Your viewing journal

OreImo 12-
Watched it while feeling very ill. Shaking the whole way through. Lots of stuff happened quite quickly. Heard it was last ep. Is this true? I mean they certainly left it open for more at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aogu said:
OreImo 12-
Watched it while feeling very ill. Shaking the whole way through. Lots of stuff happened quite quickly. Heard it was last ep. Is this true? I mean they certainly left it open for more at the end.
There are going to be four extra episodes streamed online and then added to the home video release, in the manner of Bakemonogatari's continuation.

ilmaestro said:
Aogu said:
OreImo 12-
There are going to be four extra episodes streamed online and then added to the home video release, in the manner of Bakemonogatari's continuation.
They're an alternative to the last 2 episodes, not a follow up. The true end, not necesaily a happy one but should tie up more (I hope).

That good end is still going to be open ended.

Do it now, Stu. :p

(general, vague OreImo spoilers follow)

And reaper, thanks for the clarification, although it became obvious once I'd actually seen episode 12. Not sure why they need to re-do ep 11, though, as that wasn't very much changed from the LNs. Ep 12 was obviously a lot different, and let's just thank God that they are going to re-do it "properly".

The "Good End" didn't feel very open ended at all, completely the opposite - it felt like they were trying to bring the anime to some sort of emotional catharsis. I fully expect the "True End" will follow the LNs and lead into another season somewhere down the line.

Just finished watching Season 4 of Bleach, yes yes even tho it's a filler I didn't mind it and I loved the last ep (Ep 91) as it has a tension cliffhangers and I want to know what happens next. Not sure if I should wait for Bleach Season 5 to go down in price first or buy it soon as.

FMA:B Part 2 arrived today so I will be watching that next I guess and I still need to watch my Nausicaa on Blu Ray that I bought on Release date.

Otome Youkai Zakuro episode 1 - 12 - Took my interest so I caught up with the series, I love the fictionial world set-up and the characters, but its weakness is that the plot is predictable. The action is good and the animation is pretty but coming up to the end it doesn't hold up, in my opinion, hopefully the last episode can change my view.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Ore No Imouto 11 explaination
I though she would leave for America because apparently that is a future plot point in one of the books
Oh, OK. That is not an acceptable in-show explanation. :p But that is what I thought, so since I assumed you knew, I wanted to speculate on it with you before we actually found out which direction they were going in for the anime. Too late now. :p

Ah, I wasn't going to post about it until I had a little more energy to do so, but I might as well say...

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu/The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - There was no way this movie could live up to the hype. But it did. With room to spare. I don't know how KyoAni convinced anyone (and I'm presuming they had to sign contracts with various demons and deities along the way) to let them make something this good without ruining it in some way, or cutting at least one corner (I will forgive the odd moment of not entirely congruous CGby way of a mulligan), but if ever a movie deserved to be the longest animated movie ever, this *genuinely* might be it, even though almost no-one in this country (relative to, say, Akira) will ever watch it. Straight into my top ten movies (that's any and all movies) of all time.

It's Christmas, and my anime is disappointing me. It's a sad day.

On one hand I have Gundam 00: a show practically devoid of characterization where a band of unnaturally pretty bishies strive to free the world of war by shooting **** up in various countries, using robots of such size and vibrancy that they're screaming 'DO ME!' louder than £20 whores. My only interest is Louise, her mom, and the wimp guy pushed around by both... AND THEY HAVE NO DUCKING PLACE IN AN ANIME ABOUT WAR AND MANLY CRIES!!!

Then, there's the El Hazard TV remake. The characters are very much one-dimensional, and Makoto was ducking useless BEFORE he stopped cross-dressing and no longer shared an implausible connection with a wind-up witch of mass destruction. With all of the end of world intensity gone and some cliche, blushing romance with a princess replacing it, what's the point? It no longer has the OVA's budget, or hot springs nudity, so it's a waste of time.

...Ducking pieces of ****.

Fortune Arterial episode 12 -
Episode 10 - Great tension but thought that the next was going to be predictable.
Episode 11 - Again fantastic build-up and was total wrong, had high hopes for a great ending.
Episode 12 - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-, a really poor ending and a no proper conclusion ruined it for me :(

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 12 - I think i've given the series so much praise now, I think you know my feelings for this episode. Had a lot of great comedic moments and a lot of heart by the end of this episode. I want to read the manga now :D

AironicallyHuman said:
My only interest is Louise
Dude... she is so annoying, it almost makes me wish this show had no female characters just to get rid of her. Where's the love for the Ptolemaios crew?! Sumeragi... those hips... that alcohol addiction...

Stuart-says-yes said:
I wasn't big on the first few episodes but by episode 7/8, I was totally infatuated by the series
Episode 8 is the one that cemented the first "arc" as excellent, imo. "The" scene between Setsuna and Marina is one of the stand-out moments of the whole show.

I don't even remember who Marina is supposed to be... the forced future lover of Setsuna; the who who had a contrived meeting with the stoic one in sunny ol' Scotland, and Setsuna randomly revealed everything to a woman he'd known for 60 seconds? Idk.

The crew of the super-ship the goodies all traverse space in seem to only exist just to prove the Gundam riders don't all bum each other, outside of the episode runtimes. Two of the females are there seemingly just to be playthings for two of the holy four, and Sumeragi's characterization only extends as far as drinking and emoing over strategic fail. Nice tits, ja, and I like my 2D ladies to have long hair, but aside from superficial plus points...

One of Code Geass R2's many problems was how it threw numerous new, pointless characters at viewers and only had females around for their tits, and their fail extends well beyond Code Geass, it seems...

(I'm @ 13/25, FYI - cba to watch the last half at the mo. I'm bored of the 'BOOM-BOOM, BANG-BANG' > Bishie show > 'BOOM-BOOM, BANG-BANG' > Random rom-com fun structure. AND I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE EXIA KEEPS ITS ******* 'SWORDS', GOD DAMNIT!!!)

Gundam is ****. SEED was alright until Kira/Athrun did their whole screaming at each other/self-destruction thing, halfway though, but it was really only ever a copy of the original. And as for Wing, it impressed me so much I on-holded/dropped it after five episodes, with a 5/10 score.

WHY ARE THESE ROBO-FAPPING SHOWS REGARDED SO HIGHLY!? Code Geass owns them... until R2 turned the series into Gundam.

I may well regret this, but whatever...

So, could I ask what Louise does to avoid your wrath? Sumeragi is in one of the more conflicted emotional positions at this point in the show, imo, with a lot of her backstory clearly still to be revealed, and Marina (primarily as the human representative of Azadistan, and thus by extention the mouthpiece for this show's view of the many small countries in the middle East that have had and will have severe internal problems with little external help forthcoming) is both important for reflecting some of Setsuna's otherwise hidden emotions, as well as being a fairly unique cog in the political wheel we have seen so far.

Hidamari Sketch X 365 Episodes 13 - 16 This includes the dvd only episode (episode 14) and the two ova episodes (episodes 15 & 16).

Witchblade Episode 24

Elf Princess Rane - This is the directorial debut of Akitaroh Daichi and very funny it was.

Back