UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well, I really hope I don't have to send back my two defective Blu-rays from the US, as the cheapest rates even for a small package to the UK looks to be $35 now. I'll happily destroy them, instead - I'm certainly not going to try to resell them disc-only, as it wouldn't be worth the effort even if I was a greedy jerk - especially when they're Region B discs in a Region A Country.
I got a reply from @Jeremy Graves that is worded slightly differently from @thedoctor2016 's:
If you could please post the Blu-ray disc -... - you currently have to our offices at the following address we can get a replacement sent to you once available
Which sounds like you definitely have to send the disc(s) back. Email them to see if they'll except a photo of your discs in pieces or even a video of you doing it!

Well It's certainly not logical to have to pay $35 to return two faulty Blu-ray discs, unless AL want to cover the return fee from the US for me - I'd just live with the discs I have, then. I have four other releases of YN from other countries in my collection without the PQ issue, anyway.

Right stuf doing an offer this weekend where all their Gundam DVD sets are $15. Buy 5 and use the code GUNDAM-DVD and you'll get them for $50.

I appreciate most will want Blu-ray but think this is a good deal if you want to get hold of stuff that might not come here. I grabbed the 2 Victory sets, BF, BF Try and the 00 compilations.

Eh, we don't have to go there.

Personally I'm an impatient fanboy and we've heard conflicting news on what is and isn't on the cards for a UK release. Same reason I own the RS releases of Gundam X, Evolve and the Turn A movies.

Gundam x, and the turn A films at least I believe Nozomi is gonna give BD in the end. Especially how popular x is with people. V even though I dislike it I appreciated the BD remaster so do Plan to get it eventually.

Jeremy or Andrew, you want to be amazing and smuggle a Me!Me!Me! artbook into SLA so I can make it rain cash at you both please? :p :) I'm legit going to be devastated if I miss out on merch chance and it sells out at MCM seeing as nowhere else has any merch. I'd love to throw dollar at other stuff too. Do you know what your merch for it will be yet please?

Can't believe you met Mamoru, Joshawott, so lucky! :D

What do you propose as an alternative to an amaray? A digipack for 1 disc seems like it would be a bit daft.

Lots of storyboards?! :) Even the Japanese sets use amaray cases - although I would've still prefered digipaks.

gthunder9.jpg

Last edited:
Back