The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Does anyone know of places that sell Studio Ghibli films at both a good price and easily available

UP1 - Some not available, can only order titles that are in-stock without an account
Anime-On-Line - about £5 more expensive P/BR
Amazon - Total mess, links to DVD's rather than Bluray, Doesn't include Pom Poko at all from what I can see... Avoiding

As most of you will point out, I have an UP1 account, so this shouldn't be an issue for me, and it isn't. But I'm making a list for Cheap Stuff I would like for Bday/Christmas and I would rather they spend at most £15
If you have a HMV near you that might be a place to look as they usually have deals on Ghibli films.

Just wondering, was it When Marnie was there that had a borked Bluray? I have the JP release so I'm guessing that was the one

Yes, When Marnie was There had the badly authored disc that tried killing Blu-ray players. I got mine from Zavvi, tried to send it back for a refund, they insisted on replacing it with a reauthored disc instead. Crappy and great customer service all rolled into one.

Just wondering, was it When Marnie was there that had a borked Bluray? I have the JP release so I'm guessing that was the one
I brought mine in HMV about a month ago, after I heard about this problem the other day I gave it a try in my PS4 (I had only watched the extras cos I watched Marnie on Film 4 recently) and it seemed fine, so I assume that any copy brought new nowadays is a re-authored version.

Cool, I'll add it to the bottom of the list with some sort of /Not really important/ type comment then

Can't imagine it will be any different than the JP Bluray but would be nice for them to be in similar cases and my JP case is kinda crunched :'(

I brought mine in HMV about a month ago, after I heard about this problem the other day I gave it a try in my PS4 (I had only watched the extras cos I watched Marnie on Film 4 recently) and it seemed fine, so I assume that any copy brought new nowadays is a re-authored version.
Yep, retail copies were recalled.

It's because your post count is increasing, dude. :)

You get a new ranking every 100 posts.
That's pretty cool, kudos to whoever came up with it.

I don't suppose the person with the highest number of post gets the title Hokage, if so then they better watch there back because I'm coming for them

Back in the dim and distant past, I used to use an Evangelion fan forum called Evageeks. My ranking never climbed beyond the starting point of 'Embryo' before I gave up with it — after only 30-odd posts!

True story.

You have to be a survivor to even get into the post-count top ten... from what I can see only four of us (Grav, Rena, myself and Rui) are active users and two of those members are staff! I'm still trailing people who haven't posted in years.

Pretty sure it's every 100 up to 1000, then it's every 500.

Ah, good to know - I can't post fast enough trying to get out of being a 56 year old completely average high school student. o_O Although, maybe I should be more afraid of what title I get next, lol...

Is there a list of titles posted somewhere?

Last edited:
Is there a list of titles posted somewhere?

Second-to-last post in this thread (because I realise I don't know how to link individual posts any more) is a fairly accurate guide I think. Though I think that was compiled from individuals' post counts and titles, so the numbers are off. The actual increments are rounded off and make more sense.

Back