[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Those look nice, shame they include 2.0 instead of Innocence.

Severely tempted by the SAC releases. Remind me, do they also have the English dub? SAC is one of the few shows where I actually really like it...

Whoa, I just signed in to YesAsia and looked at my address, which confirms it's been six years since I last ordered from them. There was a time I was buying from them pretty much every month...
@PilibO is selling them for roughly the same price: Stand Alone Complex - 1st And 2nd Gig (Anime Blu-ray, Region A) | eBay

And as I did state in my previous post, the Korean SAC releases are both Dub and Sub
Apologies, I seem to have missed that part of your post entirely. I think it was because I was presuming it went into list format after the colon and I got drawn to the parentheses with "English Subtitled" in and didn't also see "English Dub" there... damn punctuation ruining my reading comprehension.

At £76 a set I make buying from YesAsia £8 cheaper, also new and without box damage. But hey, if he wants to put the price down considerably I might bite.

Apologies, I seem to have missed that part of your post entirely. I think it was because I was presuming it went into list format after the colon and I got drawn to the parentheses with "English Subtitled" in and didn't also see "English Dub" there... damn punctuation ruining my reading comprehension.

At £76 a set I make buying from YesAsia £8 cheaper, also new and without box damage. But hey, if he wants to put the price down considerably I might bite.

Might be worth just making an offer, you never know.

The last time the Standard Korean SAC box sets were available was back around May of last year, we all thought they were OOP after that - but now they're doing another limited run. I'm betting the international market was too hot for these to let more money slip through their fingers, especially with the crap US releases that were put out. I believe this is an unprecedented third or fourth run for these box sets, usually Korean titles are one run and done. I guess the Lenticular releases were actually the only "Limited Edition" box sets, although I think there was even two separate runs for those. So anyone wanting the best quality Blu-ray releases for SAC and 2nd Gig out there, and with both dub and sub, this is your chance, don't dilly-dally - not sure how many more chances you're going to get with these.

There hasn't been any word at KimchiDVD about the re-release of the SAC sets through them, or if they would still sell them at the previous price.

Last edited:
The last time the Standard Korean SAC box sets were available was back around May of last year, we all thought they were OOP after that - but now they're doing another limited run. I'm betting the international market was too hot for these to let more money slip through their fingers, especially with the crap US releases that were put out. I believe this is an unprecedented fourth run for these box sets, usually Korean titles are one run and done. So anyone wanting the best quality Blu-ray releases for SAC and 2nd Gig out there, and with both dub and sub, this is your chance, don't dilly-dally - not sure how many more chances you're going to get with these.
Don't remind me of the Wanchor Bay releases, I was crushed when I saw how bad they were since I was really looking forward to upgrading.

. So anyone wanting the best quality Blu-ray releases for SAC and 2nd Gig out there, and with both dub and sub, this is your chance, don't dilly-dally - not sure how many more chances you're going to get with these.

I have a MASSIVE problem with this. Not teh fact that you've said it, I hasten to add - just that it's an actual situation that fans wanting a decent HD release of SAC have to contend with.

It's 2018 for god's sake. The fact that there isn't a competently authored HD version of that show available to buy is absolutely ridiculous.

I still have a slim hope we may get a UK BD one day, the Korean sets are nice but the shipping costs makes this a no go for me
Manga UK have the rights here due to being part of the production committee. Unfortunately they as good as said they're waiting on someone else to master it and purchase the rights to use it. We very nearly ended up with replica sets of those horrible Anchor Bay releases.

There's some conflicting information about the subtitles. Blu-ray.com says it has Japanese and English subs, CDJapan says it has none and Amazon doesn't mention them at all.

Playasia also says that it has none. I guess it's just the default listing values on Blu-ray.com...

Last edited:
The Amazon description lists it with

· TV version 24 episodes
· unpublished episode " Police maneuver of rampant」 "
· 23 episode modified" Missing link on the boundary "
·" Movie version STEINS; Deja Vu in GATE load area "

It does not mention the OVA sequel episode tho.

The "unpublished episode" listed is the OVA. They just mistranslated the episode title "Egoistic Poriomania" as "Police maneuver of rampant".

Discotek Media have started a poll on their Facebook page asking fans if they would like to see longer running TV shows released exclusively on SD on BD rather than DVDs from here on. This is a pretty interesting point as they stated that it means a cheaper release, less discs, less space on the shelf, better quality subtitles, and BDs being more durable than DVDs.

The only downside to this is pretty much that games consoles (specifically the PlayStation 4) currently have an issue running SD on BD discs which causes the episodes to stutter a lot. This is because Sony never really programmed the console to support it properly but there has been some patches to try and make it work.

Anywho I was initially against this at first years ago but I have began to accept the idea as it makes titles like Fist of the North Star more reasonable to acquire since it's less space and cheaper. Currently Samurai Pizza Cats, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and the upcoming release of Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier are the only SD on BD titles to date.

Looks like classic series SDBD is winning. I personally really like the idea, since as Discotek stated it means less dvds and therefore less space being taken up by a series.
I think DVD will have to have phased out eventually, so this is a good place to start.

Back