UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Seems like we will be getting Chaos Dragon from the guys at AL soon as it's been reviewed in Neo Magazine. Still listed as TBC in the magazine and looking at AL's site there's been nothing said about it since 2015. Below is picture of the review.

IMG-0903.JPG

Not Cardiff the capital of Wales what a surprise. /s

It's predictable that you'd never be happy xD! The cities are data-driven, I have the stats of every cinema that screened Your Name's performance on hand so we selected very carefully the spend as it is not a small amount and we need to drive people to go and see Mirai.

Cardiff's first cinema of 4 that screened Your Name ranks at #79 of all cinemas in the UK - the fourth one is the lowest of all cinemas. So the issue is just nobody goes to watch it in Cardiff and expending £££ is a colossal risk of losing money we don't have. Chicken and the egg stuff but we have to prioritise places people are likely to go if outdoor adverts are used :).

TL;DR - Don't be a negative Nellie - go encourage people to go and see anime in Cardiff and we'll definitely notice! On our side we deploy digital marketing in all key cities including Cardiff to target the film too.

Best,

Andrew

It's predictable that you'd never be happy xD! The cities are data-driven, I have the stats of every cinema that screened Your Name's performance on hand so we selected very carefully the spend as it is not a small amount and we need to drive people to go and see Mirai.

Cardiff's first cinema of 4 that screened Your Name ranks at #79 of all cinemas in the UK - the fourth one is the lowest of all cinemas. So the issue is just nobody goes to watch it in Cardiff and expending £££ is a colossal risk of losing money we don't have. Chicken and the egg stuff but we have to prioritise places people are likely to go if outdoor adverts are used :).

TL;DR - Don't be a negative Nellie - go encourage people to go and see anime in Cardiff and we'll definitely notice! On our side we deploy digital marketing in all key cities including Cardiff to target the film too.

Best,

Andrew
I assume you put the showcase as Cardiff when it is really in Treforest it is up a main A road 20 mins away from Cardiff and near impossible for people who dont drive especially how late the films end with buses etc. I blame Showcase its why I can't see MHA in Cardiff its not in the centre. its miles away while Bristol its in Bristol centre and I can get there easier.
I know how bad some of them did Geass there was 5 people
And Maquis couldn't even fill a small screen. So yeah I know Cardiff isn't doing well I can tell but I mean it is funny for the capital for Wales to be ignored for Bristol im sure plaid Cymru would be thrilled.

Best,

Andrew
I'd love to see the full ranking list. I went to 2 viewings in Southampton. Once at Showcase which was full, although a small theatre, and to the IMAX showing at the Odeon which was very busy as well. Neither were part of the initial run though.

Also talking of Bristol there's only 2 showing sub and dub for Mirai, but there's 4 in Southampton, 2 of each with both cinemas above showing it, so more potential for more people to see it!

I assume you put the showcase as Cardiff when it is really in Treforest it is up a main A road 20 mins away from Cardiff and near impossible for people who dont drive especially how late the films end with buses etc. I blame Showcase its why I can't see MHA in Cardiff its not in the centre. its miles away while Bristol its in Bristol centre and I can get there easier.
I know how bad some of them did Geass there was 5 people
And Maquis couldn't even fill a small screen. So yeah I know Cardiff isn't doing well I can tell but I mean it is funny for the capital for Wales to be ignored for Bristol im sure plaid Cymru would be thrilled.

Actually I did not and am using Your Name which is the biggest sample size to base what we did for Mirai to target best chances of bringing the film to as many new people as we can too.

So for interests sakes without ranking them - Your Name screened in Wales in: Cineworld (7 mins walk from Cardiff Central so I assume city centre), Odeon (25 mins walk from Cardiff Central there so not quite so much), Chapter Arts (27 mins from Cardiff Central so also not quite so much) and the Tramshed (8 mins walk from Cardiff Central so I'd say fair to say central venue). Unsure what transport is like for two of those but it certainly was well catered to and not outside of Cardiff.

Cardiff's first highest cinema site was at #79, Bristol featured at #12 for venue performance on Your Name and was the fourth biggest performing city.

Sooooo, they may not be pleased but if you could tell Plaid Cymru to send their members to some more anime screenings or pay for some of the advertising costs and I'll certainly consider it though :)!

Best,

AP

Back