Dark Gathering ep 5
Women's intuition.

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence ep 4
New acquaintance.

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 e5
Taking a path.

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces ep 6
Sleep over.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari 2nd Season episode 18 Ambush.

Detective Conan episodes 668, 671-676, 681-685, 690-691, Detective Conan Movie 17: Private Eye in the Distant Sea (Film)

finally finished Zeta Gundam. really enjoyed it, especially the second half when things start hotting up. the amount of times someone would go on an unauthorised trip in a mobile suit made me laugh though, you'd think after a couple of times they'd clamp down on that sort of thing.

🫡 all hail my new queen 🫡

tumblr_no560sneTt1uojkndo4_r1_1280.png

Synduality Noir ep 5
Become one.

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 5
Party time.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale s2 e5
Haunted house.

The Gene of AI ep 5
Fixing obsessions.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades ep 5
Attracting the wrong attention.

My Tiny Senpai ep 5
Christmas.

Undead Murder Farce ep 5
Letter of intent.
This just turned into something akin to The League of Extraordinary Gentleman with a Japanese twist with all the characters introduced in this episode.

TenPuru ep 5
Do what makes you happy.

Liar Liar ep 6
Hide and seek.

Ten Little Gall Force & Scramble Wars (rewatch)

Not seen either of these spoof one-shots in a few years, but they're always fun to come back to. Wacky Races-alike Scramble Wars is the one I tend to like more as its comedy is less reliant on understanding specific references, but I think what struck me on this viewing was how well TLGF sells the idea of the original Gall Force being a movie that the characters are starring in, that we’re now watching the making of. The gag about Sonoda building a dummy/puppet of Catty for an effects shot, then being mortified at the thought of it having to be destroyed, seemed particularly well observed - I feel you'd need a reasonable degree of knowledge about the movie-making process to even think of that.

I also did not remember at all that Vision was in Scramble Wars. Perhaps her team getting unceremoniously put out of the race after they've just started was a nod to her failing to take over as the main character of Bubblegum Crisis as originally planned...

Leda: The Fantastic Adventure of Yohko (1985)

Honestly, I should have watched this sooner. The plot, about a young woman transported to another world, is a bit familiar by today’s standards, but the action is very well done, and I loved the art design in this one. Unlike the usual visual tropes you’d expect in fantasy anime, it seems to be drawing heavily on the work of French artist Moebius, giving it a really distinctive look and feel.

Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season episode 55 Hide.

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Wander the Dungeon episode 6 Durability.

Undead Murder Farce episode 6 Head-napped.

Detective Conan episodes 723-725, 727-728, 731-732, 734, Detective Conan Movie 18: The Sniper from Another Dimension (Film)

My Happy Marriage ep 6
Defiance.

The Duke of Death and His Maid s2 e5
Chaos at the circus.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari s2 e6
New digs.

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence ep 5
Mischievous fairies.

Undead Murder Farce ep 6
Many meetings.

Finally settled into the new season so it's time for a mid-season review. First out of the way are the series I've dropped. Those being The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today, The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses and Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout. I'm simply not strong enough to survive two GoHands series even as a bit. I also just didn't vibe with Atelier Ryza. I found that first episode to be pretty bland even as someone who enjoys the more chilled out series. Now for the shows I'm sticking with.

BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!
My current seasonal favourite. The latest addition to the franchise and perhaps one of the more accessible. The story has a heavier tone than past seasons but still maintains the energy the franchise is known for. Sanzigen's animation is great as usual.

Yohane the Parhelion -SUNSHINE in the MIRROR-
Really happy to see this April Fools' joke get turned into an actual series. It's fun to see all these characters again in a fantasy setting especially with Yohane as the focus character.

Undead Murder Farce
A supernatural detective duo with some good macabre humour and an ensemble of public domain characters. After a great first arc it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead
A more positive take on the zombie genre. Very fun art direction and animation especially when it comes to the gore.

Farming Life in Another World (English Dub) Episode 10

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 Episode 17 Concerned.

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior Episode 6 Punishment.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 6 Fighting spirits.

Spy Classroom Season 2 episode 17 Fingertips.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 Part 2 episode 17 Losing Contact.

Detective Conan episodes 738-741, 744-749, 751-752, 754-755

Last edited:
Taisho Baseball Girls
Episodes 8-10
Training camp with Anna Curtland

Golden Kamuy S3
Episodes 8+9

I also watched the first hour of Sakra with Donnie Yen. Attention span and all that. Pretty good but not liking the CGI very much.

By the Grace of the Gods
A promising premise let down by boring isekai tropes and a substandard production. Were this a show that simply focused on the main character collecting and researching slimes it would be more entertaining. It doesn't need him to be overpowered in magic and physical combat. This in turn leads to him receiving endless praise from everyone. Typical power fantasy. Maho Film also seems to be the kind of studio that would be better suited to a support role rather than leading production. The last episode in particular was woefully off model at points. Sadly the only thing this show will be good for is serving as an example of my issues with the industry.

Back