UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

An announcement for Chars Counterattack would be good. The US release is only £16 on wow at the moment and I know if I buy it AL will announce it over here.
Agreed as it and Thunderbolt: December Sky are $17.50 each atm on TRSI, and am seriously considering adding them to an order for the Patlabor movies.

Already starting to get non AL Gundam blus due to the lack of communication on what is being released after ZZ.

Edit: I'll get them on Wow. They're both €19

I believe they said they'd announce the next Gundam release shortly after ZZ Part 2 comes out. I remember taking solace in the fact that there is at least another release planned after it!

Well in terms of Universal Century order, Char's Counterattack has to be next since it closes off the Char x Amuro saga. It's also BBFC'd from the Beez era so the only concern would be the transfer and packaging.

After that any title would do.

Is it too soon for War in the Pocket? Only came out in Japan back in August, but I'd love to see the new 4K restoration - and it should only take a disc or two at most, so quicker to produce.

Well in terms of Universal Century order, Char's Counterattack has to be next since it closes off the Char x Amuro saga. It's also BBFC'd from the Beez era so the only concern would be the transfer and packaging.

After that any title would do.

That depends there's still a few UC titles that need releasing here that's excluding the domestic release of Thunderbolt, Unicorn and War in the Pocket for obvious reasons. From what I heard Wing will take priority for a release in 2018. So God knows when the other UC titles such as F91, Stardust Memory, 08th MS team and Victory will come out.

That depends there's still a few UC titles that need releasing here that's excluding the domestic release of Thunderbolt, Unicorn and War in the Pocket for obvious reasons. From what I heard Wing will take priority for a release in 2018. So God knows when the other UC titles such as F91, Stardust Memory, 08th MS team and Victory will come out.

Well for UC after Char's Counterattack, they could go after the 1-cour/OVA/Films to speed up the process. Like:
  • F-91 - Film (Dub/Sub)
  • 0083: Stardust Memory & Afterglow of Zeon - 13 episodes (Dub/Sub) & Film (Sub)
  • The 08th MS Team - 12 OVA episodes (Dub/Sub) & Film (Dub/Sub)
  • MS IGLOO - 9 OVA episodes (Sub)
  • Thunderbolt December Sky - Film (Dub/Sub)
  • The Origin: Chronicle Of Char And Sayla Collection - 4 OVA episodes (Dub/Sub)
And perhaps put out a shop exclusive release for Zeta: A New Translation - 3 Films (Sub).

The main concern I have for the films is design for the packaging. It's going to be thinner than the other sets and probably inconsistent so I wonder what's going to be happen with those.

So, Lu over the Wall is in cinemas tonight - who'll be checking it out?

Sadly the only cinema I could realistically get to on the right day stopped showing these releases (I missed out on Fireworks too) so I’m very jealous of those who get to see Lu Over The Wall. Hope a lot of them will post impressions :)

(Hate living so far from any cinema, let alone good cinemas!)

R

So, Lu over the Wall is in cinemas tonight - who'll be checking it out?

Saw it last month so giving it a skip tonight. I hope everyone who has gone enjoyed it though, as I really do think it’s one of the better titles to hit theatrical release this year. :)

I wasn’t aware of that movie 2 sound problem (didn’t watch it yet), sigh. I wonder if paint screen my amazon order works?

I’m pretty sure I don’t have the email anymore.

Saw it last month so giving it a skip tonight. I hope everyone who has gone enjoyed it though, as I really do think it’s one of the better titles to hit theatrical release this year. :)
Lu Over the Wall is one of the more deserving of a rewatch titles released theatrically this year though.

Back