The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The conglomeration of the Anime industry continues....

Last year Sony bought Funimation. Now, their subsidiary Aniplex has acquired a minority share in Madman Entertainment in Australia.

I guess that explains why the Sony/Univeral releases in AU have dried up, and certain titles' continuations are now coming through Madman.

I wonder if any UK distro is big enough anymore to be bought out, the way Manga has been on more than one occasion.
Hopefully it won't affect their releases too much since it's just a minority share.

Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon gets a season 2 and a movie, I really enjoyed the first series, been waiting for them to announce a second series, I was getting worried it was never going to come. 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Anime Gets 2nd Season, Film Project (Updated)

I think some of the reason it has been slow is because Welf’s VA has been having health issues and they’ve been waiting for his recovery. For example, they wrote the character out of Sword Oratoria (not that he was in the light novels much anyway), and just left his character unvoiced in the mobile game because they didn’t want to change the actor. Presumably that has all been sorted now.

Not strictly anime related it could be: an episode of Top Gear being aired on 11th March is described as: "Rory [Reid] has one night to discover the weirdest car culture Tokyo has to offer." I guess that itasha could make an appearance, but I don't know.

Back