Your viewing journal

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun - Episodes 3 - 9

Really loving this show so far. My only complaint is not actually to do with the show. I've had to watch CR's version from episode 6 onward and the video quality is pretty bad. It's very obviously interlaced, and is also appears to be encoded at 30fps instead of 24, so during pan shots there's some annoying judder/stutter.

Terror in Resonance - Episode 11 [Final]

A suitably dramatic ending and overall probably the best of the recent season's shows (along with Knights of Sidonia) despite a few mis-steps but I am two minds about it; I can't help but feel there was more than 11 episode's of story here yet at the same time the short time did keep it quite pacy :?

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - Episodes 10 - 12 (END)

I'm disappoint that Seo didn't get more screen time. I loved watching each and every episode regardless. Second Season please!

Ep 11 of Sengoku Basara: Judge End
Ep 11 of Barakamon
Ep 13 of Free! -Eternal Summer- (end)...such a perfect ending after all the heartbreak throughout the series.

Bodacious Space Pirates 1-10

Oh man, this must rank amongst the most boring things I have ever seen. I didn't think it was possible to make a show about short-skirted schoolgirls in space boring, but thanks to a combination of zero worthwhile characters (Marika is the only one with any development, and she's an invincible superwoman right off the bat), battles that play out on screens, and endless space-nerd technobabble, Bodacious Space Pirates manages to pull it off. It's so unengaging that I need Wiki episode synopses to help me understand what's happening. Until then I had no idea why the loli princess is travelling on the Bentenmaru, nor what this Ghost Ship business is all about. I can't focus. SO BORED.

The blandness of the story and characters is neatly matched by the blandness of the visuals. Dull designs, no animation, off-model characters all over the place, uninteresting direction, and just a generally flat, no-frills look. Meh.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Oh man, this must rank amongst the most boring things I have ever seen. I didn't think it was possible to make a show about short-skirted schoolgirls in space boring, but thanks to a combination of zero worthwhile characters (Marika is the only one with any development, and she's an invincible superwoman right off the bat), battles that play out on screens, and endless space-nerd technobabble, Bodacious Space Pirates manages to pull it off. It's so unengaging that I need Wiki episode synopses to help me understand what's happening. Until then I had no idea why the loli princess is travelling on the Bentenmaru, nor what this Ghost Ship business is all about. I can't focus. SO BORED.

The blandness of the story and characters is neatly matched by the blandness of the visuals. Dull designs, no animation, off-model characters all over the place, uninteresting direction, and just a generally flat, no-frills look. Meh.
Haha couldn't agree more. Surprised you made it too episode 10 I struggled to get through episode two I was that bored.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Agreed - it's a properly dense show; it bored me too. Thematically, there's some interesting things it tries to do, and the first ep actually sets things up to be rather promising - but the rest of the show never delivers. The characters are flat as boards, and it essentially just ends up as a bad anime take on Star Trek with moe girls sprinkled in for good measure.

I'm quite surprised that people agree with me about something! What a strange feeling.

Kurz Weber said:
Haha couldn't agree more. Surprised you made it too episode 10 I struggled to get through episode two I was that bored.
You mean you quit before the back-to-back episodes of schoolgirls sitting in front of computer screens and typing on FUTURE KEYBOARDS as they engaged in "electronic warfare" against an unseen enemy while throwing technical jargon about? Lucky you.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm quite surprised that people agree with me about something! What a strange feeling.

Kurz Weber said:
You mean you quit before the back-to-back episodes of schoolgirls sitting in front of computer screens and typing on FUTURE KEYBOARDS as they engaged in "electronic warfare" against an unseen enemy while throwing technical jargon about? Lucky you.
Hahahaha WOWWWWW i'm glad I did.

Zankyou no Terror [Terror in Resonance] (Japanese Dub) - Episode 11 (Complete)

That felt dramatic.

Overall I loved the show and all of it, I'll probably give it a near perfect rating (9/10).

Back