New Forums: Bugs, Feedback, and Questions

Is it not possible to upload images directly into PMs? I’ve never tried doing it before but it only gives the option of pointing to a web address when I try (at least from my phone).

Is it not possible to upload images directly into PMs? I’ve never tried doing it before but it only gives the option of pointing to a web address when I try (at least from my phone).

It's a permission setting in our forum software (currently set to Off). I'm not Teapot but it is likely because some attachments can be chunky and we would have a view of all of them in the backend (and on the server) to keep an eye on usage, which has implications if you guys want to start sending one another saucy pictures in your private conversations. This way keeps private conversations more private, if that makes sense.

R

which has implications if you guys want to start sending one another saucy pictures in your private conversations.
Lol. I just wanted to send some pics of some blu-rays I’m trading that not everybody needs to see, but I guess I’ll try and get back into my imgur account... How many apps and login details does the world need, stick my neuralink in already.

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while, but Twitter links don't convert to articles when I view them in Firefox on my PC. I always assumed they only worked in mobile view on phones, but I just tested it in Edge on my PC and they work fine. Is this a known issue with Firefox, or could it be a configuration issue at my end? Thanks.

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while, but Twitter links don't convert to articles when I view them in Firefox on my PC. I always assumed they only worked in mobile view on phones, but I just tested it in Edge on my PC and they work fine. Is this a known issue with Firefox, or could it be a configuration issue at my end? Thanks.
It's most likely an issue with your browser's privacy settings - which Firefox have stricter by default than other browsers. It's a good thing overall, but it does mean that sometimes it'll interfere with third-party embeds, like tweets. Unfortunately, there's not really much we can do to mitigate it on the forum side due to how it's been made.

As this is a thread inviting feedback and questions surrounding these forums, can anyone tell me where I can claim a rebate for time I've wasted in typing posts that have since been deleted due to heavy-handed moderation, or would it be simpler to just not waste the time in the first place by not posting anymore? Thanks.

As this is a thread inviting feedback and questions surrounding these forums, can anyone tell me where I can claim a rebate for time I've wasted in typing posts that have since been deleted due to heavy-handed moderation, or would it be simpler to just not waste the time in the first place by not posting anymore? Thanks.
If you'd like to discuss a moderation decision, please feel free to DM an admin and we can take a look for you.

@Teapot:

Thanks for the response, Teapot. Would you perhaps be prepared to entertain my query by DM yourself? I'm quite concerned about the increasing tendancy for reasonable discussion to be shut down on these forums.

Really sorry about this - this was caused by an oversight while doing some routine upgrades. I've fixed this now and I'll put in a process to shout at me if it breaks again.
I think this is the same problem I'm noticing at the moment. I can only search the last month of my posts and that's all that's showing in my profile page, but I can see much further back for other users.

I think this is the same problem I'm noticing at the moment. I can only search the last month of my posts and that's all that's showing in my profile page, but I can see much further back for other users.
It looks like the search index was in an incomplete state, which is a little odd. I've rebuilt it now and it looks like it's including all posts properly again. :)

It looks like the search index was in an incomplete state, which is a little odd. I've rebuilt it now and it looks like it's including all posts properly again. :)
Thanks, I've tested the search and profile page and it all looks fine now.

This thread (in General Anime Chit-Chat) hasn't been posted in since 2019 - do you think it might be time to unpin it now? 😅

Also this pinned thread in the Manga forum hasn't had any new posts since 2015:

Not sure if this is the right thread, or even if it's been answered before, but can someone explain how these user ranks, such as Hikikomori or Kiznaiver work?; just got promoted to Kiznaiver and I'm just wondering how the names are decided as they seem custom for some people but not for others.

Last edited:
Back