Your viewing journal

Terra Formars (Japanese Dub) - Episode 01

Not bad in comparison to the OVA version. They did skip a chapter or two since that was a backstory for the two guys and girl who lived in Mexico but it's possible for that to comeback sometime later in the anime. Overall they covered half of a volume which is fine by me and they did the first chapter perfectly (the anime is censored unfortunately). Next episode will be madness.

UPDATE - Here's what is missing from the anime (potential manga spoilers):
- 85% of Chapter 2 which covers the story to how Alex, Marcos and Sheila lived prior to volunteering for the surgery
- 75% of Chapter 3; Shokichi supports Sheila about the surgery and makes fun out of Adolf, the whole group eating together and explaining how they're trying to populate Mars and introduction to Sylvester Asimov [the guy with the beard and cigar].
- 50% of Chapter 4; Sylester & two others discussing stuff and a meeting that explains the situation about Mars (this scene was parallel with Michelle doing the same thing for the new group throughout the manga, not at the same moment in time just two different scenes)
- 95% of Chapter 5; Akari making friends with a patient and the gang about to go to the space shuttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboy Bebop ep 1-2 (rewatch). This anime is a real class act and fully deserves it's legendary status. I started rewatching to decide if I need to replace any of the discs, and although I noticed the problem in ep 2 it's so minor that I'll let it slide.

Free! s2 ep 13 (complete).

Terror in Resonance ep 11 (complete). Got better as it went along, fantastic last few episodes.

Persona 4: The Golden Animation - Episode 12 (END)

I don't honestly know how I've kept up with this for the past 12 weeks. It's obviously been a budget project to capitalise further on the success of Persona 4.
Whilst It'll no doubt print money for the production committee, it somehow ended up being worse than the already mediocre Persona 4 The Animation, both story/event wise and QUALITY wise.
At least the ending song was good I suppose...

Terra Formars ep1

Having not seen the OAV or read the manga this was a bit rubbish, to be honest. I don't think I'll continue watching. The extra background stories mentioned by NormanicGrav above would probably have helped the characters not seem like a bunch of soulless husks.

Terror in Resonance ep11

I had part of this episode spoiled on Twitter yesterday when the other English-speaking regions got it but it was still a good watch. There were some frustrating moments in the middle of the series but the final two episodes brought everything together reasonably satisfyingly, so I'm happy.

R

Accel world 1-8

Nothing special but pretty entertaining so far. Hate the main characters design. Why does he have to be so ridiculously short. Is he supposed to be a dwarf? He comes up to the waistof almost everyone else his age. Couldn't they have had him normal height and fat. He just looks ridiculous.

britguy said:
Accel world 1-8

Nothing special but pretty entertaining so far. Hate the main characters design. Why does he have to be so ridiculously short. Is he supposed to be a dwarf? He comes up to the waistof almost everyone else his age. Couldn't they have had him normal height and fat. He just looks ridiculous.

I remember reading something that said he looks that way because it's how he sees himself with his low confidence and all, he doesn't resemble the design to anyone else bar himself and the viewer. If that's canon, I'm not sure, could've been a fan speculating but I like the explanation, makes the design not bother me as much as I really dislike it too.

Sword Art Online II (Japanese Dub) - Episode 13

That guy's face just cracks me up and for that I can't take him seriously haha (on a more serious note I'm glad Kazuto stepped in to prevent another rape).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sword Art Online II - Episode 13
Akame Ga Kill - Episode 12
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei (Engaged to the Unidentified) - Episodes 1 - 6

Having really enjoyed Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun I thought I'd give Mikakunin a go, seeing as it's animated by the same studio and I tend to see a lot of talk/reaction images from the show.
Needless to say it's not disappointed so far, and like Nozaki-kun I'm really enjoying it.

Back