What did you BUY today?

I've been really enjoying various Mario games recently, so I just ordered the DVDS of Super Mario Bros Super Show, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World.

I used to have a lot of these on VHS (and I had a few of those random £2.99 DVD from years ago too), so it'll be nice to have the whole shebang to go with my Zelda set!
Oh my god! 😃
I had a couple of VHS tapes of the Super Mario World cartoon when I was a kid, too! I'm sure that comprised the whole series.

I had a tape of the Super Mario Bros Super Show as well. It was one from a range of children's VHS cassettes called "The Biggest Ever Video". Three hours long, it was, with a bunch of episodes on. It was just the cartoon segments, though, not the live-action bits. What about yours? 😀

I liked the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon as well. I used to record that while watching it when it was on in the morning. I must've had the whole lot at one point. 😅

@Neil.T I had some of those "Biggest Ever" videos too! Also, a load of that series recorded from when it was on TV (I think it was on GMTV or TV:AM or something...?)

One of the episodes had Beat It by Michael Jackson in it - I'd never heard it before and I thought it was the coolest song ever! I think all the songs like that have been removed from the DVDs though. They don't have the live action bits either, but I'm not really too bothered.

I also had a couple of the World videos, which I vividly remember buying from Childrens World. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I can remember that.

I don't remember ever actually seeing the 3 cartoon, so that might end up being a new exciting experience for me!

Also, a load of that series recorded from when it was on TV (I think it was on GMTV or TV:AM or something...?)
God, yes! 😀

You know what? You've just reminded me of something. 😆
There was one episode of the Super Show where the programme accidentally cut back to a view of the studio and the sofa, but... the two presenters were nowhere to be seen! You mean they weren't sitting with a cup of tea, enjoying a bit of Mario?! Scandal! 😛

I don't remember ever actually seeing the 3 cartoon, so that might end up being a new exciting experience for me!
The memory I have of it is that it's the most faithful as an adaptation. It used a lot of the music, backgrounds and enemies from the game. Even that big green boot power-up Kuribo's Shoe made an appearance! (Though embarrassingly mispronounced as "Kuroobi" in the dialogue and accompanying song. 😅)

Bowser's seven kids all had weird names that differ from the games, too. Apparently the cartoon was already in production before their official names had been decided by Nintendo in Japan. 😯

Out of interest I thought I'd look it up £175 return Super Off Peak! 13th - 21st (ie the whole week in Edinburgh). 7hrs 40mns.
Coach is £30, but 14 hours.
And flights are £83 @ 1:30hrs

Think I'd rather drive. But fuel would probably be the equivalent of flying.

I was sitting at my computer desk last night watching a Youtuber's reaction video of Your Name on my PC, and all of a sudden a big chunk of the right arm of my office chair just broke off and fell to the floor, exposing the bolts holding the chair together. I figured it was time to get a new chair, lol...

So, I visited a local office supply store this morning and purchased this nice Big And Tall person's office chair with a 350 lb. capacity, which is a good thing because I actually weigh 350 lbs, lol... I also wanted a chair that has tilt-up arms so the chair can actually roll all the way into my desk's cubby-hole when I'm not using in it, and this chair was one of the few Big and Tall chairs that have this feature.. I also bought a new vinyl floor mat to go with it, since my old one is looking pretty worn. Now I'll be able to watch my anime reaction videos in total comfort!

476279_p_realspace_ampresso_big_tall_bonded_leather_high_back_chair

Last edited:
I was sitting at my computer desk last night watching a Youtuber's reaction video of Your Name on my PC, and all of a sudden a big chunk of the right arm of my office chair just broke off and fell to the floor, exposing the bolts holding the chair together. I figured it was time to get a new chair, lol...

So, I visited a local office supply store this morning and purchased this nice Big And Tall person's office chair with a 350 lb. capacity, which is a good thing because I actually weigh 350 lbs, lol... I also wanted a chair that has tilt-up arms so the chair can actually roll all the way into my desk's cubby-hole when I'm not using in it, and this chair was one of the few Big and Tall chairs that have this feature.. I also bought a new vinyl floor mat to go with it, since my old one is looking pretty worn. Now I'll be able to watch my anime reaction videos in total comfort!

476279_p_realspace_ampresso_big_tall_bonded_leather_high_back_chair
No offence, but maybe cut down on the donuts 😅

Lol, no, I very rarely eat much sweets at all -except maybe an occasional Toblerone bar... 😁

Cheese is my biggest weakness... Hard to escape that though, since I live in Dairy Farm country... 🤗

Back