The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Aniplex is actually my favorite US anime distributor - I'll take their quality products over Funimation or Sentai anytime. I actually have three 36" anime shelves full of both Aniplex of America and Aniplex of Japan releases (which are even a bit more pricey). I have somewhere around 100 Aniplex titles in my collection, and there are at least 10-12 more titles of theirs I still need to purchase over the coming few months.

Last edited:
Aniplex is actually my favorite US anime distributor - I'll take their quality products over Funimation or Sentai anytime. I actually have three 36" anime shelves full of both Aniplex of America and Aniplex of Japan releases (which are even a bit more pricey). I have somewhere around 100 Aniplex titles in my collection, and there are at least 10-12 more titles of theirs I still need to purchase over the coming few months.
I do like them too I have all their monogatari and GoS (With the JP import) and I hope they give Fate Apoc a nice set.

noitaminA will be announcing their lineup for this year (and most likely a bit beyond) of animes and movies live on their youtube channel on the 8th at 18:00 (JST)

noitaminA will be announcing their lineup for this year (and most likely a bit beyond) of animes and movies live on their youtube channel on the 8th at 18:00 (JST)

Interesting. Like we already know that Banana Fish has taken up at least 2 cours, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add another show for the Autumn season to go alongside it. There's also Kabaneri Season 2 to cover.

I do like them too I have all their monogatari and GoS (With the JP import) and I hope they give Fate Apoc a nice set.

Yes, I need the two Owari releases yet for the monogatari series, and the three Kizumonogatari sets I'm getting this month. I expect we should see some chipboard goodness with Fate Apocrypha, I'm wanting to see what the artwork is going to be like for the box.

Garden of Sinners is definitely my favorite series from Aniplex; I imported both the big Limited Edition Blu-ray Box set with the book, and also the Standard Edition box set that was the same as what AoA offered - although importing it directly from Japan was almost $100 cheaper than AoA's asking price. I also have both the AoA and AoJ releases of Recalled Out Summer, and all seven of the individual JP LE DVD box sets, because of the nice artwork on the boxes and the soundtrack CDs included in each one. I also picked up the Japanese TYPE-MOON 10th Anniversary Event BD Box for the live stage performance of Kalifina singing some of the GoS music.

Here's a pic of the seven JP DVD releases, Recalled Out Summer, and the Standard Blu-ray Box set, just to showcase all the nice box art:

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/gos/gos9dvdwideb.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. Like we already know that Banana Fish has taken up at least 2 cours, but I wouldn't be surprised if they add another show for the Autumn season to go alongside it. There's also Kabaneri Season 2 to cover.

Very interesting, last time noitaminA did a two series in one season was Autumn 2014, long overdue.

Did some digging, Kabaneri twitter confirmed the Kabaneri game is going to be in the lineup and Wikipedia has season 2 as TBA 2019..... could be a mistake or it could have been pushed back, even though we've already had the announcement it'll be this year.

Very interesting, last time noitaminA did a two series in one season was Autumn 2014, long overdue.

Did some digging, Kabaneri twitter confirmed the Kabaneri game is going to be in the lineup and Wikipedia has season 2 as TBA 2019..... could be a mistake or it could have been pushed back, even though we've already had the announcement it'll be this year.

NoitaminA usually add 1 title to the slot per season so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not due until 2019.

Yes, I need the two Owari releases yet for the monogatari series, and the three Kizumonogatari sets I'm getting this month. I expect we should see some chipboard goodness with Fate Apocrypha, I'm wanting to see what the artwork is going to be like for the box.

Garden of Sinners is definitely my favorite series from Aniplex; I imported both the big Limited Edition Blu-ray Box set with the book, and also the Standard Edition box set that was the same as what AoA offered - although importing it directly from Japan was almost $100 cheaper than AoA's asking price. I also have both the AoA and AoJ releases of Recalled Out Summer, and all seven of the individual JP LE DVD box sets, because of the nice artwork on the boxes and the soundtrack CDs included in each one. I also picked up the Japanese TYPE-MOON 10th Anniversary Event BD Box for the live stage performance of Kalifina singing some of the GoS music.

Here's a pic of the seven JP DVD releases, Recalled Out Summer, and the Standard Blu-ray Box set, just to showcase all the nice box art:

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/gos/gos9dvdwideb.jpg

The CE box was before I was a anime fan but I am sad I missed out on it and I am glad I will be getting AoJs Fate Heavens Feel CE.

Back