UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I got a shipping notice for Genius Party.

giphy.gif

I've spent all day mulling over what (if anything) to get from today's deal, and settled on just getting Twin-Tail. I was tempted to take a punt on No-Rin and Mikagura, but I need to hold back some cash back for the other deals, not to mention MVMs.

Id rather they rescue Last Exile which for some unknown reason has never had a BD release in the west.

The JPN BD (which has the English dub) looks practically the same as the DVD just with cleaner borders for the image. It's on par with say Scrapped Princess on Blu Ray or Eureka Seven. I would totally buy it because I love the show and a nice deluxe set for the series is certainly something I would buy. I've been hoping Funimation might do a BD for awhile.

Wow, this thread has been active today - I just saw these posts from this morning, and they're three pages back already...

Anyway, I really fell in love with Last Exile the very first time I saw it, right from the very start with the awesome OP music; this series is what finally pushed me off the cliff and starting my expensive "dive" into the anime physical media collecting hobby! It was the first anime series I ever watched after I got my new subscription to Netflix five years ago, right after I cut the cord on all TV reception in my home, by choice. And, even though not nearly as good as the original series, I still think that the more recent second series, Fam the Silver Wing, when viewed back-to-back with the original series, makes for a fairly epic story. Ironically, I just got done showing both series in my projection theater to the next door neighbor couple a few weeks ago, and they really enjoyed them both too!

And here you go, just for you, Blaize - my Last Exile copy... :)

lastexile3.jpg

nMvR67s.png

Haah ~ Even if I'm just fooling myself because I'll inescapably still be paying shipping later on, it's just such bliss to not see the notorious 11.5 on shipping for a change.
Too bad I got half of the list already from Funi US or I would have grabbed them, too.

And they've done it again, just like with Gurren Lagann and Full Metal Panic, this release is dirt cheap compared to the original release and looks so much better.

I never bought the CEs and was hoping for a standard blu-ray release. To get all 4 at once instead of waiting plus the nice artbox for £34.99 is a no brainier for me, sold :)

I think it'll be a case of do you like persona?
I've played 4 Golden and 5. I liked the characters from 4 mostly better than 5, but I liked the story in 5 a bit more.

I started 4 Golden the animation, but they seemed to cut most of the shadow world stuff and concentrated on the real world stuff which was extended versions of the cut scenes in the game, and as I had played it fairly recently I remembered it all. So I dropped it, for now.

Aaaaand ordered. I was hesitant at first, but once I saw that there was an artbox it was a matter of seconds. (Well minutes because of slowpoke reception hole.) I'm a total sucker for nice artboxes~

Join the club. Why must AL insist upon repeating this tactic?

Just to jump in and put this out there, it's not and never is a "tactic". We had no idea releasing a standard Blu-ray version of each may be something we could even do when we announced we'd be releasing the films over a year ago.

As I say in the blog post linked at the top of the listing (for anyone who hasn't seen it: Persona 3 Movies 1-4 standard Blu-ray releases coming 2018 – All the Anime ) it's worth pointing out that this is a bundle of four different releases that are coming out next year.

Persona 3 Movie #1 w/ Limited Art Box (SRP: £24.99)
Persons 3 Movie #2 (SRP: £19.99)
Persona 3 Movie #3 (SRP: £19.99)
Persona 3 Movie #4 (SRP: £19.99)

This bundle offer is the only way you'll be able to buy all four together. You'll have to buy them individually after. At the end of the day, it's literally four individual amarays and you can store them in a box. It doesn't come with Collector's packaging or any of the booklets included in the Collector's Ed. sets. Hence the term "standard edition" Blu-ray.

We're super proud of the Collector's Edition releases; they're the only English language releases outside of Japan - I'm not counting the Aniplex US versions which (as far as I'm aware) are the Japanese versions with English subs as an option on the discs. We worked our hardest to make a release of each film Persona fans and anime fans in general would be happy with at an affordable as possible price; and I feel we achieved that! (That's backed up by the fact two are now out-of-print and the final two are getting very close to that as well.)

Previously we could only release them each on Blu-ray as a Collector's Ed. sets. That wasn't a tactic, that's a fact. Now we have clearance to release these as standard Blu-ray sets. It's different rules for different titles as to if/when that can happen. For example, we know a whole bunch of people want us to release standard BDs of Sword Art Online II. We don't have clearance to do that and to be honest don't know if/when we will.

The standard BDs are not ever meant to come across as a dirt cheap "better" version of what the Collector's Ed. was; that's your personal perception of this. But if that's the way you feel, we can't change that.
The fact the Persona 3 movies have sold so well is a reason why we're able to bring the films out on standard Blu-rays now :)

I do want to add that we really appreciate each and every person who bought the Collector's edition versions of the Persona 3 Movies! Because without you guys the standard edition versions may not even have been possible :)

Back