Your viewing journal

Dragon Ball S1
Episodes 1-4
I only bought it for episode 4. Crotch patting. You little rascal.
Come on now, I thought this was a sharing forum.
Why didn't anyone tell me this was written by the Carry On team and Benny Hill? 😠
I haven't laughed out loud so much for a while.

The Greatest Demon Lord is reborn as a Typical Nobody
Episodes 9-12 finished.
I enjoyed this show. How quickly I watch is a KPI. Nothing original but the second half turned things over. Although it was like 2 different shows.

Taisho Baseball Girls
Episodes 8+9
Both hilarious. Mistaken intentions, making movies, who is loved?
I knew the old man would be brilliant.
I also watched the beginning because there is a song showcasing Tokyo that I love.

Nattou Nattou
Get your Nattou.

Farming Life in Another World (English Dub) Episode 9

Reign of the Seven Spellblades Episode 5

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 Episode 16

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior Episode 5

Am I Actually the Strongest? Episode 5 Coerced.

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 6 Sleepover.

Liar Liar Episode 6 Hide and seek.

My Tiny Senpai Episode 5 Christmas in July.

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 5 Headhunter.

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 5 Misunderstanding.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 6 Flute practice and fancy treats.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 384 Airborne.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 42 Determination.

Detective Conan episodes 610, Detective Conan Movie 15: Quarter of Silence (Film), 611-628, 632-633, Detective Conan Movie 16: The Eleventh Striker (Film)

Undead Murder Farce ep3-5

Still having slightly mixed feelings about this one. I think the ‘locked room’ mystery could have been a little shorter - the investigation wasn’t hugely engaging and I’d have liked a stronger emotional payoff - and the reveal that the villain Aya is chasing is Professor Moriarty came as a disappointment to me. My original thought on seeing the ‘M’ cane was that we were going to get Mabuse the Gambler and they were going for a German Expressionist vibe, but no, we’re getting Holmes again. Oh well. If they’re actually doubling down and combining the two I’ll take it back, but I think that’s a stretch.

On the whole, I’m still interested, but my initial enthusiasm has waned a bit, and I’m starting to feel this is aimed at an audience which does not include me.

Angel Cop (rewatch, sort of)

Caught a little bit of this in its new remaster - I was quite taken aback at how good it looks now. It doesn’t change my opinion of the series overall, but the first few episodes are genuinely impressive, visually.

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Solid State Society (English dubbed) - finally got around to watching this (with a good friend who's a big fan) and it was very good, and well dubbed, I appreciate this franchise for exploring issues around ethics and philosophy in the way that it does and Makoto Kusanagi is pretty lit :)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - as good as the first one, looking forward to seeing Vol. 3 :)

Barbie (2023) - I knew this would be good, wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but was def worth seeing and the OST is excellent, I also liked how it had messages about self-acceptance for everyone rather than just for women :)

Elemental - A lovely romance, and I'm glad Pixar didn't play it safe with the musical score compared to something like, say, the recent Jungle Book remake where the score is different than the older animated version but still kind of run of the mill given all the beautiful Indian and Bollywood influences they could have taken inspiration from - this music actually has some flavour to it and I appreciated that. It did OK with critics, I'd rate it more highly than they did :)

Midnight in Paris (REWATCH) - one of Woody Allen's best IMO, making an interesting and important point about not living life in the past, in a charming and delightful way :)

Belle (REWATCH, English dubbed) - this film has come to mean so much to me, and while I understand people's criticisms of the ending, I do really appreciate the point they were trying to make about bystander culture, the music is utterly beautiful and I love Suzu's growth as a character :)

Azumanga Daioh (REWATCH, English subbed) - Still a really funny, cute comedy anime that holds up really really well, was an utter pleasure to revisit :)

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 18

Classroom for Heroes Episode 5

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 44

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Episode 29

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2 Episode 17

Classroom for Heroes episode 5 Attached.

Dark Gathering episode 5 Surveillance.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II episode 5 Hunting a cure.

One Piece episode 1071 Arise.

The Duke of Death and His Maid 2nd Season episode 17 Answer.

Detective Conan episodes 642-657, 659-662, 667

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 158 - 161 [Final] (Blu-ray)

So the TV series comes to a close. Which I am sad about, I have thoroughly enjoyed Ranma 1/2. Nattohen maybe didn't quite live up to the original season's animation or emotional writing highs but the whole thing entertained me and made me laugh from start to finish and I liked that it ended on a bittersweet note. Ranma 1/2 truly deserves its cult status.

Crusher Joe - The Movie (Blu-ray)

I love this film! Yes, it's a touch overlong but the action sequences are fantastic and it's a great action sci-fi flick. I watched Discotek's excellent Blu-ray disc this time round and it looks absolutely gorgeous, I had forgotten just how stunning the animation is Crusher Joe is, it's right up there with Royal Space Force Macross DYRL , Akira etc. And this is why I still buy discs, it came with a DTS-HD MA soundtrack which also sounded amazing on my surround system.

Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero Episode 6 Scuffles.

Malevolent Spirits: Monogatari Season 2 Episode 18 Theory.

Sweet Reincarnation Episode 7 Engagements.

The Dreaming Boy is a Realist Episode 6 Request and receive.

Back