Your viewing journal

Gundam Age 26 - It was coming a mile off, i just got the feeling from the get go, but it still a little saddening. damnit, why kill off Woolf. seriously, he was fantastic, helped push the second arc to good. If they kill Millias, i'll rage It's getting good again though, i can see me enjoying the final few episodes of this arc. Though, it feels a little short in comparison to the first, maybe they are having to go a little faster than they had expected?

Gundam Unicorn 4 Finally! I got this watched. This was pretty fantastic, in that it was a nostalgia overload in some respects, with the mass-produced mobile suits of every kind. Zakus, gundam Mk1s, everything. Was pretty ridiculous. It was also a nice push of character development for Banagher. Will look forward to episode 5 next month. Also, Bright was in this. Unfortunately, no bright slap. Maybe our prayers will be answered and it'll be in the next one

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine - 02

Interesting. So they're tying each member of the gang to Fujiko separately - Last week was Lupin, this week it was the turn of Jigen (which presumably means a Goemon episode next week then). We get some decent Jigen back-story which fits his personality nicely, borrowing heavily from what we've seen of his history before whilst showing you a little more of the man before he met Lupin.

This series is already proving an excellent introduction to the world of Lupin for those not already familiar with the franchise (with such a long history I'm sure it was partly their intention to get a new generation interested) and is looking like it will shape up to be a real treat for those already fans.

Sougen No Ko Tenguri

Doraemon666 said:
Sougen No Ko Tenguri,a fantastic little short movie(22mins)from 1977,it is a great little piece of anime history and worth checking out if you have any interest in pre-Ghibli history.

I've had this for a while, and your post prompted me to actually watch it, even within its sort running time it does so much and I agree a great piece of anime history.

Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven - Episodes 36 - 44

Intelligent, dramatic, well paced this show is just brilliant!![/b]

Lupin III: The Woman Named Fujiko Mine 2

I definitely liked this episode. From my limited viewership of the series (the first season and a few of the movies) Jigen had always appealed to me, so it was nice to see him taking centre stage.

Inu x Boku SS episode 10.

Well, the story took a bit of an unexpected turn. It'll be a bit more interesting seeing what happens from now on.

On a different note, the first part of Kagerou's ED reminds me far too much of songs from Banjo Kazooie/Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven - Episodes 45 - 50 [Final]

An absolutely brilliant conclusion to a truly great series, I knew it was supposed to good but I never guessed it would be this good.

Chobits: 18-Completed
Have to say overall it was quite a solid series, just like someone told me before I watched the series.

Trigun: 11-13
Got my "quote of the day" and a recap of previous episodes which I haven't seen in a while due to not having watched this set in months, Good Times!

Hmm feel like I should change avatars if only Funi have it >_>;

Anyway, watched some new stuff finally in a break from Musou Orochi. This season seems to have a strange concentration of quality, even though quite a few of the shows aren't things I'd rush out desperately to stream on day one.

Sakamichi No Apollon ep 1

This was really good. I might drop it now, not because I disliked it but just because I'd like to watch it all the way through freshly on blu once it's out, and it's the kind of show I prefer to enjoy in chunks. I don't like jazz, or schoolkids, or even Kanno all that much (though she is a good fit here), but the show was great and the characters were easy to care about.

Tsuritama ep 1

With skilled planning, I watched this the same evening as SnA. The coincidental similarities between both series' setups were a little disorientating, but I actually ended up enjoying this a tiny bit more. Apollon feels like it's objectively a better show, however, Tsuritama was just so entertaining that I can't wait to watch more. Love the animation, bright colours and designs, too.

Shirokuma Cafe ep 2

It remains fun. Panda Mama needs more screen time.

Sengoku Collection ep 1

Got bored and stopped halfway through. It is decent in its execution, but so thoroughly average in its concept that I felt I'd seen it all before dozens of times. The squishy art style didn't appeal either.

ilmaestro said:
I can confirm that you are missing volumes 2 and 3, if that helps.

Thanks, now that's figured out I'm all set! :D

R

Lupin: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine ep2

Brave of them to have an entire episode in which the only two recurring characters are Fujiko and Jigen, but it worked brilliantly.

Also this show is so goddamn cool that it's painful. Long may it last.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Joshawott said:
Lupin III: The Woman Named Fujiko Mine
Professor Irony said:
Lupin III: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine
Can one of you Japanese understanders please clarify this for us? Perhaps not - I'm guessing the problem might be that Japanese doesn't differentiate between a/the and called/named?

ayase said:
ayase said:
Lupin III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Joshawott said:
Lupin III: The Woman Named Fujiko Mine
Professor Irony said:
Lupin III: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine
Can one of you Japanese understanders please clarify this for us? Perhaps not - I'm guessing the problem might be that Japanese doesn't differentiate between a/the and called/named?

All are fine, it's not an exact science (there's no particular word for 'a' or 'the' in the way we use them in English sentences, but if you don't add it in everything sounds like it was translated by a robot). The most correct version would be "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" IMO, purely because that's what the legit subs use and so using anything else is just adding a layer of unnecessary confusion.

R

Back