Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket: The Final episode 61 Invincible.

Let's Make a Mug Too episode 11 Competition.

MARS RED episode 11 State of emergency.

ODDTAXI episode 11 Sunk.

To Your Eternity episode 10 Drunk determination.

Back to the Future (Film)

Crest of the Stars
episodes 11-13 (Complete. A solid Sci-fi series that sets up a bigger storyline which carries on in Banner, which I’ll get around to watching eventually.) 3.5/5

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved And Took In A High School Runaway-god, what a mouthfull! Any way-not my usual cup of scotch but a really good show about teenage angst but the last episode was starting to get quite cliched. I really hope it comes to a believable conclusion in the last episode.

Cyber City Oedo 808 - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Man, I absolutely love this OVA and still enjoy it as much now as when I first saw it in the mid 90s on VHS. AL's transfer looks fantastic as well.

SSSS. Dynazenon - Episode 11

An introspective character episode that was extremely well executed imho.

Thunderbolt Fantasy: Sword Seekers 3 - Episode 11

There are a lot of moving pieces in this series of Thunderbolt Fantasy and this episode felt like it was getting them into position for an explosive finale.

Future Police Urashiman - Episodes 21 - 27

Despite my earlier reservations 4 of the last 8 episodes have been really good. These episodes have opened up the wider world in Urashiman rather than deliver the usual hi-jinks japes of the 'Saturday Morning' episodes. Episode 27 had a great story and some fantastic animation in it and has reinvigorated my interest in the series immensely.

Cleopatra (Film) Another Animerama feature from director Osamu Tezuka. This had some interesting art styles and techniques throughout and I slightly preferred it over 1001 Nights though these films are overall more curiosities to me than enjoyable anime. 2.5/5

I've only seen Cleopatra off the Animerama films so far (although I have all 3 on BD), I enjoyed it for the most part but I agree it did feel like an experimental curiosity than anything else.

Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Decent film. Excellent opening showing the horror of war from a panicked civilian's point of view. Put more thoughts in The Gundam Thread.

I've seen F91 lots of times and actually really like it a lot. It's flawed for understandable reasons but it looks stunning (Blu-ray was made to highlight animation like this) and I go back to it regularly.

Combat Mecha Xabungle episodes 32-50 & Film (skimmed through as was mainly recap) (Complete. A mixed bag overall both in terms of characters and story, though some of the mecha battles were solid. The narrative had its moments but could be tedious, especially with certain character developments.) 2.5/5

I've seen Xabungle twice and agree it's a mixed bag and that it can get tedious a times but on the whole I thought it was a lot of fun and I would watch it again in the future plus it has an interesting position in Sunrise's history.

Joran: The Princess of Snow and Blood episode 12 Final fight. (Complete. Some good ideas and visuals but the story execution wasn’t as strong overall.) 3/5

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
episode 11 Slimy threat.

The Slime Diaries episode 11 More Christmas fun (in June).

Cuticle Detective Inaba episodes 1-12 (Complete. A humorous comedy series with supernatural theming throughout.) 3.5/5

Fruits Basket: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 61 Invincible.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 35

Monster Girl Doctor (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 (Complete)

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Episode 11 Slimy situation.

The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 11 Christmas in June part 2.

Super Cub ep 11
Wishing your time away.
With Koguma being so awkward and matter-of-fact the rescue at the beginning came off as weird and funny rather than dramatic and didn't seem particularly realistic which they seem to have been striving for up until now.

Full Dive: The Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Sh*ttier than Real Life! episode 11 City Hunter.

Hetalia World★Stars episode 12 Ritual (Complete. An alright season overall with more character focused episodes.) 3/5

Super Cub
episode 11 Escaping winter.

Cyber City Oedo 808 OVAs 1-3 (Complete. A fun and stylish early 90s Sci-fi outing with a solid OST.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! Episode 11

Godzilla: Singular Point Episode 13 (Complete)

Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose Episode 10

Super Cub Episode 11

Zombieland Saga: Revenge episode 11 Rubble.

Demon City Shinjuku OVA Not quite as enjoyable as some other OVAs I’ve seen from the era but overall a decent watch. 3/5

Demon King Daimao
episodes 1-6

Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
MEGALOBOX 2: NOMAD (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10

Cells at Work!! 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 8 (Complete)

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 17

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 6

The Quintessential Quintuplets II (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 11 True feelings.

So I'm a Spider, So What? Episode 23 Indomitable.

SSSS.DYNAZENON Episode 12 A climactic finale. (Complete. A decent entry into the Gridman / Dynazenon franchise and an improvement upon the rather disappointing Gridman series. Despite the similar premise and a more likeable cast, this for me was executed better. Overall this was a fun outing and I'll definitely be looking forward to checking out the next instalment.) 3.5/5

Zombieland Saga: Revenge Episode 11 Debris.

Back Arrow episode 24 To the stars. (Complete. An entertaining sci-fi romp which kept me mostly entertained across two cours, with the odd episode here and there which didn’t impress.) 3.5/5

Blue Reflection Ray
episode 11 Fragments.

Burning Kabaddi episode 12 (complete. An overall decent but unremarkable sports anime.) 3/5

So I'm a Spider, So What?
episode 23 Faces.

SSSS.DYNAZENON episode 12 Conclusion. (Complete. After Gridman left me with mixed feelings I’m glad this series left me more satisfied overall.) 3.5/5

The World Ends with You The Animation
episode 11 Egoists.

Those Snow White Notes episode 12 Sour note. (Complete. This was a series that though built on a good premise felt like a set up to a second season we don’t have a guarantee of getting. This was felt especially with the finale.) 3/5

Demon King Daimao
episodes 7-12 (Complete. Whilst there was some fun to be had with this series the latter half felt a bit lacking towards the conclusion and could have used a few more episodes.) 3/5

Devilman
OVAs 1-2 (Complete. Having only seen the more recent Crybaby adaptation I was curious to see what these OVAs had to offer. The first OVA offered some nice set up whilst the second had several more brutal fights on display. Discotek provided another solid BD release here as well.) 3.5/5, 3/5

E4PjFYPXIAQ2BeT

86 EIGHTY-SIX (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-11 (Completed)
My Hero Academia Season 5 (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 [101]
ODDTAXI (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6

Back