Your viewing journal

Area no Kishi e.3 - So this is where the show actually starts, then, I suppose. Not the most original setup for a sports show, but that is not to take anything away from a show that definitely has potential atm.

Bakuman. s.2 e.16 - Aoki-jou blushing is more exciting than anything Highschool DxD or its ilk have to offer. Pretty strong arc atm, I would perhaps ship FukudaxAoki

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
making it the greatest fanservice show ever
I don't have specific titles to spit out at you, but I am opposing this statement just because it is so outrageous. :p
Well if you do feel like naming a specific title that's as well animated, well directed, and well-plotted as HotD, please do so because I need to watch it!

There are shows with more fanservice, and more risqué fanservice, but none I've seen are as much of a complete package as HotD. So there :p
If I want to cheat and make it easy for myself I will just say Bakemonogatari, but I will be back with an answer you will be more ready to accept soon... maybe.

Watched some more Bleach (now up to episode 11 and counting)...
Watched an episode of fairy tale...
Watched a bit more death note (onto disk 4 now)...

ilmaestro said:
Bakuman. s.2 e.16 - Aoki-jou blushing is more exciting than anything Highschool DxD or its ilk have to offer. Pretty strong arc atm, I would perhaps ship FukudaxAoki

I think that's probably the idea :p

How are you finding s2 in general? I like it ok, but I feel like it's stagnating a bit, there's a lot of repeat of s1, but without the sense of urgency since they've already been serialised and thus have a safety net of sorts. I just hope that s3 isn't going to be another "let's get serialised" season, because it's beginning to lose its pacing.

Ga-Rei Zero Episode 1.

Really impressed for the first episode, it's one of the best series openings I've seen in some time. Plenty of action, hinted plotline, and a rather unexpected end to episode. I only hope the rest of the series can keep up with a decent overall plot etc.

That arc in Bakuman. finally warmed me to Fukuda. I have still yet to find anything at all likeable about Nakai, though...

Finally got tired of the disappointment that is Brave10's streaming arrangement (or complete lack of arrangement) and found a morally satisfactory way of catching up. I wish people wouldn't insist on carving this tiny planet up and treating each region differently. It's especially galling since the vast majority of feedback from the US on this title has been overwhelmingly and unfairly negative. I choose to believe that most of the thousands of westerners enjoying it are simply too busy to post their opinions online. Anyway, as a result...

Brave10 1-3

Disappointing Naruto rip-off. Just kidding, I really enjoyed watching (as could have been guessed quite easily in advance). It certainly delivers on the promised flash ninja action. There are some awesome seiyuu choices in this show, and we even get them singing the OPs.

So far I like Sasuke most, I think. Worringly, Hanzou is also sort of cool. It's going to be sort of confusing having a Benmaru but I'll get used to it. Looking forward to the next episode!

R

High School of the Dead eps 3-5

Ok it seems I am making myself time for it...It's awfully distracting attempting to do business studies alongside it though! :p

Senki Zesshou Symphogear ep 1

Hmm, this has piqued my interest for sure. The first half of the episode was a rather intriguing way of introducing some of the characters...The opening scenes heavily foreshadowing the future, although I do love shows that do this and the journey that it takes to get there. The music was pretty cool too. Definitely one i'll give a few more episodes too.

Five minutes of Amagami SS+ ep 1
Amagami SS eps 9 - 12

Oh dear, what a mishap I have made! I started watching the new series of Amagami before I realised something rather large...I only watched Haruka and Kaoru's arcs in the first season :D I was waiting for the dvds, as it was taking me so long to get around towatching it anyway that I thought I should wait! :D Sae's arc...Eh. Not as good as Haruka or Kaoru's. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination but I think I just enjoy Haruka and Kaoru's characters so much more.

Super Heavy God Gravion - Episodes 4 & 5

Still great!

Rinne no Lagrange

Another OK episode, I have a feeling that this could be another Star Driver!

Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:

I think that's probably the idea :p

How are you finding s2 in general?
I still like it "about the same" tbh, I haven't really felt that strong divide between the two. If they do the "now they need to fight to get serialized" arc a third time I would definitely not be so generous, though.

This one has been driven along nicely by all the stuff relating to Aoki-jou, for me, so I don't mind that there are similarities in the Ashirogi storyline. They will have to start involving Eiji again soon, though, or I'll get cross with them, but I suspect this really is the big push for Fukuda as the "main secondary" character since the emphasis is on people being part of the "Fukuda Group".

