UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I don't mind either. If I can I pick and choose depending on mood and type of show/film (ie anything complicated I will go dub).
I was wondering if you (@Dave1988) watch any foreign live action films where a dub is either not an option or looks stupid. Some of my favourite films are foreign language like Amélie and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.
Nah I don't I'm afraid...anything foreign as to be dubbed :( tryed watching sub...but dunno just can't get on with it

Oh wow I really like this set, only just bought the collectors edition of Movie #1 (didn't even get a chance to open it) and was planning on asking for the others for Christmas. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Nah I don't I'm afraid...anything foreign as to be dubbed :( tryed watching sub...but dunno just can't get on with it
How then about getting some Japanese drilled into your head? =P It's pretty cool when you can watch raw, basically same experience as with dub, just without the dub or better dub, and opens up quite a deal more of stuff. Especially if one may want to dig for pretty old or obscure titles.

Oh wow I really like this set, only just bought the collectors edition of Movie #1 (didn't even get a chance to open it) and was planning on asking for the others for Christmas. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.
As nice as the others are it might be best to go with this as the CEs are OOP(whats left at retailers is the last of the stock).

I'm happy with my Persona collector's editions. That's a great deal though if you don't own them!

Now if only they'd do a standard boxed edition of Escaflowne + movie ala Gurren Lagann ;) ;) ;) ;)

I said I'd've double-dipped on the CEs if they made a box to hold them all, since I already own the JPN LEs.

Now we do have a box, I'll likely double-dip on the SEs, though I'll wait and pick them up individually.

I already have the Japanese LEs so I'll be passing on these (I'd be pretty miffed if I had bought the UK CEs tbh...). I'd probably have double dipped if they used the same artwork as Japanese artbox (I dunno if it was store exclusive or what, but it was really nice) but I have no issues missing this. Now give this nicer small edition treatment to Escaflowne please. :p

I would honestly like to see Tokyo Ghoul get similar treatment. I know they have a complete collection planned, but a box to house Season 1, Root A, and the OVAs would be better value imo.

I said I'd've double-dipped on the CEs if they made a box to hold them all, since I already own the JPN LEs.

Now we do have a box, I'll likely double-dip on the SEs, though I'll wait and pick them up individually.
That will likely cost nearly double ALs deal. The rrps are £24.99 for movie 1 and £19.99 for the others, you would be lucky to get all 4 for less than £65 separately.

Those RRPs mean, realistically, £20 for movie 1, no more than £15 for each of 2-4. I'd also have as much time as I'd like to pick them up, as opposed to spending another £35 in the middle of December.

The artbox looks nice, but I'm happy with the collectors editions. I suppose I should probably get the fixed Movie 2 disc sent, but I'm embarrassed to say I didn't really notice anything when I first watched it (though I seem to remember the audio cutting out completely just before the end credits, or something...?) I can catch a bad picture easily enough, but bad audio rarely seems to catch my notice...

Hm, tough one. On one hand I haven't played any Persona since the Japanese second game(s) years and years ago. I saw the first episode of the P4 anime and thought it was mediocre, but enjoyed the first episode of Golden (I'm a weirdo, it seems). Will I enjoy this very attractive set...?

Hopefully I'll manage to decide before the deal ends.

R

Regarding Gundam- any idea when we'll find out what is coming after ZZ? Assuming it's going to be Turn A (long promised) or Char's Counterattack (next chronologically and less of a time sink than having to commit to a half TV series release).

Regarding Gundam- any idea when we'll find out what is coming after ZZ? Assuming it's going to be Turn A (long promised) or Char's Counterattack (next chronologically and less of a time sink than having to commit to a half TV series release).
An announcement for Chars Counterattack would be good. The US release is only £16 on wow at the moment and I know if I buy it AL will announce it over here.

Back