UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And the mixed results of “what to watch between series and movies for OG Gundam” continues 😂

I googled it and got a mixed feeling with a slight leaning on the series
Oh for a newb I'd say the Gundam 79 movies every time. They did us no harm when the tv version wasn't available - they cut a lot of filler, the animation is generally better, and if you love them you get to watch it all again with the tv version.

Not sure how much better 4k will make them, tbh, might be worth grabbing the blu before you throw down a hundred quid.

Is anyone else a little disappointed with the Makoto Shinkai Anthology set that is releasing next week? I was ready to triple dip on it (I have both the regular and steelbook Blu-rays) but after seeing it only comes with a poster I won't be getting it.

I would have liked to have seen an art book and some art cards like most of the other collectors editions come with and I would especially have loved to have seen She and Her Cat: Everything Flows (I know Shinkai wasn't really involved with it but I'm a completionist!) and Suzame included, but this just seems extremely bare bones.

On a more positive note I did manage to find the Voices of a Distant Star/The Place Promised in our early Days collectors edition Blu-ray set this weekend for a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Is anyone else a little disappointed with the Makoto Shinkai Anthology set that is releasing next week? I was ready to triple dip on it (I have both the regular and steelbook Blu-rays) but after seeing it only comes with a poster I won't be getting it.

I would have liked to have seen an art book and some art cards like most of the other collectors editions come with and I would especially have loved to have seen She and Her Cat: Everything Flows (I know Shinkai wasn't really involved with it but I'm a completionist!) and Suzame included, but this just seems extremely bare bones.

On a more positive note I did manage to find the Voices of a Distant Star/The Place Promised in our early Days collectors edition Blu-ray set this weekend for a very reasonable price.

I think it's a super convenient set to get if you don't have any of Shinkai's films already. However, if you already own the films in any of their various forms, then I don't see much point in it. Most hardcore Shinkai fans will have already collected the steelbooks, collector's editions, and/or standard editions of his work.

I can see this anthology set being an economical way for newer fans to get the bulk of his work in one simple package though. Plus, there will always be some people who double or triple dip for it.

It's a shame there's no bells or whistles to the set other than some nice cases. I would like to see more creative additions aside from the usual artbooks and art cards though - I loved what they did with Josee, the Tiger and the Fish; e.g. the booklet replicating the children's book that was in the film and the map of Osaka. Even the little journal style booklet with the recent A Place Further than the Universe set was really well done and something different. For example, with 5CMPS, maybe they could have housed some art cards in an envelope in the style that is seen in the film. Or maybe a train map of the journey that Takaki went on to meet Akari.

There's probably legal stuff that we're not privy too which means they can't produce stuff like that for every set but I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

You are definitely right, it is for sure aimed at people who don't already own his films. For those people it is a great set so at least it will do some good.

I love your ideas for different kinds of extras. I agree with the Josee, the Tiger and the Fish book, it was a brilliant suprise to find Josee's book inside and I love maps in the style of the one included in the set. The 5 Centimeters per Second idea is brilliant, you could have Takaki art cards in his envelope and Akari's in hers, the train map would also be fantastic. I really like when they put the art cards etc in interesting packaging like the Violet Evergarden and Eden of the East collectors editions, they use your idea of envelopes from the story to house them.

Looks like this weeks EB is the Sakura Quest OST on vinyl.

Looks like this weeks EB is the Sakura Quest OST on vinyl.

So much for Castlevania coming soon. 😮‍💨

Got my copy of gundam build fighters try part 2, so naturally the only thing to say is...........................................WHEN AND WHAT'S THE NEXT GUNDAM SERIES! In all seriousness @Hanners will anime limited have a panel at mcm next week?

Back