Your viewing journal

Orgun said:
Star Driver - Episode 9

I found this episode rather dull and repetitive especially the first half of it
Yep, I was pretty disappointed that they went back to their "standard" approach for most of this ep - if it had been the low point of the series so far I would have totally accepted it, but after all the other less than great episodes this made me think that the series is going to be a missed opportunity.

ilmaestro said:
Yep, I was pretty disappointed that they went back to their "standard" approach for most of this ep - if it had been the low point of the series so far I would have totally accepted it, but after all the other less than great episodes this made me think that the series is going to be a missed opportunity.

Spot on, I totally agree and after RahXephon and Eureka Seven this is a very disappointing production from Bones.

Milky Holmes ep 9 - The fact that they actually did something with the "inspiration" behind the characters is worth praising, although the show really has gone off the deep end as far as being totally random goes by this stage. The new character this week was a totally new character, right? I felt like I had missed something. Also, checking to see if Crunchy had subtitled the section with the famous detectives at all well was an exercise in frustration.

Bakuman ep 10 - I really liked this episode once again from the "felt like I learnt something" point of view. And good to see the mental development of the main characters, Hattori as well as the boys. My apologies to Miyoshi, too, who was looking pretty boom in her thigh-highs this week.

Durarara - Ep 18 - Just about to start this episode, so I'll say I'm really enjoying this series, and it has had really good pacing. A lot of twists that could been seen as clichéd, but due to the level of detail in each episode's story, it helps keep you from seeing the bigger picture until the story is ready to reveal it to you. This can be best seen in ep's 12 and just now 17.

Escaflowne Episodes 12-26. Well, that does that re-watch. Normally when I watch something that I first watched many years ago it's either much better than I remembered or much worse. This, however, was just like I remembered... I always thought it was an okay anime with a classic love-triangle storyline, great soundtrack and good mech designs, and the rest is average J-RPG-like stuff (big evil army attacking towns, our main heroes fly around in an airship and collect more followers as they go, etc.)

Ah, screw the "rate out of 10" thread, that will do as a review of the series. I give it a 7.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru Episode 9 - Table Tennis match on the 1st part was the highlight, I never get tried of the series for it unpredictability and gags.

Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge Episode 9 - Finally got my chance to watch it and it turned out to be one of the weak episodes, I enjoyed it still but I didn't laugh as much.

Panty and Stocking episode 10 - Three parter (or even five) were pretty good, the music video at the end was fun to spot all the artists and band references however the song became a bit irritating, I don't like autotune :(

Ika Musume episode 1-8 - To be honest when thinking about I don't really know what to think about the series, I can't deny that its funny at times but I sometimes find it boring, I think i'll have a better idea once the series has finished.

Taisho Baseball Girls. I can't really say why I enjoyed this so much. The girls can be just as good as boys story is very familiar just set in a different time. While the overall story has been done before here it has been done very well and makes sense for the time it is set. Pacing is great and you really believe these girls are improving their baseball skills, none of the sudden shonen power ups here.

Reevothemusefan said:
Panty and Stocking episode 10 - Three parter (or even five) were pretty good
Hmm, interesting, I may have to check this out as I did think they could do something better than the first few episodes with a longer-form story.

Dracos said:
Taisho Baseball Girls. I can't really say why I enjoyed this so much.
Because baseball is just *perfect* for series like this.

Today I watched the last disk of Paniponi dash...it was Omega awsome and has the best mech action like in the history of ever PANI-X FTW PANI X TO DESTROY ALL GUNDAMS

Rocket Girls 1-4

Aion likes this. Finally, all those hours spent hunting for R1 bargains on SS is paying off. I DON'T JUST BUY CHEAP CRAP; I BUY CHEAP GOOD, TOO! YAY!

In the first episode, a tribe dances as a 'firework' explodes in the sky for the sixth time... the firework being a rocket launch attempt gone wrong. An astronaut also attempted to escape from his daily torture by driving in an armoured van whilst a helicopter shot rockets at him.

In the second episode, the heroine found her dad... who'd became a tribal leader after, 17 years before, disappearing from his wife on their honeymoon. She also learned he had many wives, as well as a daughter - the heroine's little sister.

I know not why sending rockets into space without them blowing up is such a big deal, and it might be a lil' far-fetched for a high school girl to go on a crash course before going into space, alongside her tribal sister. But I don't care. It's something of a black comedy and, so far, hasn't been overly technical. And this it's certainly a unique way to get those school girls into my Japanese cartoons.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 6 - 9

What I am really enjoying about Dougram is the way it is taking its time to fully establish the characters and the background to the story.

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 10 - 12

A few things that would become 80's mecha cliche's beginning to creep in and Crinn killing Dirk after the 'Kill or be Killed' speech was obvious but otherwise still very, very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haruhi Season Two. I actually quite liked the endless eight episodes which is lucky as it is the only really new content in the whole season. I watched the english dub which is not too bad JYB and Freeman seem to work well off each other as the male leads, the girls on the other hand sound a bit too young and whiney at times. I will have to make some time and watch it subbed.

Back