Your viewing journal

Though that does guarantee that 99% of American con-goers who haven't seen it will pronounce Mine as though it is the similar-looking English word, especially with the capitalisation. Which might be considerably more rage-inducing, however cute and pseudo-romantic it sort of sounds :D

R

"Lupin III: 'Dat Fujiko" Better? xD

And hell, the majority of Americans apparently have a lot of trouble pronouncing the name of the Pokémon "Dusknoir" and "Hydreigon" (Due to the French 'noir' and German 'drei'), so it wouldn't surprise me if they can't pronounce Mine (although all you have to do is watch the show 9.9).

Sakamichi No Apollon ep 1

This was really good. I might drop it now, not because I disliked it but just because I'd like to watch it all the way through freshly on blu once it's out, and it's the kind of show I prefer to enjoy in chunks. I don't like jazz, or schoolkids, or even Kanno all that much (though she is a good fit here), but the show was great and the characters were easy to care about.

Tsuritama ep 1

With skilled planning, I watched this the same evening as SnA. The coincidental similarities between both series' setups were a little disorientating, but I actually ended up enjoying this a tiny bit more. Apollon feels like it's objectively a better show, however, Tsuritama was just so entertaining that I can't wait to watch more. Love the animation, bright colours and designs, too.

Sounds great. These are the two shows (and possibly the Bear Cafe show too) that have caught my eye.

I probably won't be able to get around to watching for about a week, it should still be up, right?

Jormungand ep1

Well that was a gratuitous display of testosterone induced bravado.

emotrazzv.gif

vashdaman said:
Jormungand: I like the sound of that!

It's off to a promising start. Nothing deep or meaningful, but very reminiscent of the more tongue-in-cheek parts of Black Lagoon.

I also caught the first episode of Apollon this morning. It's very watchable, but it didn't really grab me. I won't judge it too harshly on the strength of one episode, but I suspect it's just not my kind of show.

Mysterious Girlfriend X episode 2.

This show is a hell of a lot of fun, whatever happens - from Tsubaki getting totally played or Urabe's reaction to Tsubaki's dream, I enjoyed the whole episode. Can't wait for next Sunday now!

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 - Episode 1 (Rewatch)

Been a good few years since I last saw this and have been wanting to watch again for a while.

This is a great first episode and I'm really keen to get stuck into 0083 plus you've gotta love that 1990 OVA artwork!

0083 is ALMOST my favourite Gundam show. I certainly like it better than all the other UC stuff.

A very worthy show, and one I need to re-watch myself!

Inu x Boku SS episode 12.

Finish at last. And this episode featured the first scene that made me laugh out loud - the embarrassed reaction of the receptionist guy who wanted to send a letter to his future self. :lol:

I haven't seen any non-UC Gundam, but I agree about the quality of 0083, for me it comes just after the 0079 movies and Zeta. Some great stuff there.

Teo

Sakamichi no Apollon 1 - A series about Jazz? You had me hooked at that word alone. Kanno and Watanabe working on it too? Yeah, i'm game. It was a very enjoyable first episode without shadow of a doubt. Enjoyed the characters, the music especially, and the storyline it's going for.

Uchuu Kyoudai(Space Brothers) 3 - I think with this episode, i'm geared to be watching it for the long run. Mutta is such a fantastic character to follow with this. He keeps the comedy in there when it's needed, and never really feels like it's trying to do to much. Most of the characters in fact are nice. I did wonder at first if we'd get more Hibito thrown into the story, but as much as he is a main character, it feels like a show based around Mutta far more, at least for the time being. Maybe that'll change as things go on? Will wait and see.

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression

Overall I'd have to say very good, but just a bit too short, even for an installment in a three part series. Very dark and gritty, it took me a while to really grasp the story, but once I did, I found it very intriguing. Cliffhanger ending certainly makes me look forward to part two, wonder how many years it'll be until that comes out over here!

tweeny witches

i like the style and where the stories going but theres two or three things that kinda ticks me off about this series.

1 it cuts to something else that has nothing to do with the plot while there talking
2 it rushes,

if you watch it you'll know what im talking about

Back