Your viewing journal

Barakamon ep 12 (complete). So good, my favourite anime of this season.

Barakamon: Mijikamon ep 1-12. Fantastic little chibi specials on the Barakamon Youtube channel.

Fate/Zero s2 ep 3-4.

Taisei Corporation CM: Vietnam Noi Bai Airport. The fourth commercial for Taisei Corp directed by Mokoto Shinkai, only 30 seconds.

The couple eps of Tokyo Resonance:

They were dece. Definitely better than the few eps in the middle of the series, so it wasn't a total flop, still didn't think it was fantastic by any means though. And all this cack handed super duper drama has just made me appreciate glasslip even more, if that was possible at this point.

Why did the Americans shoot the guy not holding the detonator first at the end there :lol: Ah of course, to further maximize the super duper drama meter of course!

NormanicGrav said:
Sword Art Online II (Japanese Dub) - Episode 13

That guy's face just cracks me up and for that I can't take him seriously haha (on a more serious note I'm glad Kazuto stepped in to prevent another rape).

Likewise - I couldn't help myself from cracking up. ASADA-SAN! ASADA-SAN!!!

This being SAO, there had to be another rapey episode, didn't there? In all seriousness though, I think this was probably one of the best episodes of the series so far - they did that twist deliciously well, and the final show down with Death Gun was brilliant. Loved the new mix of the classc SAO theme music that they brought back in for it.

Also, it it just me, but how pissed is Asuna gonna be seeing Kirito so close with Sinon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lutga said:
Also, it it just me, but how pissed is Asuna gonna be seeing Kirito so close with Sinon?
She's probably fine with it judging by the way he's treated the other girls.

Meanwhile..
Forgot to mention about this scene here, not sure if appropriate given the fact they 'happily committed suicide', Sinon is cute though:
tumblr_nckiy2E3Qf1s8g65go1_500.gif

So... I wonder how the BBFC is going to react this time.

Haha, yes, that scene was brilliant. The cheesy smiles on their faces as they did it just made it complete.

It's not quite on the levels of the rape scene in Valvrave - but yeah, an 18 rating wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Lutga said:
Haha, yes, that scene was brilliant. The cheesy smiles on their faces as they did it just made it complete.

It's not quite on the levels of the rape scene in Valvrave - but yeah, an 18 rating wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Indeed (also found a gif for that meme - I guess people can use it to show how Aniplex gets their products to their customers).

a17829dba9.gif

Space Dandy 2 - Episode 13 (Dub)

I have no idea what on earth I just watched. Apparently it's over though. It doesn't feel like it.
"May be continued?" I can't see it with how it's sales are.

Lawrence said:
---

Having watched the episode in question, I'm now wondering why every villain in this series seems to be a sociopath of some kind? It doesn't feel far removed from writing evil characters for the sake of being evil. You know, sometimes it's more exciting when the antagonist is a well rounded member of society with a differing/misguided ideologies from the protagonists rather than rape because rape is undesirable by society's standards and thus makes the protagonist appear virtuous by comparison, not that Kirito has any flaws of which to speak anyway.

I think my issue with it is that it's clearly writing to a formula. It's like, 'main baddie is a rapist! (again!) SO EVIL!', painting it broad brush strokes to inform us - as viewers - that we must absolutely detest this character, whilst simultaneously playing off that sexual element, as so many anime do these days. Just like with the main villain of the fairy dance arc, it's like 'Oh, we know what'll spice this up a bit - a little rape!'

I suppose the whole point of SAO is that it is supposed to be about that battle between absolute good (Kirito) and absolute evil - with no grey in between. But when the villains are essentially just tools to enact crimes (murder, rape etc.) then whilst we might enjoy them getting their comeuppance, we don't *feel* it as we would with a more morally grey character.

SAO II episode 13

Honestly, this episode was uncomfortable to watch.

Another rapist? SAO sure loves rapists.

Jormungand Perfect Order 6-12

Thus completes my rewatch of my number one series of 2012. Still absolutely brilliant. I personally think the ending is perfect for the series, but I can understand why others have found it unsatisfying.

Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no...

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1-3

New season looks downright uninspiring, so I'll be doing a lot of rewatching instead, starting with my biggest surprise of 2013. Hikigaya is one of my all-time favourite leads. On first watch this suddenly clicked for me in episode 5, but upon rewatching the quality was there from the beginning.

Ghost in the Shell ARISE - Borders 3 & 4
Logicoma Days - 3 & 4

The third and forth films are much stronger than the first two, and left me much more satisfied overall after watching. The ending wasn't the strongest part though as It felt like It did at the end of the previous three - like there should be another film to follow. The disc for the forth film also has these weird unsubbed live action things that are a bit trippy.

Back