Your viewing journal

HdE said:
sic vita est said:
5/10 - so-so, as there are flashes of something more on occasion.

Given that we're talking about Divergence Eve here, that is possibly THE most unintentionally funny remark I've seen all week. ;)

I knew I should've proof-read it for double-entendres! Maybe the show's affecting me more than I thought? Any... unusual character design becomes almost normalised in most anime after watching it for a while, for me at least. Except for Eiken. Ugh.

In the last 2/3 days:

Bleach 275 - 292

I remember now why I love Bleach so much <3 xD

Please Bleach, never end! <3

Edit: Just seen 297 <333 I've waiting so many episodes to see Gin in action again, and at last I have xD Oh I love Bleach xD <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Witchblade Episodes 5 - 9 Masane learns about cloneblades, the fact than ex-cons are humans and about Takayama and Reina's past.

To Aru Majutsu no Index II ep 10 - After going way too fast through ep 8, eps 9 and 10 were much better paced. Love Oriana as the antagonist, and I love the parts of the story that go a little deeper on the religious/magic side of things (even if they kind of glossed over that at the end a little to add in the last two scenes with Index and Mikoto).

MM! ep 11 - This show hasn't quite been able to carry itself on its energy and Mio's awesomeness for a whole cour, imo, and has started to go a little stale. Not actively bad, but not something I'll be overly sad to see end.

Bakuman ep 11 - Woo-hoo, Eiji! Didn't massively benefit from the Shuujin/Miyoshi scenes in the middle. Hattori is still the dude. ED is still perfect for this show.

Stuart-says-yes said:
probably better than the manga as well.
Probably... but not. Shame! :p I've never quite understood how the anime could be seen as superior to the manga for a series like Bleach. The pacing/"voice acting"/etc are inherently tuned in to your own preferences in the manga, since you decide them yourself, and the anime version doesn't usually get enough significant input from the original creator, or high quality enough additions to make it stand out. I should really check out the episode relating to Jigoku-hen, though.

ilmaestro said:
Amagami ep 23 - Ayatsuji is k-k-k-krazy, serious problems. On one hand, shame the show can't deal with them properly, especially not in this short time frame, on the other hand, who cares because they still made it totally hilarious.

I'll start that arc tonight, we talked about how they might not handle this last part of the series but your comments interest me enough to check it out.

ilmaestro said:
SoreMachi ep 10 - Oh yes, right back to the awesomeness of Kon-sempai. Last week had too much non-main girls content that was stretched out, so whilst funny wasn't entirely satisfying. This week more than made up for it.

Indeedy, it was a better episode and for some reason the alien bit didn't seem out of place with all the stuff that has gone on throughout the series, I want Kon's alien repair device.

Fortune Arterial episode 11 - At first glance it is a cliche beach & yukata episode, however it does really well to build up the tension around mid-way through. Looks like its ending strongly but its a shame the series started so mediocre.

MM! episode 11 - I thought I had deja vu for this episode, its become pretty mediocre now and I think I already know what score i'm going to give it. Bet the ending is going to be predictable.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Good to hear someone else is enjoying this season of bleach, probably one of the better things I've watched weekly these last few months. probably better than the manga as well.

Yeah man it's totally awesome xD I'm thinking of reading ahead though, because I don't think I can wait weekly to see it as it is >.< Saying that, i'll just end up in the same situation xD At least the chat wouldn't have spoilers though ;)

Fang of the Sun Dougram - Episodes 16 & 17

Dougram continues to develop well, the plot pacing is spot on with a good mix of action, comedy, tradegy and politics

Having recommended it to one of my mates who's trying to get into watching anime, I wound up rewatching Perfect Blue the other night there. Curiously, I think I actually enjoyed it far more this second time through.

I remember being reasonably impressed by it when I first saw it some years ago, but somehow it didn't really stick with me afterwards. This time, I couldn't believe just what a well crafted film it really is. It's not an easy watch, but it's a thoroughly compelling study of intense obsession and the horrifying effect it can have on people.

Satoshi Kon's work has never really appealed to me in the past, but watching this again really convinced me that I ought to give it a chance.

Toward the Terra Episode 21 The space battle between Mu and Humans sees casualties on both sides before Keith uses Mu hostages to try and stop the Mu attack.

Lupus said:
I just remembered why I don't come to this forum anymore.

Hey man, if one post like that is enough to put you off the forum, I don't know how you can stand the internet at all. Bleach is popular, so you're gonna find some fans man.

OT: Bleach 301 <3

Oh I love you even more Ichimaru <3

Star Driver ep 11 - Hmm. This was far more fleshed-out than most of the other "monster of the week" episodes, but was still left wanting to some extent. Also, Sugata totally randomly using his power was pretty cool from the POV of the fight that was going on, but was a little weird given how much trouble he might have been in afterwards. If this really is only 12/13 episodes, then I don't see how they're going to end it, so hopefully it has more time to recover.

Yakumo ep 11 - Ehhh, I've watched this through and even read some fairly thorough blog posts on it, and I'm still not sure what's really going on. It feels like they threw two or three separate arcs together in one short series and didn't quite blend them right.

Yosuga no Sora ep 11 - At this stage I guess it's become quite obvious, but this show really does just seem like an excuse to animate some of the sex scenes from the game. Bit disappointing.

Ika-musume ep 11 - This show found its groove a while ago, and while this ep did nothing overly special (although the bit with the dolls was predictably excellent), the basic premise and the cuteness of Ika just works.

Nurarihyon ep 24 - Flat-out evil bad guys are good to have once in a while, and I think the conclusion of this arc has been played out well enough to make up for some flat episodes in the middle of the series.

Been watching Bamboo Blade. Up to episode 13.

It's either respectable (or embarrassing) when the first thing you do when waking up is to start humming the end theme and not even realise it.

I like. For now.

Divergence Eve ep. 12 - 13
Well, that was one of the most shameless "please watch this sequel" endings I've seen. I can't really criticise the ending itself as it's close to that used in a couple of other notable shows, but it's just too random in this case. And I was really hoping the show might redeem itself with a decent finale.

4/10 - not really good. Overall series rating may be slightly higher.

Back