Your viewing journal

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - 7-10 .... .... .... WHY?! God dammit....Kamina =( That made me so sad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Caught the last 45 minutes or so of Ocean Waves on Film4. Enjoyable stuff, and always nice to see some older-style animation. Wish I'd caught the whole thing so the story made more sense.

ilmaestro said:
You know he's going to use that as his excuse now, right? :p

animefreak17 said:
i know everyone's told about the problem but i haven't seen it with my own eyes so im going to have a look at it
Spooky.

ilmaestro said:
Sword Art Online e.3 - I definitely see what Lawro was saying about the disjointed feel of moving on to side stories before the main thread is fully established. It's certainly weird to skip straight to something that doesn't include Asuna, this ep would almost have fit better as episode 2 in some ways (but overall would not have). Oh well, I guess I kind of expect Sachi to come back into it for a couple of episodes as the timeline moves back up, at least?
To say the series feels disjointed would be an understatement.

I quite like the feel Sword Art Online has had so far (I've seen up to episode 4), though I'm hungry for them to get back to showing Asuna and some of the meat of the story too. The side stories have helped establish some more of the game's mechanics (as well as Kirito's motivations), all of which I'm assuming will come into play later on. Since I'm completely fresh to the series and the game has some unusual quirks, it's appreciated.

However, if it wasn't for Asuna's presence on marketing material and in the credits I'd probably have assumed she was a throwaway side character by this point. Overall I'm still enjoying it much more than I'd expected to from reading the original descriptions.

R

Rui said:
I quite like the feel Sword Art Online has had so far... (as well as Kirito's motivations)
This is probably the main point I would credit them with in the way they've handled it, as far as "what was your motivation for picking these random chapters out". Having not read the LNs yet, I can't comment on whether this is required due to the nature of the rest of volume 1, though, wouldn't mind an opinion from someone who has read them specifically regarding this.

I also wonder exactly when (in real time) the short stories in volume 2 were written. SAO has a fairly weird real-life timeline due to its nature as a web novel evolved into a printed work, so I would also not be entirely surprised to hear that the "order" of the chapters was up for debate before the anime came along and decided to do what it has done.

animefreak17 said:
Iv just started watching armitage 3 poly matrix and it's the mealy the dame as the ovas, is this a retelling or what

Taken from Wikipedia,
The series began with the four-part original video animation Armitage III and spawned two movies. The first film is a shortened version of the OVA entitled Armitage III: Poly-Matrix, redubbed in English and it is presented like a remake.

mangaman74 said:
animefreak17 said:
Iv just started watching armitage 3 poly matrix and it's the mealy the dame as the ovas, is this a retelling or what

Taken from Wikipedia,
The series began with the four-part original video animation Armitage III and spawned two movies. The first film is a shortened version of the OVA entitled Armitage III: Poly-Matrix, redubbed in English and it is presented like a remake.

I really should look up wiki first before I ask,

Thanks mangaman

Back