Your viewing journal

By the Grace of the Gods
A promising premise let down by boring isekai tropes and a substandard production. Were this a show that simply focused on the main character collecting and researching slimes it would be more entertaining. It doesn't need him to be overpowered in magic and physical combat. This in turn leads to him receiving endless praise from everyone. Typical power fantasy. Maho Film also seems to be the kind of studio that would be better suited to a support role rather than leading production. The last episode in particular was woefully off model at points. Sadly the only thing this show will be good for is serving as an example of my issues with the industry.

I agree and was also bugged by how many creatures he killed when it's kinda supposed to be a nice gentle sort of show felt a bit of a tonal whiplash tbh.

Detective Conan episodes 756, 759-760, 763-766, 770-773, Detective Conan Movie 19: Sunflowers of Inferno (Film), 779-783, 785-788

Last edited:
mid-season review time!

Undead Murder Farce - my fav of the season so far. reminds me of shows like Baccano with great direction, snappy dialog with a large set of interesting characters etc. has the potential to maybe overreach with all the famous fictional characters popping up, but doing an admirable job so far.

My Happy Marriage - wasn't sure about this at the beginning, as it seemed a little bit Too Much with the over-the-top misery heaped on the main character. really enjoying it now though, I am a sucker for anime with historical settings (they had magic in the past, right?!?!)

Ooku: The Inner Chambers - speaking of period settings, I'm also a sucker for these Imperial Palace type shows (can't wait for Apothecary Diaries next season!) I came to this late as it's in Netflix jail, only watched the first couple of episodes but it's been fascinating so far, well written with very little of the usual anime tropes.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 7 Fixing up.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 385 A feeding fear.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 43 Drastic transformation.

Detective Conan episodes 792-793, 808-812, Detective Conan Movie 20: The Darkest Nightmare (Film), 814-815, 822-823, 827-828, 830-832, 836-837, 843-844, 847-849

Ten Little Gall Force & Scramble Wars (rewatch)

Not seen either of these spoof one-shots in a few years, but they're always fun to come back to. Wacky Races-alike Scramble Wars is the one I tend to like more as its comedy is less reliant on understanding specific references, but I think what struck me on this viewing was how well TLGF sells the idea of the original Gall Force being a movie that the characters are starring in, that we’re now watching the making of. The gag about Sonoda building a dummy/puppet of Catty for an effects shot, then being mortified at the thought of it having to be destroyed, seemed particularly well observed - I feel you'd need a reasonable degree of knowledge about the movie-making process to even think of that.

I also did not remember at all that Vision was in Scramble Wars. Perhaps her team getting unceremoniously put out of the race after they've just started was a nod to her failing to take over as the main character of Bubblegum Crisis as originally planned...
Scramble Wars is great. I always like a good Wacky Races homage. Osomatsu-san season 1 has another great one (Iyami Strikes Back), and of course Redline was pretty much Wacky Races: The Movie. I feel like I've seen one or two other anime do this too, but can't remember which shows.

As I'm going to be receiving some new stuff soon, I thought I'd better get moving with a couple of titles.

Minani Kamakura High School Girls Cycling Club
I started this a while ago but that's it finished. It's been good for my mental health. Watching people become friends over an activity, with no conflict and everyone is helpful. If only.
It was great seeing what Hane from Bakuon got up to before she got her motorbike.
Now on to Long Riders.

Taisho Baseball Girls
Episodes 11+12
Finished.
A wonderful show.

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 19

Classroom for Heroes Episode 6

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 45

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 7

Liar Liar Episode 7

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Episode 30

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 6

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 6

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 Episode 18

Classroom for Heroes episode 6 Ride.

Dark Gathering episode 6 Blessing.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 6 Experience.

One Piece episode 1072 Who are you?

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 18 Work hard.

Detective Conan episodes 850, 853-854, 861-864, 866-867, 872-874, Detective Conan Movie 21: The Crimson Love Letter (Film), 878-879, 881-882

Scramble Wars is great. I always like a good Wacky Races homage. Osomatsu-san season 1 has another great one (Iyami Strikes Back), and of course Redline was pretty much Wacky Races: The Movie. I feel like I've seen one or two other anime do this too, but can't remember which shows.

Appare Ranman did the Wacky Races kind of racing as well, I think, but I never saw enough of that to see the actual race start :/

Ladies vs Butlers rewatch: for research purposes., I swear! (I went to the Anime & Gaming convention as a butler). :)

Non Non Biyori Repeat: It's all very zen, isn't it? And a good way of not having to show them getting older, by showing different exciting episodes that didn't make it into the first series. Will they get older in Nonstop? I shall soon find out.

Ladies vs Butlers rewatch: for research purposes., I swear! (I went to the Anime & Gaming convention as a butler). :)

Non Non Biyori Repeat: It's all very zen, isn't it? And a good way of not having to show them getting older, by showing different exciting episodes that didn't make it into the first series. Will they get older in Nonstop? I shall soon find out.
I think you can class it as a training video.

Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Episode 7 Breaking In.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Season 2 Episode 19 Ambush and alliance.

Sweet Reincarnation Episode 8 Scheming.

The Dreaming Boy is a Realist Episode 7 Outing.

Back