Your viewing journal

Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence ep 3
Ill fortune.
I know dense male leads and embarrassed to confess female leads are the norm in these sorts of rom-coms, but these 2 are the worst I've seen! The male support doesn't add much and, after the first episode which had some funny moments, the comedy has dried up too. New female support incoming, so it gets one more episode.

Jujutsu Kaisen s2 e4
Getting to the point.
Seems the arc is over. Gojo may have the charisma to be an MC, but he's way too OP. This episode also highlighted the one niggle I do have about this series, there's just too many different techniques and when most characters have at least 2, and each with many different forms to them, it's confusing AF. Can't wait to get back to Yuji and the gang after 2 lots of flashback stories from this series.

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 4
Aquarium trip.

Undead Murder Farce ep 4
Ice cold reasoning.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale s2 e4
Lighting up the room.

The Gene of AI ep 4
Virtual love.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades ep 4
Comrade-in-arms.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 5 Beach training.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 383 Bomb.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 41 Shifty.

Detective Conan episode 462, Detective Conan Movie 11: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure (Film), 463-467, 469-470, 472-474, 476, 477, 479, 481-482, 484-485, 487-488, 490

Am I Actually the Strongest? Episode 4 Targeted.

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 5 Visiting.

Liar Liar Episode 5 A cunning plan.

My Tiny Senpai Episode 4 Hobby and halloween

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 4 Reaping the rewards.

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 4 Matchmaker.

The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
Episode 8
Crikey, there's blood.

Triage X (rewatch)
Episodes 5+6
Aren't Idols wonderful.
Starlight Explosion.

HWR, only 600 episodes to go. Or is there?

Given we're a few episodes in now, updated seasonal rundown from me is below. This is all subjective.

Shout out to My Happy Marriage for instantly making it into my top of the season list, for anyone who hasn't tried it yet, if you like well-animated romance shows that take themselves seriously, this is the place.

It's like the time era of Violet Evergarden (set in Japan instead of Europe) with a Cinderalla origin story, and later sort of feels like Fruits Basket only better (in my view). Big fan of this so far along with the other two shows in my Great list.

New Shows

Great:

Zom 100
Undead Girl Murder Farce
My Happy Marriage

Good:

7 Spellblades
Dark Gathering
Atelier Ryza

Alright:

Heretical Villainess
Reborn as a Vending Machine

Continuations
all of which are great!

Bleach
Mushoku Tensei
Jujutsu Kaisen
Link Click (I will await the entire season to come out for this).

Dropped

Liar Liar
Masterful Cat
Ai no Idenshi
Classroom for Heroes

Seems the arc is over. Gojo may have the charisma to be an MC, but he's way too OP.

Do agree with this, especially as we know he survives as he's in the current timeline stuff, this may have had more impact had they animated these things chronologically where we didn't know the outcome ahead of time.

Still, last couple of episodes have been solid, looking forward to getting back on track though.

NieR:Automata Ver1.1a episodes 8-12. (finished)

I held off on this due to the production issues and delays. Is this worth watching up to episode 12 where this is, or should I wait for them to do the next part of the season first?

I probably won't follow the 2nd part week to week given how badly the 1st part went with the delays.

Classroom for Heroes episode 4 Proud parent.

Dark Gathering episode 4 Fiery drive.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 4 Moving on.

One Piece episode 1070 Live until we die.

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 16 Circus.

Detective Conan episodes 491-504, Detective Conan Movie 12: Full Score of Fear (Film), 505-509

Azur Lane: Queen's Order OVA 1-2

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 17

Classroom for Heroes Episode 4

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 43

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Episode 28

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 Episode 16

Zom100 ep3

My intent was really to watch this bi-weekly in two episode sittings, as it seemed like the sort of thing that wouldn’t have terribly good narrative progression in 20-minute chunks, but this one actually worked just fine. I kind of wanted to see more of what happened to the host club though, that felt like something straight out of Yakuza of the End. Just needed legally-distinct Majima…

Dirty Pair ep2

Think I’ve said it before, but it never ceases to impress me how well produced this series is. There’s just so much attention paid to background detail and unique mechanical / character design that’s only going to be used for a single episode - I kind of wonder if the animators at Sunrise were determined to one-up Space Adventure Cobra. Also this week’s guest star appears to be James Garner as he was in The Rockford Files.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari 2nd Season episode 17 No right to refuse.

Detective Conan episodes 510-511, 513-517, 521

Bungo Stray Dogs (Season 5) (Japanese) - Episode 53

Rent-A-Girlfriend (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 28

Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 28

Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Episode 5 Reacquainted.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Season 2 Episode 17 Can't refuse.

Sweet Reincarnation Episode 6 Kidnapped.

The Dreaming Boy is a Realist Episode 5 Sick.

Back