Your viewing journal

Let's get this crap finished:
86 p2 eps 9-12 (complete)
The writing in this show is woeful!
They leave behind the so over the top evil country that you can't miss it and end up in a place that pretty much the opposite! No shades of grey whatsoever! Then there's the new characters in this part, the leader seems more like a elementary teacher than a leader of a nation, totally unbelievable, and then there's the annoying loli who either acts like a spoilt brat or spouts wisdom well beyond her years because she has a superpower, at least Shin's power gets a reasonable explanation even if it also dumb. Then there's Eugene who's death is so signposted by death flags that it lacks any emotional punch whatsoever! Then with the existing characters having escaped the war the 86 decide to go back to the battlefield for some bizarre reason (I forgot exactly why, I think they were bored and Shin wanted to retire all the ex-86 that are now Legion or something) and then there's Lena, having spent the entire first part getting to know her she hardly appears in it only in a BS move to be "killed" off, off screen! I put that in quotation marks because in another BS move she turns up alive somehow despite her country basically being wiped off the map and the last we saw of her was her leading the defence! It did give us that last scene though, which I'll admit got me a bit! Then there's the mission they go on which ends up basically the same as the end of the first part, where Shin has to "kill" (can you kill someone that's already dead) a relative, just in a bigger machine! Oh, and almost forgot, the rest of the 86 "sacrifice" themselves during the mission only to all be alive despite the overwhelming odds!
The art and animation is very good, but I still find the mech and how they move so agilely super unrealistic even for mecha shows.
5/10

CUE!
ep 12
Dream becomes reality.

Teasing Master Takagi-san s3 e12 (complete)
White Day.
Closer and closer. More of the same wholesome teasing, but feelings are getting stronger and some episodes definitely felt more like a normal romance series. I've progressively scored each series 1 higher than the previous one. I guess the film will get a 10 :)
9/10

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-16

Slow Loop episode 12 A good catch. (Complete. Another fishing SoL that I found quite the enjoyable watch and a highlight for the season.) 4/5

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3
episode 12 Gifts. (Complete. Another fun season of shorter stories plus some more comprehensive events.) 3.5/5

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2
episode 23 In the rain.

Isekei Quartet 2
More fun silly nonsense. Such a good show.

Funky Forest
What a bizarre but funny film. More a sketch show than a film really. Very surreal at times but it did have me laughing quite a lot.

Girls Und Panzer Das Finale 1 + 2
This show is so adorable and gentle at times and then crazy and action packed at others. A lot of fun to watch.

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 8

CUE! Episode 12 Viewing party.

Girls Frontline Episode 12 An explosive conclusion. (Complete. A post-apocalyptic sci-fi series that kept me entertained with it's weekly dose of girls with guns fights.) 3.5/5

Slow Loop
Episode 12 A decent catch. (Complete. Another CGDCT SoL anime that is centered around fishing. The interactions between the characters made for some endearing viewing.) 3.5/5

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 12 Reciprocating gifts. (Complete. Another enjoyable season of more wholesome teasing. With a film soon to come out, I'll definitely be watching that and I'm also hopeful that the manga sequel gets an anime.) 3.5/5

Slow Loop ep 12 (complete)
Photos.
A CGDCT, but with a bit more depth to it than others with themes of family, friendship and doing your own thing despite what others might think.
Typical bubbly art and animation for these type of shows, almost Doga Kobo like, but not quite there.
8/10

Akebi's Sailor Uniform
ep 12 (complete)
Performance.
Another chill SOL show. Akebi-chan is a bright and enthusiastic person (maybe a bit too much sometimes) and through interacting with the other girls brings something out of them too. Her interactions with her sister were fun too. Only down side was the occasional creepy shot of Akebi, a first year in middle school, getting dressed or undressed. There was also a fair bit of yuri bait, but that wasn't as bad.
Art was stunning and the animation very good, but seemed to dip ever so slightly as the season wore on.
8/10

My Dress-Up Darling
ep 12 (complete)
Summer Festival.
Super fun rom-com. Marin is probably the most idyllic anime girl ever for your average otaku, sexy, fun, likes anime and eroges, and is totally supportive of your hobby! Gojo on the other hand is probably the image conjured up when you think of your average otaku, a shut in with an obsession and very little social skills. But they ended up complimenting each other really well and a lot of their interactions were funny or sweet or both. There were many hilarious moments especially episode 11 and I loved the subversion of the summer festival trope in the last episode when the fireworks are going off and they're leaning into one another for a possible kiss only for Marin to shock Gojo with her blue tongue from her ice shaving flavouring 😂
Art and animation was very good. Loved both OP and ED.
9/10

All 3 were among my favourites of the season.

Last edited:
Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel 1 + 2 rewatch 3 first time
Great trilogy. Dark and brutal. The action is next level exceptional. Obviously you need to have seen the TV shows first to properly follow everything (Illyias story for instance is very underserved if you don’t alreay know about her) but they do a great job of using the movie format to tell this story and go really big on the action but also really pull you into Sakuras story. Given I despised Emiya when I first saw the original series (to the point I wasn't going to watch more FSN but Zero persuaded me to give UBW a shot) the last 15 mins had me shedding tears. It was a great ending to this story.

2022-03-26_50.png

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 17-19
My Dress-Up Darling (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-6
SABIKUI BISCO (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4
World's End Harem (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-6

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 12 Together. (complete. An endearing watch thanks to the cast and the relationships built across the series.) 4/5

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2
episode 25 Taste.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 24 Truths. (Complete. Though a decent entry into the Lupin franchise I didn’t find this part as good as prior series’.) 3.5/5

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster
Development Department
episode 11 Obsessive.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 12 Fireworks (Complete. This took a little while to grow on me but by the end I’d welcome another season.) 3.5/5

Banner of the Stars
episodes 1-13 & Banner of the Stars II episodes 1-5

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu Episodes 1 - 13

Latest title randomly picked out from my backlog, an interesting concept for a series where people who are old swords given human bodies are sent back in time to protect history another group who send other things back to try and change it.

Nice visuals

Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 9

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 22

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 9

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 6

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 12 (Complete. A pleasantly endearing SoL mixed with some yuri undertones to go along side the newly formed relationships by the cast that made this an enjoyable weekly watch.) 3.5/5

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Episode 25 Taste.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department Episode 11 Fixation.

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 12 Festival. (Complete. Cosplay dress-up fun with a likeable cast of characters which for me made this my AOTS.) 4/5

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest
Episode 12 Departure. (Complete. A generic and somewhat average fantasy series that doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Overall though it was okay.) 3/5

Beautiful Bones : Sakurako's Investigation
Excellent show. I love mystery shows and this was a great twist on the genre. The male lead was pretty annoying and lame a lot of the though but the female lead more than made up for him. And the supporting cast were well done. The cases were varied and interesting.

Last edited:
Back