The Gaming News Thread (for news that doesn't need a thread)

Just a heads up we may in for stricter video game regulation no thanks to troll on steam plus we no longer have the eu fundamental rights.im not sure if I should post a link about the game or not so I need help on how to run it by the mods.

the rise in knife crime because there not enough police on the streets to deal with it
That's really not the reason for this stuff. It's always been cheaper to let people fight it out and then clean it up as opposed to get officers killed and then have to pay to train new ones.

I'm probably older than most when it comes to this stuff where I live, but as much as stabbings and shootings have gone up round here recently it does so every 10 years or so and it's not anything new. I'm mean, yeah this time round someone's using it to point blame towards other but that's just politicians being idiots which is again nothing original. Violent crime increases tend to fluctuate when it jumps down to the next generation of a family and it really depends how much of a tit the new kid is and who he knocks about with but really, it's nothing new so I don't get why it's being talked about so much.
People only tend to talk about the bit they don't agree with. Like a mate of mine last week got tasered by the takeaway bloke who then went back to the shop complaining and returned with all his mates to stab him. Alright in fairness my mate probably shouldn't've koshed him in the first place but again, people only talk about the bit they're not happy with which in this case is clearly dodgy delivery men.

The second (and final) P5 The Animation special came out today and so did the announcement of Persona 5 The Royal:
The announcement on the Persona Channel website says there's something happening at Ryogoku Kokugikan, which is an arena mainly for Sumo, but also holds other events such as boxing. So I'm guessing a fighting game like P4 Arena.
More info April 24th.

For those who don't use the Discord, my (rough) TL of the CM:

(Male voice) “What do you think of the phantom thieves?”
(Female voice) “I think helping people is wonderful.”
“But if I had to say one way or the other, I don’t like them.”
“Their way of doing things won’t help people, won’t really change the world. That's the feeling I get.”
“In the end, to really resolve things people have to act themselves, I think.”

Disclaimer: my Japanese is far from perfect :p I'm not 100% confident about the exact meaning of the last two lines, but that feels like it makes sense. At the very least, I think I got the intent.

The second (and final) P5 The Animation special came out today and so did the announcement of Persona 5 The Royal:
The announcement on the Persona Channel website says there's something happening at Ryogoku Kokugikan, which is an arena mainly for Sumo, but also holds other events such as boxing. So I'm guessing a fighting game like P4 Arena.
More info April 24th.
I think your assumption is incorrect at it being like P4A, as one place I frequent seems to think that it is a remake with an additional female protagonist a-la P3P.

I think your assumption is incorrect at it being like P4A, as one place I frequent seems to think that it is a remake with an additional female protagonist a-la P3P.

It certainly could be an option, but the subtitled version of the trailer seems to make her character seem anti-phantom thieves, so I'm unsure if that's what it'll end up being. Only time will tell though.

SEGA have re-announced Project Sakura Wars (Shin Sakura Taisen) for the PlayStation 4. It will be available in Spring 2020 for the western audience. Sakura Wars is 'part visual novel, part Strategy RPG' (like the Utawarerumono series) and is developed by the same studio who worked on the games in the past as well as the relatively popular Valkyria Chronicles series. The character designer has been changed this time, replacing Kōsuke Fujishima (Tales of) will be Tito Kube (Bleach).

z_5c9b7108c7d5a.jpg

3PLkZGK.gif

Last edited:
2019-03-30.png

Bandai Namco have announced the next installment in the Sword Art Online video game series - Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (no mention of Nintendo Switch but that's probably going to be later a la Complete Edition type).

(Note: Trailer does contain spoilers for episodes 1-24 of the Alicization anime)

For those lost in the SAO gaming lore, here's the order of events:
#1 - Infinity Moment [PSP] - Based on Aincrad arc. Game was bundled with Hollow Fragment.
#2 - Hollow Fragment [Vita] - Based on Aincrad arc. Re-released as Re:Hollow Fragment on PS4 & PC.
#3 - Lost Song [PS3/PS4/Vita] - Based on Fairy Dance arc. Re-released on PC.
#4 - Hollow Realization [PS4/Vita] - Based on Aincrad arc. Re-released in complete form for Switch & PC.
#5 - Fatal Bullet [PS4/XO/PC] - Based on Phantom Bullet arc. Re-released in complete form for Switch & PC.
#6 - Alicization Lycoris [PS4/XO/PC] - Based on Alicization arc.

When I say 'based on arc', basically the games take the concept of the light novel's arc with a twist. For instance Infinity Moment starts near the end of the actual Aincrad arc where Kirito, Asuna & co. never managed to get out of the game after fighting the real boss on the 75th floor.

Last edited:
Back