Your viewing journal

Accel World ep 1&2

Kinda mixed feelings about this one.

The protagonist is a bit too generic 'shonen milquetoast hero' for my liking and some of the character development felt a bit hard to swallow, but I think there's a good idea lurking in there somewhere. In the main, it's quite a nice looking show too. I'll give it another episode at the very least, but I can see myself dropping it simply because there's so much else to choose from this season.

Inu x Boku SS episode 4 & 5.

Still waiting for something to really kick the series into gear. It seems like there's been little to no development of any of the character over these first five episodes. Ririchiyo is still the cute tsundere, and the rest of the cast are seemingly one-dimensional stereotypes too.

Fate/Zero 14

Hm, the quality of the NND stream has been increased. Excellent episode anyway and brought things back with a bang. I love Gilgamesh so much. Shame about Ryuunosuke though it was obviously going to have to happen, and I'm not really sure I should be feeling so sorry for such a horrible human being. Bring on the next episode!

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Sankarea 1

Loved this first ep, was a fan of the manga chapters that I read, will definitely be watching the rest of the show.

Kore wa Zombie desu Ka? OF THE DEEEEAAADO

I loved the first season, and I loved this episode as well. Keep the insanity coming!

Accel World

I really like the AR game and I love that the main character is designed the way he is, I can sympathise with his low self-esteem. Great first episode anyway!

Medaka Box 1

I dropped the manga during the first of its many genre shifts, but I'm giving the anime a shot anyway...mainly because of the novelty of NisiOisiN writing for Shonen Jump. Thought the first ep was ok, faithful to the manga, I'll see if I'm still interested when it makes the shifts later on.

Ozma 1-4

Loving this series. The retro feel is refreshing, and I just love Leiji Matsumoto's style. I'd rather it were a movie than a 6 ep series, but that's probably due to the cliffhangers :p More Sci-Fi anime please!

Hi Ath, I don't think I saw your intro thread if you made one, so (a slightly belated) welcome to the forums from me!

--

I have watched the ass-end of nothing for a few weeks, so before diving into the new season I watched the last couple of eps of the first season of KoreZom and all the short eps of Nyaruko-san to get ready for their respective upcoming shows.

I will post about the new season in the relevant thread, but for now the only three words that are required:

Polar.

Bear.

Cafe.

Professor Irony said:
Accel World ep 1&2

Kinda mixed feelings about this one.

The protagonist is a bit too generic 'shonen milquetoast hero'
Really? I don't think we see shounen leads as thoroughly drippy as Haruyuki that often these days tbh, but I will admit I haven't thought about it too hard.

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes Episodes 1 & 2

Birdy The Mighty Decode Episodes 1 - 5

Okami-San And Her Seven Companions Episodes 9 - 12

Bleach Episodes 105 - 109

Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 01

Seems I'm a little late to the party, but I'm pleased to see there's been a good level of uptake on this series, even from people relatively new to the world of Lupin. Good stuff.

This might just have what it takes to make me fall back in love with television anime. It feels like a return to the glory days of the Manga titles of old in a not-dissimilar way to Redline (hardly a coincidence). Fun, action, great animation quality, a real world (although OTT) setting... Tits. This is the kind of series that will no doubt hold a lot of appeal for Western fans, and the kind which has been sorely missing from the schedules recently in favour of such shows as "My toaster has come to life and appears to be a prepubescent girl who is actually a boy and is sexually obsessed with me, S2". Please Japan, MORE LIKE LUPIN.

Mysterious Girlfriend X episode 1 & Inu x Boku SS episode 6.

MGX was interesting. The art style struck me as being a little similar to that of Gorillaz' music videos, which was a pleasant surprise. Another nice surprise was Urabe turning out to be talkative, rather than a generic "quiet girl". The drool thing wasn't overplayed too much, thankfully.

Inu x Boku... I really don't know what to think about this series. Is it a comedy? Is it a serious story? I'm not laughing, yet nothing is serious enough to pique my interest. I'll just keep enjoying Ririchiyo looking cute and Karuta being generic attractive-but-silent girl number 254679.

After I finish dragonball gt the final disc tomorrow I'l be watching disc 1 of-

Mushi-shi

*crying with joy*
iv done it iv finally finished every single eps of the dragonball series iv done it in two months and a half I done it I finally done it

I'd love to see someone else try watching that and nothing else from beginning to end with the movies and ovas too.

Now I can go back and watch my backlogs again I'm so happy

Inu x Boku SS

My reaction upon seeing the last two minutes after the credits and seeing one part from the manga I hated being thrown into the anime:
freddie-mercury-so-close-pose1.jpg

It was when Miketsukami told Ririchiyo that he wants a family.

Personally, I felt that this series should not have been a romance series. There was so much potential for it to be a hilarious comedy, with characters like Kagerou, Zange and the various minor characters around the apartments. But now, it tried to go down the romance route. An entertaining series; I wouldn't say it's great, but I wouldn't say it's bad either.

VoxPhantom said:
Inu x Boku... I really don't know what to think about this series. Is it a comedy? Is it a serious story? I'm not laughing, yet nothing is serious enough to pique my interest. I'll just keep enjoying Ririchiyo looking cute and Karuta being generic attractive-but-silent girl number 254679.
Personally, I feel that the series' greatest flaw is it itself doesn't seem to know what it is. I think the author was trying to make it a romantic comedy, but they really had no idea at all on how to mix those two genres together. The series would work a lot better if they removed the romantic part of the story and had the focus of the series about Ririchiyo learning how to be around people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back