Your viewing journal

20thCenturyBoy said:
Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 5

This anime is anime of the season. This episode shot it far ahead of Sword Art Online so far...it was magnificent. Unbelievably emotional, unbelievably cruel...but magnificent. I actually have tears in my eyes despite Iori not dying, thank goodness.

I can honestly say that I was 100% expecting Taichi to die in Iori's body but the result that happened just highlights Heartseed's cruelty.

^This. Loving this show, and the thing is I have absolutely no idea where it's going to go next!
That's the thing. With episodes 1-2, I thought it was just going to be a typical slice of life anime with a slight twist, but from episode 3 onwards it's been awesome. With this latest episode, I was literally sat biting my finger thinking "Oh f---, oh f---, oh f---".

I'm tempted to call it the Madoka Magica of Slice of Life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday I finished the last half of 'Another'. Was pretty good really.
Watched Paprika that night, great movie.
Saturday morning I watched 'Another 0-kan'. A good OVA to watch.
Nothing else on Saturday.
Today I am starting 'Umineko no Naku Koro ni'.

Since I downloaded the Crunchyroll App on my PS3, I decided to watch the first Yuru Yuri episode that was on there.

It wasn't all terrible - but it was as I expected. It is yuri purely aimed for male otaku who like moe drawn girls to bathe each other, giggle and molest each other for no apparent reason. I really don't get the 'moe' cute trend at all.

On the other end of the spectrum, I decided to try a yaoi anime in the form of Junjo Romantica (as I now have Netflix). Not really my cup of tea, ticks all the cliche yaoi boxes - from the rock opening to the Uke/Seme elements and again, random molestation!

There may be slight bias as I am a yuri fan rather than a yaoi one - nevertheless, I couldn't recommend either anime based on the first episode. Yuru Yuri is exactly what I don't want in a yuri anime and Junjo Romantica is just typical yaoi fangirl fodder. All style and no substance.

Just finished my Needless Marathon. Pretty damn good, even if Sentai releases are always expensive.

Just a shame that the rest of ther manga won't be adapted, but i suppose it broke at a decent place as any.

In any case a solid 8 out of 10 from me :)

Humanity Has Declined 6

Wait, did Voyager and Pioneer couldn't return to space due to the generator being destroyed by the main character, but their batteries are now being used to supply electricity to the village? What was the point in that? xD

Joshawott said:
Humanity Has Declined 6

Wait, did Voyager and Pioneer couldn't return to space due to the generator being destroyed by the main character, but their batteries are now being used to supply electricity to the village? What was the point in that? xD

I've just seen the episode and I'm not as to the answer either.

Also watched Sword Art Online Episode 5 and Dog Days' Episode 5.

Joshawott said:
Humanity Has Declined 6

I was under the impression that the pedals were to charge up Voyager and Pioneer's batteries, rather than actually powering the village. I could be totally wrong though.

VoxPhantom said:
Joshawott said:
Humanity Has Declined 6

I was under the impression that the pedals were to charge up Voyager and Pioneer's batteries, rather than actually powering the village. I could be totally wrong though.
I'll have to rewatch as I could be wrong too...either way, I'm really confused and neither conclusion would surprise me considering how erm...twisted the main character can be xD

Humanity has Declined ep 6

Fairy Tail ep 22. Only a couple of episodes left in part 2, and so far this set has been really, really enjoyable. Series has gone up a notch compared to the first 13 episodes.

VoxPhantom said:
Fairy Tail ep 22. Only a couple of episodes left in part 2, and so far this set has been really, really enjoyable. Series has gone up a notch compared to the first 13 episodes.

Indeed it does. I've just finished re-watching Part 1 and going to start re-watching 2 tomorrow and there's a definite jump in quality between the two, the Galuna Island arc being where things pick up as that progresses. In saying all that I've found Part 1 to be a bit better second time around, I enjoyed it first time but even more so this time, overlooking certain flaws as I was already aware of them and getting more laughs from the jokes.

Back