The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I have similar misgivings, but I'm also a bit concerned as to whether the new anime is likely to use Sonoda's style as it is now - his female characters often seem to have taller eyes and a shorter jaw than used to be the case. It's not a huge change, but I think it makes them look younger or more loli-esque, and I do not like it.
Honestly can't say I noticed that at all in Burst, the most recent manga of Sonoda's I've read though that could be because I'm usually reserving my gaze for Goldie, and she has both narrow eyes and a chin for the ages. His style has certainly developed and adapted a bit to the times (as anyone's will over 30 years) but it's nothing that's personally offended my retro-tinted vision.

MALs Manga Store is live in the UK now. Most seem to be £9.99 (some are less and some are on sale) and each one has a preview. There appears to be no zoom function though!
Screenshot_20180316-094849.png
That along with no download function means it's pretty much useless for mobile phones. The only useful thing is to use it to have a quick check of the look of the Manga as they appear on the anime series pages, as long as the manga is published by the people they have signed up with (for example FMA isn't available).

Right Stuf to Release Skip Beat! Anime, Gundam 00 10th Anniversary Set

Oh yes I will be getting the Gundam 00 Ultra Edition as it’s probably my favourite.
Any Gundam news would be very much appreciated right about now AL...

MALs Manga Store is live in the UK now. Most seem to be £9.99 (some are less and some are on sale) and each one has a preview.

That along with no download function means it's pretty much useless for mobile phones. The only useful thing is to use it to have a quick check of the look of the Manga as they appear on the anime series pages, as long as the manga is published by the people they have signed up with (for example FMA isn't available).
£10 a volume for online only? I'll stick to ComiXology thanks. I can buy actual physical books for that price.

Any Gundam news would be very much appreciated right about now AL...
Agreed, I ended up getting the US LE of IBO Season 1 and the UE of Gundam Wing specifically because of Anime Limiteds lack of communication.

There hasn't been info on further releases now for at least 6 months, it's not like they are running out of Gundam stuff to release either.

I'd say it probably is a good post for the AL thread *wink*

Anyway I've yet to break into the gundam franchise I picked up the trilogy films, but have yet to watch them due to their age making me push them back in my backlog, but its videos/shots from origins that made me interested in checking out the franchise in the first place so will look at picking these up.

I've only seen a couple of series separate from the main Universal Century stuff - IBO and SEED (I'm thinking of a rewatch soon because I now have nearly all of the shows I saw on AnimeCentral available for a rewatch season and so I can watch SEED Destiny).

The UC seems a bit unwieldy, but I guess I wouldn't mind watching the original series at some point.

I reckon the first season will go up to volume 8 ( or 4 in the kodansha two in one hardbacks ) then season two will be everything up till they leave iceland, then they will have to Waite for the war in the Baltic arc to finish before they could start season 3.

Sunrise producing a new City Hunter anime film for 2019 with original VAs Akira Kamiya and Kazue Ikura returning as Ryo and Kaori respectively.

chance and luck were duly got.

Back