Your viewing journal

To Aru Majutsu no Index ep 12 - "hmm, the discussion of this religious stuff is a bit too detailed, time to blow through it pretty quick". ^^; Overall, probably a better idea than the WALL OF TEXT approach in the first season. Komoe-sensei way too good, as usual. A little bit of expounding on Oriana's character and motivations, hopefully they carry on with that as she just about deserves it.

Aquarion Age episodes 1-13

It was enjoyable to watch and I really loved the soundtrack

Kino's Journey episodes 1-5

I'm really enjoying this so far and can't wait to watch more tonight

Amagami 25 - Hmm, had one or two very funny moments, and was an acceptable "conclusion" in its own right, but really not the best episode they could have made.

Star Driver 13 - It's definitely better when they have episodes to do with characters who they've built up a little bit, and there was a lot more detail given over to the world set-up, but the show is still only riding at just over about 50% good episodes I think.

Otome Youkai Zakuro ep 13 - A truly spectacular and emotional last episode, hopefully there is a second season of this coming further down the line - and a BD release.

Kuragehime ep 10 - This was a really weird pace for the second to last ep - until the last ten seconds hit. These characters are just really fun to hang out with, very original, and they've left things nicely in the balance for the final ep.

After receiving it as a gift, I sampled the first episode of Bubblegum Crisis.

I expected the lavish soundtrack, though I was not anticipating the action sequences to be resemblant to Super Sentai and Akira simultaneously: A select band of heroines battle an amorphous mass — presumably the result of a failed experiment — in the name of justice. A laser is then fired from a satellite upon said mass, and one of said heroines leaves the scene atop a red, angular motorcycle
Just an observation of mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairy Tail ep 60 - I still think this has felt like a slightly random way to bring back Jellal, but at least they're trying to give more backstory now. Natsu vs Cobra also seems like it will be a better fight than Gray vs Racer.

Bakuman ep 13 - Very exciting, relatively speaking. Mashiro's exchanges with Miho were entertaining, and the main narrative is really gaining momentum.

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo ep 13 - A fairly satisfying conclusion at the end of the episode (and thus the end of the series), but again the actual story felt a little vague and rushed. I should probably go back over some things from this before I post about it in the "rate out of ten" thread, but I'm not sure I can be bothered.

With the lack of new episodes over this week or so thanks to shows finishing and the holidays coming up, I have finally been able to get my teeth into my Gundam 00 rewatch. I might as well post about season one in the "rate out of ten thread", but the first couple of episodes of season two warrant their own mention thanks to the way they manage to be extremely action-packed whilst also balancing out character (re)introductions and new plot set-up. Special shout-outs to the subtle character redesigns where appropriate, too, especially on the female side.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Sore Demo ep 12

Baw, what a sad episode, I would have maybe produced a few manly tears had I not known the manga's still running so hotori can't be dead
You should have also noticed that that chapter was taken from volume 2, and some of the other chapters from later volumes have already been animated. :p (unless my eyes deceived me)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back