UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Romeo and Anne are great! Not surprised you've seen them, the world masterpiece series was actually a thing that was shown on TV in other parts of Europe, you guys get all the good stuff :(
We didn't get Romeo though. (I think Italy got a VHS release?) Anne was pretty popular here in Germany, but it's only got released on dub-only DVDs and I'd rather want the original version with Yamada Eiko's voicing as Anne. (At least it's got a Japanese BD release by now. Though 320€ before shipping/customs is pricey.)

Oh a french release. How much good that will do the english speaking fans...
Hm. Incencitive to learn another language? =P
But it's not like English-only speaking folks have absolutely no alternative given NISA's release.

Nay, if we're on that oldies ship, I want an Akage no Anne!
(And an Romeo no Aoi Sory for stretching things.)
Would prefer that vastly over CCS too, France is releasing it January, I can have my fill there.

Oh I would most definitely be down for Anne! Just think that Conan is the more easily marketable, hence why it is my go-to request. Once Conan is released I'll start lobbying hard for Anne. And Marco. And Heidi!

Id rather they rescue Last Exile which for some unknown reason has never had a BD release in the west.

Manga Entertainment have the rights to that title and re-released it on DVD in 2013. I don't envisage it being a title that would look great on Blu-ray given the era it was produced in, mind you!

Manga Entertainment have the rights to that title and re-released it on DVD in 2013. I don't envisage it being a title that would look great on Blu-ray given the era it was produced in, mind you!

The JPN BD (which has the English dub) looks practically the same as the DVD just with cleaner borders for the image. It's on par with say Scrapped Princess on Blu Ray or Eureka Seven. I would totally buy it because I love the show and a nice deluxe set for the series is certainly something I would buy. I've been hoping Funimation might do a BD for awhile.

Oh great, my workplace's firewall has classified AL's whole domain as insecure and I can't access it and am sitting in a as-good-as-no-reception hole here. ._.
So have to either bide my time until evening at home or go out into the cold... Is there any first come first serve quantity restriction there like the Yuasa bundle has so that I should better hurry?

Id rather they rescue Last Exile which for some unknown reason has never had a BD release in the west.
English territory. The west is not quite accurate as France has it on BD. =P But so far it's only there in a both season combo and I already have the Funi Box for S2. =/
(And the French dub has chosen a male dub for a certain tomboy soldier girl, which is fine for 2/3 into the show and becomes hilarious in the end.)

Back