UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think the point is that the points you've raised have been covered already in this thread and broadly answered at different points on a title-by-title basis?

AL have acknowledged issues in the past and have looked to remedy them, by for example not announcing release dates until a title is locked in with approvals and materials. The problem your posts have is that you are making a direct comparison between the UK and the US, without taking into account differing licencing restrictions / agreements and availability of materials, as well as the smaller team at AL compared to the US distros.

I understand you are frustrated, but many of these things you've raised are things AL have said they are aware of. Also, you need to consider that the market for physical media has changed since the period you seem to be looking back at (VHS, multi-part DVD editions). There is little money in standard editions these days, so Collector's Editions tend to be king - your choice here is to wait or pick up that edition. Producing such editions can also take longer but does seem to be where the market demand is when you are discussing a niche market...

You're probably thinking I'm just mounting a blind defence of AL, but the only recent releases I can recall that had large gaps between parts were Hyouka and ERASED, both for differing reasons detailed by AL at the time I believe.
AssClass, All the gundams post Zeta, All were vastly behind American releases and AssClass was from June to March for parts so longer than 6 months too. Also people saying oh dont watch till part 2 release really is a terrible excuse like you blame someone for wanting to watch what they paid for as soon as they own it. This is the only place where its told as an excuse that I hate part delays because I watched Part 1 of AssClass S2 because I enjoyed S1 so much.
And also waiting for part 2 is penalised by EBs as AL rarely puts Part 1 up back for offer when part 2 is out

AssClass, All the gundams post Zeta, All were vastly behind American releases and AssClass was from June to March for parts so longer than 6 months too. Also people saying oh dont watch till part 2 release really is a terrible excuse like you blame someone for wanting to watch what they paid for as soon as they own it. This is the only place where its told as an excuse that I hate part delays because I watched Part 1 of AssClass S2 because I enjoyed S1 so much.
And also waiting for part 2 is penalised by EBs as AL rarely puts Part 1 up back for offer when part 2 is out

I did also say that one option was to buy at the point of release and wait until the other part was released before watching - no missing out on EB's that way (and this is exactly what I'm doing with RE:Zero). . I don't remember blaming anyone for anything - just pointing out what options where available in the situation occurring... As with anything in life there are sometimes tough choices to be made and we can't always have our cake and eat it without compromise.

Up to this point I haven't been buying Gundam as I'm less interested in the earlier titles and UC in general hence why I forgot about those. I believe the parts for those (eg ZZ Part 1 and Part 2) were released close together, your more referencing the gaps between iterations, e.g. 0079, Zeta and ZZ? The first Gundam title I have any interest in will the up-and-coming 00 release once it happens here...

I picked up AssClass on the "uber" EB AL provided back at Easter (lucky me). But again this is horses for courses.

Last edited:
There's plenty more to complain about besides gaps between releases. There are gaps between announcements and release, Silver Spoon, Haruhi, Plastic Memories (or did the latter get cancelled?)... and there are the missing parts, such as Free Season 1, High School DxD New, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond

There's plenty more to complain about besides gaps between releases. There are gaps between announcements and release, Silver Spoon, Haruhi, Plastic Memories (or did the latter get cancelled?)... and there are the missing parts, such as Free Season 1, High School DxD New, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
Arent all them gone due to FUNi CR I mean Ive imported all Free! releases now and have a preorder for BBB S2.

Maybe some announcements to look forward to at MCM at the end of the month..? :)

Guys, I’ve just seen the anime guest for London. Nooooooo! I’m away in Oslo that weekend and cosplaying her at Brum MCM!

Please please please can you list the Me!Me!Me! merch you’ll be selling, on your site for me since I won’t be at con as I’m gagging for some and this is the first time I’ve felt a shred of devastation over no longer going London.

You’ll see I’ve asked the same on the FB post too hehe. Can put my username and me together now ;) Although Jeremy and Andy know me already :p

I’ll love you long time :)

In this thread when I say guys it’s directed at AL ya know and not forum members :p

Not really sure why your comment has that face after it either. You clearly don’t see everything I post 😂

@anime_andrew If you guys license Macross, I will buy a plane ticket from Michigan to London, somehow find out where the AL offices are, take a train to the nearest city, find the office, break in, shake your hand, then slowly walk out and fly back to America.

Also, while I have your attention Andrew, is March Comes in Like a Lion a clone of the Aniplex release? Because it sure looks like one...

Gundam Build Divers Anime Gets English Dub

One of the American cons will be getting the first 20 minutes of Gundam NT, with Sunrise confirming they have plans to screen the full movie later.

*looks at those comments from a few weeks ago about other Gundam plans* Hmmm...
t9V3Tu3.jpg

Is it the same disc as Nozomi’s? If anyone here who worked on it can confirm, that would be great.

(Nozomi’s disc is really good, but is missing the 2.1 audio mixes on the Japanese BD)

Back