Your viewing journal

Ghost Hunt episodes 1-5

The first case (1-3) was not that great but I endeavored and I was not let down by the first two episodes of case 2. Some genuinely creepy stuff in it.

Another 1-3

Seems well directed, but the story has failed to grab me and I'll probably be dropping this one. The big reveal of what was under Misaki's eyepatch was pretty anticlimactic too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaiba - Episodes 1 to 12 (over a period of a month).

The most reasonable price, and reasonable indeed it was, was that of a legitimate R4 eBay retailer.

Just started Highschool of the Dead first disc. I am surprised at how really genuinely good it is. Barring the first episode there's also not been too many egregious fanservice yet (there's Dr. Tits sure, but that's no more outlandish than your average Gainax show) howeer, I am bracing myself for more to come lol.

The dub is also pretty good too, for once the female characters aren't all whiny or screamy sounding, a flaw that irritates me in most dubs.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Just started Highschool of the Dead first disc. I am surprised at how really genuinely good it is. Barring the first episode there's also not been too many egregious fanservice yet (there's Dr. Tits sure, but that's no more outlandish than your average Gainax show) howeer, I am bracing myself for more to come lol.
Really? My recollection of the show is that barely a scene went by without jiggle or pantsu, and oh man did I ever love it. But HotD does also have a surprisingly decent plot that keeps things tense and interesting, making it the greatest fanservice show ever.

Episode 6 is epic, by the way. So very epic.

Guilty Crown e.13 - Hmm, I'm still not sure what they're going to do with this show in the aftermath of losing the most dynamic character, but it is still entertaining enough in its own little bubble. Not overly thrilled by the message of "the only way disabled people can fit in is to become 'normal' again", though.

Brave 10 e.3 - "Hmm, Kamanosuke, why does she have a man's... Ah. I see."

"Or wait, do I..."

I'm calling "safe". Fun fights, Kakei providing more amusement. Show is still strong.

Kill Me Baby e.3 - Show is still causing me to lol spontaneously at times, which is all I ask for.

fabricatedlunatic said:
making it the greatest fanservice show ever
I don't have specific titles to spit out at you, but I am opposing this statement just because it is so outrageous. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
making it the greatest fanservice show ever
I don't have specific titles to spit out at you, but I am opposing this statement just because it is so outrageous. :p
Well if you do feel like naming a specific title that's as well animated, well directed, and well-plotted as HotD, please do so because I need to watch it!

There are shows with more fanservice, and more risqué fanservice, but none I've seen are as much of a complete package as HotD. So there :p

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Really? My recollection of the show is that barely a scene went by without jiggle or pantsu, and oh man did I ever love it. But HotD does also have a surprisingly decent plot that keeps things tense and interesting, making it the greatest fanservice show ever.

Episode 6 is epic, by the way. So very epic.

Just got there lol, that's pretty heavy fanservice lol. I guess it's not so much that there's not a lot of fanservice between 2 and 5, more that it's better hidden and slightly less blatant, or rather it's more like regular shows' fanservice as opposed to a fanservice-centric approach. Fanservice where there's an opportunity for it rather than creating an opportunity for fanservice...if that makes sense :p

The World God Only Knows episodes 1-12

Yeah, I went into Conquest Mode with this xD. I do like the English dub; my only complaint would be the removal of the Loose Soul Detector's "Doro Doro" (Don't ask me why. I don't know why it was removed). Also, Chris Patton voicing Keima took a couple of episodes to get used to (I kept on hearing him as Creed from Black Cat!); same with Hilary Haag playing Mio Aoyama; I kept on hearing Becky from Pani Poni Dash xD

I do find it odd how Kanon is featured on the art of the second disc, as her arc is resolved during the first disc (disc 1 has episodes 1-9)

I also noticed that there were a couple slight jabs at how Japan is apparently better than America and even a reference to Oprah that I can't remember from the original Japanese version. The latter especially seems odd considering the almost exclusively Japanese nature of the show Xd

Back