Rui said:
I have still yet to find anything at all likeable about Nakai, though...
Nakai was always OK in my book, despite his inferiority complex, but I have been pretty shocked at him in this arc. I can only assume he is literally losing his mind somehow and he isn't really quite as much of a **** as he is coming across right now.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Amagami SS eps 9 - 12

Oh dear, what a mishap I have made!
looooooool :D

You have (obviously) made the right choice to go back though. Favorite girl so far?

ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Amagami SS eps 9 - 12

Oh dear, what a mishap I have made!
looooooool :D

You have (obviously) made the right choice to go back though. Favorite girl so far?

Yeah I regret not carrying on with watching it sooner, as I adore this as much as I did Kimikiss. Annoyingly, missed my opportunity to own the games.

Fave character is Kaoru, easily. I have a thing for the "childhood friend" character (quoted as I could have *sworn* Rihoko was more of a childhood friend...?) and Kaoru is just awesome. From her playfulness to her, not overly aggresive, tsundere type personality. Plus that hair is awesome, not to mention being voiced by Rina Satou. (And it seems i've got myself a new wallpaper!)

Although...Nishishishii...(Crap. Can't get that "Miya's Can Can" medley out of my head now...)

Joshawott said:
Does Japan have an obsession with nipples being able to shoot acid or something?

Yes but the stipulation is that the acid can burn clothes and only clothes. :lol:

I enjoyed the series back when I watched it, I just can't remember all the characters names. I think my prefered arcs were also Kaoru, and the swimmer girl (Ai?). I spent too much of Rihoko's episodes kinda feeling sorry for her.

Joshawott said:
High School DxD 3

Does Japan have an obsession with nipples being able to shoot acid or something?
Japan?

MercenaryRaiden said:
Fave character is Kaoru, easily. I have a thing for the "childhood friend" character (quoted as I could have *sworn* Rihoko was more of a childhood friend...?)
Yes, I agree that you can easily be lead to think that about Rihoko... because she is! I guess the lesson to learn is "you can never have too many childhood friends who go on to become cute highschool friends". And yes, Kaoru's hair is boom, she is probably my second favorite just ahead of Tsukasa.

Morishima-sempai is the clear winner, though, I expected more of you. :p

High School DxD 4

Okay, so you're a pawn and can promote yourself to any piece other than the King. Instead of choosing the Queen, which has the powers of all the others, you choose a Rook?!.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilmaestro said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Fave character is Kaoru, easily. I have a thing for the "childhood friend" character (quoted as I could have *sworn* Rihoko was more of a childhood friend...?)
Yes, I agree that you can easily be lead to think that about Rihoko... because she is! I guess the lesson to learn is "you can never have too many childhood friends who go on to become cute highschool friends". And yes, Kaoru's hair is boom, she is probably my second favorite just ahead of Tsukasa.

Morishima-sempai is the clear winner, though, I expected more of you. :p

Junichi is a lucky so and so that's for sure...

Ah ha, don't get me wrong my post certainly does make it look like I dislike Haruka but that's far from the truth. She's so..."Wow!" Her random english is quite cute and she's certainly very playful (The shed, that cafeteria scene - both in episode 3...) and Shizuka Itou actually does really well voicing her. I do like the way that she knows how she can push around, and potentially manipulate, Junichi into treating her. I just...Didn't quite get on with her ending, and I'm not entirely sure why to be honest. That and I just like Kaoru's level headedness a bit more then the bubbliness of Haruka. Nothing wrong with her though!

I have heard good things about Tsukasa and Ai's arcs though, so my ratings might change afterwards. And I'll likely not jump straight into SS+, so that my opinions aren't spoilt greatly, but go back to Last Exile 2 before that! :p

Over the Last few days I have watched Penguindrum 13 -24 . I really enjoyed the crazy weird journey this show went on. There are a few things I am not clear on after the ending and I think certain people needed a bit more development, but in the end I would give it a 4/5.

Yesterday we watched first 2 episodes of Genesis of Aquarion on the logic that its getting a sequel so it must be worth a look. So far it feels like its working down a tick list of what to include in a Mystical Robot show. The concept is interesting, I will give it a few more episodes to see if it can do it justice.

DanshiNichijou e.2 - this show is just flat-out funny. Not necessarily stand-up style belly laughs, although it has those, but in a variety of ways. Long way to go, but it could end up pretty close to the top of my all-time comedies if it keeps getting a little better.

Rinne no Lagrange e.3 - It's starting to draw me in after maybe one-and-three-quarter not so impressive episodes. I'm still not 100% sure of "the story", but Madoka's energy and the series somewhat down to earth messages about town pride are infectious. As for Lan... is there a more engaging up-and-coming seiyuu than Seto Asami right now? The voice cast is actually pretty good overall, but she stands out in any show I've seen her play a lead role in.

Back