Your viewing journal

Finished Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle. Does anyone else think the demon prince and the idiot hero look very much alike?

Rewatched Sing A Bit Of Harmony, not on a tiny airplane screen. Tried with the dub for about ten minutes but the singing just seemed wrong. My favourite song is the one where they are doing the wrestling warm-up.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart
Episode 3
I've seen nothing so controversial that should cause protests. Yet.
Usual jokes (and jealousy) around the busty Idol and the ending credits are a bit risque.

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart
Episode 3
I've seen nothing so controversial that should cause protests. Yet.
Usual jokes (and jealousy) around the busty Idol and the ending credits are a bit risque.
People protested that anime? That's hilarious. I can guess which character caused the protests though, I don't think has had much of an appearance or any at all by episode 3.

My Tiny Senpai ep 4
Dressing up.

Liar Liar ep 5
Drawing out the enemy.

The Duke of Death and His Maid s2 e4
Circus act.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari s2 e5
The next step.

Blue Orchestra ep 17
Brother from another mother, literally!

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces (Japanese) - Episode 5

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (Japanese) - Episode 4

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) (Japanese) - Episode 4

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (Japanese) - Episode 4

Skip and Loafer (Japanese) - Episode 6 - 7

People protested that anime? That's hilarious. I can guess which character caused the protests though, I don't think has had much of an appearance or any at all by episode 3.
Yeah, there were local protests about the content and that it was showing the area in a poor light.
I'm finding it a bit bland but I will continue.

Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)

I have been wanting to watch VHD again for while, just one of those mood things, I still love it and looks gorgeous in HD.

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 147 - 157 (Blu-ray)
Only a handful of episodes to go...

Synduality Noir - Episode 3

Still quite enjoying this.

I must be one of the few people who think the Rebuild series is consistently strong all the way through. Never really understood the dislike for 3.33 and I consider 3.0+1.0 to be a wonderful ending to the franchise.

I really like the Rebuild films and how they took the story in a different direction, I thought the 4th film closed the story out really well (although I do agree with some of the comments about the CGI) and I'm looking to watching all 4 films again with the Anime Ltd release of 3.0+1.0.

Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season episode 54 Sanity.

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Wander the Dungeon episode 5 Stick it to ‘em.

Undead Murder Farce episode 5 Treasure.

Detective Conan episodes 532-534, 537-538, 542-543, 545-546, 549-552

Memories (English) - Movie 2 (Stink Bomb) - Movie 3 (Cannon Fodder) (Complete)

This was a great anthology, Stink Bomb was my favourite but really enjoyed Magnetic Rose as well. Cannon Fodder not so much but it wasn't bad and really liked the unique art style, it was also the shortest of the three movies. The English cast was fantastic as well though when I heard Mike Pollock in Stink Bomb all I could really think of was Dr. Eggman admittedly, not that is a bad thing though as I enjoy his work.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 29 Push yourself.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 5 Poke.

Spy Classroom Season 2 episode 16 Rigged.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 Part 2 episode 16 Family freeze.

Detective Conan episodes 557-561, Detective Conan Movie 14: The Lost Ship in the Sky (Film), 563-564

Looking for Magical Doremi
A fun coming of age movie with focus on childhood nostalgia and fandom. While I'm not too familiar with Magical Doremi the movie does a great job of making itself accessible as it focuses more on the fans rather than the show itself. The three lead characters were all great fun to watch as they navigate adult life while bonding over their childhood interest in Magical Doremi. The production itself also looked pretty great with Yoshihiko Umakoshi's fantastic designs and fun animation direction.

Sonny Boy
In the current anime landscape it's pretty rare to come across a series as unique and creator driven as Sonny Boy. It's definitely an unconventional series but even so writer-director Shingo Natsume has crafted a powerful story of society and youth. Each episode presents a different world or conflict with great art and animation direction to depict these situations. Keiichiro Saito's Episode 8 in particular was a highlight of the series, pulling no punches when showing Yamabiko's tragic past. The duo of Shingo Natsume and producer Yuichiro Fukushi is as strong as always but special mention must go to Shinichiro Watanabe who served as music advisor. He curated a great soundtrack featuring 11 artists, some with different styles but all very fitting for the project. Really looking forward to Natsume's next project.

Back