UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If we got divers before fighters not gonna end well
Depends. Build Fighters was kind of a surprise hit. We really only got it as filler because recent Gundam shows weren't winning over kids. Indeed in a recent interview they confirmed BF was basically trying to make good on the 'Gunpla arcade experience' AGE was pitched to them as and failed to be.

I'd say BF is the better show but in the time since the Build/Breaker sub franchise has taken on a life of its own. One where Bandai can literally tell kids "You don't need to know all the series! Just buy whichever robots look cool, mash em together and make your own fun one!". Indeed they're well on their way to turning the Divers version of Gunpla battle into a real thing and so likely want to push that globally.

Another factor is BF and Try are very open with the visuals of real world Gunpla boxes. Outside of Japan that runs foul of certain advertising laws for kids. Divers does it a few times but the vast majority of the time is spent in the GBN world.

It's exclusive to a french seller (Fnac) so don't expet that anywhere else exept in French speaking countries.
The discs are the same between France-UK tho, so if you can import.

Yuasa box looks nice, I wonder if there's anything new compared to the individual releases, especially in the book.

@anime_andrew: About the Perfect Blue UE, it's great that you're getting a 4k scan done, but it (only just) occurred to me, since the new transfer means getting a new disc master anyway, is there any chance that we'll see any of the extras or the director's commentary from the Japanese release? I know it's all down to licensing and margins, but I really feel like on-disc behind-the-scenes extras are getting sidelined in the blu-ray era, and the ones on the DVDs of Kon's films were always so illuminating.

Your name disc update
Good afternoon.

Jeremy Graves from All The Anime here. I hope all is well.

You're receiving this email as you registered interest in receiving a replacement Blu-ray disc for our release Your Name.

We're anticipating to (finally) be able to get your replacement disc sent to you and we wanted to check to make sure you shipping address is the same it was when first registered interest. If your address has changed please respond to this message confirming your new shipping address before Monday 22nd October 2018 otherwise the disc will be sent to the address you originally supplied.

If your shipping address has not changed then there's no need to respond to this message; it will be sent to the original address you supplied.

Additionally, if you can please send us your current Blu-ray disc* - and only the disc; please do not send back any of the packaging - of Your Name to our offices at the following address it would be much appreciated:

(Removed the address)
Please include a note inside the parcel with the disc saying it is from you; so we can cross reference it with our records.

*If you have already sent us your disc, then please disregard that part of this message.

We we will be looking to ship the replacement disc as soon as possible following the 22nd October 2018.

We really really appreciate your patience with this and if you have any questions please feel to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Jeremy Graves
Marketing Executive - All The Anime / Anime Ltd.

Well, I really hope I don't have to send back my two defective Blu-rays from the US, as the cheapest rates even for a small package to the UK looks to be $35 now. I'll happily destroy them, instead - I'm certainly not going to try to resell them disc-only, as it wouldn't be worth the effort even if I was a greedy jerk - especially when they're Region B discs in a Region A Country.

Well, I really hope I don't have to send back my two defective Blu-rays from the US, as the cheapest rates even for a small package to the UK looks to be $35 now. I'll happily destroy them, instead - I'm certainly not going to try to resell them disc-only, as it wouldn't be worth the effort even if I was a greedy jerk - especially when they're Region B discs in a Region A Country.
The system in place is pretty good at the moment and once they get the original discs they mark off the users and send them the new disc.
Logically it is a good idea.

Back