Anime at the cinema

I've got my ticket. Looking through the apps for the 2 cinemas showing it I'm going to the busiest screening of the 4 available (the sub at the Showcase Deluxe). Maybe if there was a billboard somewhere in Southampton the others would be more full 😜

I've got my ticket. Looking through the apps for the 2 cinemas showing it I'm going to the busiest screening of the 4 available (the sub at the Showcase Deluxe). Maybe if there was a billboard somewhere in Southampton the others would be more full 😜

Going to the original subtitled screening (before more screenings were added) at Vue Plymouth.

/umiko

I saw Penguin Highway there too, I really liked it. I didn't expect it to be so Sci-Fi.. What did you think?
Yeah I went into both films completely blind and so I didn't know what to expect at all and so the sci-fi aspect surprised me. I liked the film a lot tho, the animation was really nice and so was the soundtrack. Maybe this is an indictment on the film but it did feel a little longer than its actual runtime but I enjoyed my time with it overall, a quality production, the visuals were superb. I'll work on a review tomorrow but yeah I loved both films, the Tats Yamashita opening in Mirai was a nice surprise too, I love that guy.

Saw Mirai today. Really enjoyed it. It has great visual representations of childhood emotions, my particular highlight being the final act's scenario. The dub cast was all on point too. My main criticisms would be around its structure. I feel lime you could break up the acts of the movie into standalone episodes and they could stil, work with them feeling so self contained though with connective elements granted.

Saw Mirai today. Really enjoyed it. It has great visual representations of childhood emotions, my particular highlight being the final act's scenario. The dub cast was all on point too. My main criticisms would be around its structure. I feel lime you could break up the acts of the movie into standalone episodes and they could stil, work with them feeling so self contained though with connective elements granted.
The structure part was my main criticism as well. You could literally take this film and turn it into a TV series because of how they laid it out. So in a sense, this film feels like a television special at times.

Back