Your viewing journal

It could also be a similar case to Inception and Paprika where many have assumed an anime's influence on Nolan's work. Planet of the Apes has also dealt with time dilation so the idea predates Gunbuster.

I think the entire time dilation thing is also based in scientific fact/theory about how time works differently under gravity, so all of the above probably got it from that as the origin.

Stuff based in real fact is cool and I appreciate how weird science stuff can translate into a compelling bit of entertainment in it's own right.

Record of Ragnarok
Episode 1
For me a great first episode. Set up sorted quickly. Wish the clip Netflix showed was better. Would've started this ages ago.

Little Witch Academia
Episodes 1+2
Gave me a happy glow watching this.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 28 High.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 4 Warp.

Spy Classroom Season 2 episode 15 Quit.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 Part 2 episode 15 Ask directly.

Detective Conan episodes 406-408, 411-412, 415-417, 421-422, 425

Farming Life in Another World (English Dub) Episode 8

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 Episode 15

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior Episode 4

Chidori RSC episodes 1 - 12

An interesting series (although nothing too exciting) involving rifles which shoot light.

Hardly any male characters (think the only oned which had a speaking part were a couple of dads) and hardly any fan service (other than a few shots of a couple of the girls in bra shots)

Is this good? I was sort of interested but I read the animation quality wasn't amazing.
That's me finished 4 episodes and I'm really enjoying it. Big fights.
I'm very guilty of not worrying about animation quality so I won't be able to get all technical.
The main characters are reasonably well done. The background is certainly rougher/cheaper? and there are stills used. Especially with the crowd. Hope this is helpful.
Did I mention Aphrodite?

That's me finished 4 episodes and I'm really enjoying it. Big fights.
I'm very guilty of not worrying about animation quality so I won't be able to get all technical.
The main characters are reasonably well done. The background is certainly rougher/cheaper? and there are stills used. Especially with the crowd. Hope this is helpful.
Did I mention Aphrodite?

Can do worse than trying it out I suppose! Will get my backlog down a bit firs though.

It's funny as I watched these in the opposite order so I wound up seeing the time dilation stuff from Interstellar, when in reality Gunbuster probably influenced Interstellar quite a bit with how this played out.
It's like how they say that Inception was definitely not influenced by Paprika, nor Black Swan by Perfect Blue heh.
It could also be a similar case to Inception and Paprika where many have assumed an anime's influence on Nolan's work. Planet of the Apes has also dealt with time dilation so the idea predates Gunbuster.
Ditto
Dino Girl Gauko
I'm super angry and I'll burn everything
This is hilarious, my daughter loves it and the show gets brownie points for irritating wifey whilst the two of us are cackling away.

Record of Ragnarok
Episodes 4-7

Kuruko's Basketball
Episodes 3-7
Had the practice game, now on to the competition. Bit by the numbers but I'm not complaining. It's not often I binge so much.

Dragon Pilot
Episode 2

Werewolf: The Teriyaki Boys
Finale
Johnny turns out to be a raccoon pretending to be a werewolf. And he's a girl.

 Wednesday

Non-Anime

 Barbie - Movie

Don't usually post about non-anime stuff which isn't in the realm of like comic book / video game adaptations and the like but this movie was fantastic, had such a great time with it and the cast was great. Ryan Gosling as Ken stole the show but Margot Robbie was perfect as Barbie as well. Got a lot of laughs out of it and some great music numbers as well as it having a nice message. It had an all around great style as well, visually entertaining. Look forward to re-watching this in the future.

 Thursday

Non-Anime

Secret Invasion - Episode 6

I enjoyed this show overall though I felt it had its strongest moments earlier on which goes for a lot of the Disney+ MCU shows and like the majority it unfortunately had a rushed final episode and I'm kind of mixed on said episode. Was great seeing Nick Fury get the spotlight though as who doesn't enjoy Samuel L. Jackson and Talos really got to shine as well. Had a good cast of new characters as well with Olivia Colman as Sonya Falsworth being my favourite addition of the new characters. Like most other MCU shows it isn't perfect but it was still an enjoyable experience for the most part which I know isn't a popular opinion but I had a good time.

Ranma 1/2 ep33

As a character, diminutive letcher Happosai is slightly less grating than I expected, but he is already my least favourite addition to the series so far - why on earth Akane calls him cute is anyone‘s guess, maybe he had more development in the manga. Genma and Tendo attempting to seal him in a barrel and dispose of him in a cave does not seem entirely unjustified. Maybe I’m making my own jokes here, but I did get a laugh out of him beating up Ranma in an attempt to make him wear a bra, just because it reminded me of the ‘put on the glasses!’ fight from They Live.

Dirty Pair ep1

Agreed to do a watchalong for the original Dirty Pair with some other folk starting next month, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick to an episode a day, so figured I might as well get started now. The first ep is nice though, I think it does a good job of introducing all the characters’ personalities without feeling expository. It also strikes me on this viewing that the security officer in the control room appears to be Death Wish 3-era Charles Bronson, which is quite a mood.

Back