Your viewing journal

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 1.

Been waiting for this to come out and it was a fantastic episode <3
Now the long wait for the next episode begins.

Acchi Kocchi is quite sweet in its inoffensive way. Certainly nothing earth shattering, but it seems a pleasant little show with incredibly cutesy artwork, if that's your thing.

ayase said:
"My toaster has come to life and appears to be a prepubescent girl who is actually a boy and is sexually obsessed with me, S2". Please Japan, MORE LIKE LUPIN.
Your argument would be more convincing if I didn't think you would somehow like MTHCTLAATBAPGWIAABAISOWM2 :p

ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
"My toaster has come to life and appears to be a prepubescent girl who is actually a boy and is sexually obsessed with me, S2". Please Japan, MORE LIKE LUPIN.
Your argument would be more convincing if I didn't think you would somehow like MTHCTLAATBAPGWIAABAISOWM2 :p
Make it an adult reverse trap and a hoover and you've got a winner.

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust - This had flown under my radar for a good while, so i went out and found it last night and gave it a good watch. I really enjoyed it actually, and that was with the dub track in play. The dub was pretty nice, though the only one that brought the quality down for it was leilas. The art and animation was fantastic though, it really does hold its ground even 12 years after its release. There is that vibe that most of the production was done int he 90s however, some of the sequences have that feeling to them, but it by no means takes away from the experience.

The other thing i didn't realise until after i had watched it was that it was produced with a western theatrical release as the primary, which would explain the better quality of dub, but still surprised me a little since i didn't realise that D was actually as popular as it was in the western market.

vampire hunter D was pretty big news when i was younger , it was the 1st piece of anime i or any of my mates had seen must have been over 20 years ago - god that makes me feel old .

i watched them both recently the original is really starting to show its age didnt enjoy it much , i thought bloodlust was excellent though alot better than i was expecting

ClanJapan said:
vampire hunter D was pretty big news when i was younger , it was the 1st piece of anime i or any of my mates had seen must have been over 20 years ago - god that makes me feel old .

i watched them both recently the original is really starting to show its age didnt enjoy it much , i thought bloodlust was excellent though alot better than i was expecting

and theres even a few scary scenes too, i haven't seen it for a while but if i recall it had a good story too.

Inu x Boku SS episodes 7 and 8.

Boring, boring, boring. As Josh said, this rom-com thing is killing the series. The pacing is so damn slow that watching an episode feels like a chore.

Watched the first two episodes of Eureka Seven, with the new series starting soon. Not sure if I'm going to rewatch all of it or just enough to jog the memory, but I still love that first ED.

ilmaestro said:
Hi Ath, I don't think I saw your intro thread if you made one, so (a slightly belated) welcome to the forums from me!
Thank you! :D

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1

Trippy visuals as expected from the Baka & Test team. I really liked the manga and I think Silver Link are a good fit. First episode didn't do much except introduce the cast and basic premise but as an established manga fan I'll keep on watching.

Space Brothers 2

Man I just love Mutta. Like him and many others I really wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid...but the closest I got was doing a cosmology module as part of my Physics degree :p In any case this show is great so far and I'll be rooting for Mutta to catch up with his younger brother!

Mirai Nikki 25

Nearly at the end now. I was having trouble keeping up with the manga with all the crazy time travel shenanigans at this point so the anime has been a great help getting things slightly clearer. Minene rocks, and I still feel sympathy for Yukiteru considering the screwed up situation he's in(looks over shoulder in case Yuno is lurking). Bring on the last episode!

Birdy the Mighty 1(Original OVA)

Figured I'd check out the original anime before going into Decode. I have a policy where if I'm watching an old OVA from the 80's or 90's, I always watch the English dub because it reminds me of those old Sci-Fi channel showings. I kinda wish this had a good old "punched up" MangaUK dub like Angel Cop but it's not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven - Episodes 33 & 34

The pacing is perfect and the story arcs move at always just the right time.

Sougen No Ko Tenguri,a fantastic little short movie(22mins)from 1977 directed by the legandary Yasuo Otsuka(his only directorial role in his career)Hayao Miyazaki also helped out in the process of this little gem and Osamu Tezuka came up with the original story,if you look at the people involved it reads out as a whos who of past and present anime legends,its not going to set the world on fire but it is a great little piece of anime history and worth checking out if you have any interest in pre-Ghibli history.

Fairy Tail episode 9.

Seemed like a throwaway filler episode, but had a few laughs nonetheless. Going to try and pace the last 3 episodes of this set to last me till set 2 comes out. That's 1 episode every 2 weeks by my calculation! :(

Back