Your viewing journal

Arbalest said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Hyouka eps 10-11

Uwah~ I thought that ten was a really good episode...And then eleven happend. This was another excellent end to an arc and again I really hope that's not the last we see of Irisu as she was becoming more and more interesting as we went along. It was really weird to see Houtarou really out of sorts and not actually himself. I was kind of surprised at the flak that he was taking from Mayaka and Satoshi. It seemed...Harsher then it needed to be, although maybe that's what he needed to be broken away from Irisu's spell. His anger was also very surprising considering how calm and energy-less we've seen him in the past.

It was such a fantastic arc to watch i found. Seeing a new side to Houtarou in it was pretty nice, and i found that this arc pretty much defined what Hyouka was about properly, and why i watch it.

ilmaestro said:
Yes, I didn't hate that we had to wait between arcs, but the anime-original episode in particular stood out like a sore thumb.

Agreed with you both, the anime only episode felt like a leap out of Hyouka's normal vein, whilst the interactions between Houtarou and Irisu felt like a step forward, especially character development wise. I must admit as well that I didn't take much notice of the words "Why didn't she ask EBA?" at the end of each episode, but how differently would it have gone had they asked her.

Hyouka ep 12

And this episode, despite not having a mystery, was entertaining in a lot of ways. We actually get a look (Kind of) at Houtarou's sister right at the very beginning, whilst clearly we're getting the start of some problems for Mayaka.

I think in a situation like that though I'd very much be like Chitanda and getting completely caught up in the spectacle of it all :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching panty and stocking

OMG this is sick, disgusting, hi hi puffy ami umi meet south park but 100 times more disgusting if I continue watching this my brains going to melt...............................where's the pop corn I'm so enjoying this

Megazone 23 Part 1

I last saw this about 15 years ago and while I still think it's a good OVA it isn't quite as good as I remembered it being, I found it a little disjointed and the ending was a bit weak.

Blue Meteor SPT Layzner - Episodes 19 - 20

Finished Highschool DXD & Watched the currently released specials ..yeah ..them specials ..hmm...yeah ... 0_o Shouldn't of expected any different XD

Dannielle said:
Finished Highschool DXD & Watched the currently released specials ..yeah ..them specials ..hmm...yeah ... 0_o Shouldn't of expected any different XD
I honestly thought the specials were pretty crap xD

Clannad Ep.21-22

I'm not even going to bother watching the OVAs, I just don't like this. It's been hard for me to believe this is a Key series because of how good the other series based on their games have been. This honestly just feels like a visual novel rather than an anime.

Can anyone tell me if it's worthwhile watching After Story or should I just cancel my pre-orders now?

Back to something I like at least after this, re-watching Fairy Tail part 1 and 2 before watching 3.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Ditto. Interesting movie, took me ages to start understanding what was going on. Ending was a bit of a mind-fudge though, and the romance thing between the girl (At-chan? I forget) and Tokita seemed completely out of the blue and corny.

If I ever spot this in a sale, I'll probably pick it up.

Paprika.

I can't believe it took me so long to watch this film. Without a doubt one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Definitely getting the blu-ray when my Jobseeker's goes in.

Joshawott said:
Paprika.

I can't believe it took me so long to watch this film. Without a doubt one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Definitely getting the blu-ray when my Jobseeker's goes in.

to be honest when i saw the cover at i thought it was going to be a mixture of random stuff......................... boy was i wrong its actually a good series

MercenaryRaiden said:
I must admit as well that I didn't take much notice of the words "Why didn't she ask EBA?" at the end of each episode, but how differently would it have gone had they asked her.
It's... interesting. I think people probably read too much into this, as it's the English language subtitle to the second volume (the same way that the first one was "You can't escape" and "The niece of time", and the third one is "Welcome to KANYA FESTA!", which all appear in the show the same as "Why didn't she ask EBA?") and is a play on words with the Christie novel "Why Didn't They Ask Evans?", but it looks so much more conspicuous than the others due to the way the story unfolds.

Also, I am all over Houtarou's sister, we had better get to meet her properly!

Joshawott said:
Dannielle said:
I honestly thought the specials were pretty crap xD

I was more disturbed by noodle rape than anything else ...

Kokoro Connect 5

This anime is anime of the season. This episode shot it far ahead of Sword Art Online so far...it was magnificent. Unbelievably emotional, unbelievably cruel...but magnificent. I actually have tears in my eyes despite Iori not dying, thank goodness.

I can honestly say that I was 100% expecting Taichi to die in Iori's body but the result that happened just highlights Heartseed's cruelty.

Joshawott said:
Kokoro Connect 5

This anime is anime of the season. This episode shot it far ahead of Sword Art Online so far...it was magnificent. Unbelievably emotional, unbelievably cruel...but magnificent. I actually have tears in my eyes despite Iori not dying, thank goodness.

I can honestly say that I was 100% expecting Taichi to die in Iori's body but the result that happened just highlights Heartseed's cruelty.

^This. Loving this show, and the thing is I have absolutely no idea where it's going to go next!

Back