Your viewing journal

Idolm@ster 23

Oh man, still watching this :D In fact I'd forgotten about it until I saw a nice Makoto cosplayer on youtube. Still, it was a nice christmas episode full of fun.

Chihayafuru ep 1&2

Speaking of being behind, lets try this again! This time with less pc exploding and more watching. At the current rate I'm going I highly suspect I'll finish this around...December. However despite being like my third watch of these two episodes they were still pretty good. Looking forward to actually watching new episodes!

Also agreed with what everyone has said about Polar Bear Cafe. It's fantastic! Some top notch VA's as well make it even better.

I definitely understand Miketsukami's character and when his past was revealed, I beat myself up for not realising it sooner because his demon is the kitsune. Essentially, the relationship between Ririchiyo and Miketsukami is of two people who hate themselves learning to love someone else and I can see the beauty of that. I still find him irritating though.

After coming out of great shows like Toradora!, my expectations of what a romantic comedy should be are probably biased (that show was amazing), but I just felt like Inu x Boku SS was lacking something.

Last edited by a moderator:
spoiler/url, I have definitely done that before, haha.

--

Space Brothers e.2 - Just the continuing sense that the series has been constructed nearly perfectly. A real feeling of character and place, and great voice acting to boot.

Kimi to Boku s.2 e.2 - Aww, Chizuru! This is such a sweet show. Also, hairstyles, lol.

Rock Lee e.2 - I dunno. I like Sakura more in this than in actual Naruto, but I'm still not sure if it's funny or not. ^^;

I am likely to have a similarly tragic Idolm@ster anime viewing experience, as I have intelligently only picked up volumes 1, 4, 5 and 6 so far and therefore can't watch past the first episodes (I may have been buying in order of priority for goodies and discounts). Need to work the missing volumes into my budget at some point >_>

VoxPhantom said:
Inu x Boku SS episode 9.

Only 4 more episodes of this to slog through. Thank goodness!

May I suggest watching something else if you're not liking it, or is that too crazy?

R

Zetman ep2

Still enjoying it. I only have vague recollections of the manga at this point so I think I'll be able to appreciate the rest of the show on its own merits now.

Jormungand ep1

Oh wow, now this was something special. I kind of got a Black Lagoon vibe at the beginning, only with less heroic bloodshed and more clinical violence. I'll definitely be watching this one, I'm not familiar with the manga but it's good to see that the entire thing will be adapted over the split seasons.

Redline

Finally got round to watching the bluray of this. Damn, this had style. This was clearly a labour of love, showing so much imagination in the art and animation. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my big sister whom I watched it with. I'm still trying to get her to watch Fullmetal Alchemist though!

Rui said:
VoxPhantom said:
Inu x Boku SS episode 9.

Only 4 more episodes of this to slog through. Thank goodness!

May I suggest watching something else if you're not liking it, or is that too crazy?
That comes across as more than a little patronising. ^^'

Inu x Boku isn't actively bad enough to make me want to drop it, but I find the episodes to be a little dull and, as I've stated before, I don't really think much of the rom-com angle that the series has taken. I want to see how the story ends up, hence why I'm still watching.

It's not an actively horrible anime to watch - if it were then yes, I'd definitely stop watching and move onto something different. Thankfully only Mayoi Neko Overrun! has ever made me do that though!

Why is it that I often tend to get spoiler tags wrong? If I'm not forget the final "/", I'm accidentally finishing it with "[/url]" xD

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
I definitely understand Miketsukami's character and when
his past was revealed, I beat myself up for not realising it sooner because his demon is the kitsune[/url]. Essentially, the relationship between Ririchiyo and Miketsukami is of two people who hate themselves learning to love someone else and I can see the beauty of that. I still find him irritating though.

After coming out of great shows like Toradora!, my expectations of what a romantic comedy should be are probably biased (that show was amazing), but I just felt like Inu x Boku SS was lacking something.

But that's a good thing because Toradora is pretty poorly written and this is coming from someone who tried really hard to like it. So by comparison, Inu x Boku is pretty well written and it's well pace, since what you may forget is that the pair has already been in contact for a long time, so they're really just continuing from where the letters ended.
I wouldn't say Toradora! was poorly written; I'd actually call it one of the best series' of recent years. One thing it did very well was that it knew how to mix the romance and comedy together. The biggest thing that irks me with Inu x Boku SS is how some episodes are like "Okay, we're going to be a comedy!" and in others it's like "Okay, we're going to be a romance now!". That comes across as very jarring, at least to me.

In regards to Ririchiyo and Miketsukami, one quote that sticks in my mind is one by Kagerou (of all people) about Miketsukami: "He is an S masquerading as an M!". There are times that even Ririchiyo points out (unfortunately, after it's too late) where he outright guilt trips her.
Another thing that I felt Toradora! did rather perfectly, but Inu x Boku SS fell flat on is - there simply is no chemistry between Ririchiyo and Miketsukami. In Toradora!, with Ryuji and Taiga you can feel the tension between the two of them grow, same with Ryuji and Minori - there's a physical pull between them that feels so human and when we find out that there are feelings between them, we end up facepalming at how we didn't connect to the dots earlier. With Inu x Boku SS, there is none of that with Ririchiyo and Miketsukami, even after they get together. Although the anime ended at that point, in the manga, it's as if nothing has actually changed between them. Heck, in some episodes, I end up feeling like Ririchiyo is trying to force herself to be in love with him. It just doesn't feel natural at all.

Also, he has an entire wall of his room decorated with photos of her...that's er...quite creepy.

VoxPhantom said:
That comes across as more than a little patronising. ^^'

Apologies for that, but I was genuinely scratching my head more with each increasingly frustrated update ^^;

If I've bought something I do tend to try to watch it to the end, but with streaming if something is boring me I jump ship very quickly.

It's interesting to read your detailed thoughts and Josh's analysis as the series appeals to me a lot, and quite of a few of my other friends have been the same way. Especially the part Josh mentioned about the changing of gears annoying him, as that's a complaint often levelled at quite a few 'girly' shounen series (it stood out to me as I recently read a similar complaint about Black Butler, possibly on here as well...).

R

Naruto Shippuden 254

The fudge is this shiz?

I see no real need for the anime to have more filler crap now, as the manga is deep into the war arc. Yet not only does the anime decide to ruin the whole point of Naruto being on the island (to prevent him from knowing about the upcoming war) by having the fake mission turned from an ecology survey to one where he has to gather animals for the war....but then they have a love pentagon between him, a giant armadillo, a giant hippo, a giant penguin and a giant gorilla?

Seriously?!

Naruto Shippuden 255
At least they got one thing from the manga right - the armadillo was a dude!

Naruto Shippuden 256
Now, the image of the Squad leaders standing over the vast Shinobi army...badass. Getting hyped for the war...then the next ep is filler >>

MercenaryRaiden said:
ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Idolm@ster 23

Oh man, still watching this
Dude... XD

My pc exploded! Twice!
That is... quite unlucky. :-/ Still, you have some cracking viewing ahead!

Rui said:
I am likely to have a similarly tragic Idolm@ster anime viewing experience, as I have intelligently only picked up volumes 1, 4, 5 and 6 so far and therefore can't watch past the first episodes (I may have been buying in order of priority for goodies and discounts). Need to work the missing volumes into my budget at some point >_>
I can confirm that you are missing volumes 2 and 3, if that helps.

Back