Your viewing journal

Blue Archive The Animation episode 9 Glad.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc episode 4 I’m Tanji(rou), Fly Me.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 8 Those same words.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 9 Lifespan.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 9 Welcome home.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 20 Into the depths.

One Piece episode 1107 A familiar face.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 9 Difficult decisions.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 33 Running out of options.

RAINBOW episodes 16-26 (Complete. This was a gritty series that had its ups and downs from a storytelling perspective but offered something different overall.) 3.5/5

Real Girl
episodes 1-4

As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Episode 9

Blue Archive The Animation Episode 9

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc Episode 4

Mission: Yozakura Family Episode 9

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 Episode 44

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 Episode 33

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 eps 9-15 (dub)
Seems this arc is just about having a load of different fights, suppose that's more imaginative than a tournament arc or one fight over a gazillion episodes.

My Oni Girl (dub) (complete)
A loner boy who tries to fit in but can't because the other kids take advantage of his attempts meets a girl on a quest to find her mother. He ends up joining her and discovers what he's been lacking.
Whilst their individual arcs are OK the story that drives them has a bit of a confusing ending (Oni are being "attacked" by the Gods that normally protect them even though the girls mother took part in some sort of ritual, but the daughter "rescues" her and even though the village leader says they'll be exposed the boy can't get back to the village) and the romance ends on a possibly maybe unseen confession!
It's Studio Colorido, so the art and animation is very nice.
7/10

The Iceblade Sorcerer shall rule the World
Episodes 1-3
Overpowered ✓
Keeping it a secret ✓
Meeting girls ✓

Of course, there's a boy who doesn't like him.
There's a conspiracy starting.
And I'm liking the comedy.

Oh yes, I forgot. Some hunky men in Speedo's.

Last edited:
The Iceblade Sorcerer shall rule the World
Episodes 1-3
Overpowered ✓
Keeping it a secret ✓
Meeting girls ✓

Of course, there's a boy who doesn't like him.
There's a conspiracy starting.
And I'm liking the comedy.

Oh yes, I forgot. Some hunky men in Speedo's.

Lol, quite the hunky men in Speedo's! I think it's funny how the MC can even hide his muscles until he rips off his clothing - where did all that extra size come from all of a sudden, Haha?! Anyway, I really enjoyed Iceblade Sorcerer, and actually just received Crunchroll's Blu-ray for the series in the mail a couple days ago. 😀

Sound! Euphonium Season 1 (and episode 14/OVA)

I decided to start this series after picking up Liz and Blue Bird thanks to all the recommendations on the forum. Oh, and needing something chill after all of the Dororo violence 🤣

At first the series didn’t really hit me. I think the MC being weird around Middle School Trumpet Girl was a bit too melodramatic anime cheese. However, I know the series is loved so I stuck with it and I think it settled into a nice chill series. I know I really enjoyed it by the end as I finished it in two evenings.

Also, some of the subtitles out of context were comedy gold… a few of my friends may have got a barrage of them on WhatsApp. I think my GF thinks I’ve been watching school girl hentai 🤣 quite a lot of blowing and fingering in this series it seems 😵

IMG_9130.jpeg

Gods’ Games we Play episode 10 The one.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 10 Personality.

Train to the End of the World episode 10 Transform.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 34 Barrier.

Real Girl episodes 5-16

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episode 9

Gods' Game We Play Episode 10

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability Episode 10

Re:Monster Episode 10

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 10

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases Episode 11

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 34

Lol, quite the hunky men in Speedo's! I think it's funny how the MC can even hide his muscles until he rips off his clothing - where did all that extra size come from all of a sudden, Haha?! Anyway, I really enjoyed Iceblade Sorcerer, and actually just received Crunchroll's Blu-ray for the series in the mail a couple days ago. 😀
Yeah, clever choice of clothes.
Half reminded me a scene in Cobra the Animation where Cobra is about to fight a guy. Takes his top off and everyone is ooh he's so ripped and buff.
He wears a SKIN TIGHT t-shirt.

Konosuba 3: Dream Warriors ep8

I think this was the best of this run so far - it would hardly change your mind if you don’t already like the series, but it crams in everything that I think is good about it, and it just works.

Bubblegum Crisis 2040 ep5-6

There’s some aggressively 1998 typography going on with those title cards.

IMG_5567.png

graphic design is my prison

Anyway, it comes as no surprise to me to realise that Chiaki J. Konaka is one of the main scriptwriters for the series, it certainly shows the themes and tics you see across his work, even if the conspiracy theorising and casual sadism were already present in the earlier AD Police OVA. Unfortunately, I’m not convinced he was the best pick for this show- it feels like the producers probably wanted a more action-oriented series, not something so introspective where awkward social situations feel like a greater source of tension than a splashy fight with a mad robot.

Reading other peoples’ comments on the series, it surprised me to see that opinions on 2040 seem very divided. I can kind of see the appeal here, but at the same time, it‘s been a halting and stodgy experience so far, and I’m not sure there’s much to recommend it over the various other sci-fi and action shows of the era (something something Stand Alone Complex).

I’ll likely give it until the halfway point at least,

Stardust Telepath ep 6
Exhibition.

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 eps 16-20 (dub)
More fights! A 2 parter and a 3 parter. The 2 parter ended in a stupidly dumb flashy OTT fight and the 3 parter was one of those fights split over many episodes (and it hasn't actually finished yet!), although to be fair it's a fight where the good guys tag team in and out.

Oblivion Battery episode 8 Cruel training.

Rinkai! episode 9 Lacking motivation.

Real Girl episodes 17-24 (Complete. Romance anime tend to work better for me if I enjoy the lead characters involved and here it was a mixed bag for me, as were the supporting cast, though the series was an okay watch overall.) 3/5

Reincarnated as a Sword
episodes 1-6

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva (English) - Movie (Complete) (re-watch)

This was a nostalgia trip and still enjoyed it a lot from when I was younger. The inspector character in this movie feels quite Zenigata coded which I enjoyed.

I could be completely wrong but I felt there was supposed to be a second anime movie for Professor Layton which never came to be which is a shame if so, again though I could be completely wrong. I know there was a TV anime series based off of the game focused on Layton's daughter at the very least. Not entirely sure if that was an original story like Eternal Diva or if it adapted the game or a mix of both.

Back