Your viewing journal

Police in a Pod episode 13 Deplorable. (Complete. A refreshing take on the work-based slice of life as it deals with both the mundane and dark side of crime fighting with a likeable cast and attention to detail.) 4/5

Black Jack OVA
episodes 7-12 (Complete. A varied selection of mostly stand-alone stories which delved into both more realistic and fantastical scenarios. I found some more enjoyable than others, reflective of my overall rating.) 3.5/5

Black Jack The Movie (Film)
Asides from a plot which became a bit too melodramatic towards the end - ballad and all, this was a fairly decent watch. 3.5/5

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

In the Land of Leadale (English Dub) Episode 7

Police in a Pod Episode 13 Caught red-handed. (Complete. An intriguing insight into Japan's police force that focuses on the normal everyday occurrences to the more serious crimes and Incidences.) 4/5

Hakozume ep 13 (complete)
The long legs of the law.
An interesting and sometimes quite funny, but also occasionally dramatic look at the life of a rookie police officer. Lots of good characters and intricate details, you can tell the mangaka was an officer. I've put the manga* on my Bookwalker wishlist.
The art is quite unique and the animation was good.
8/10
*Affiliate link

I'm dropping Requiem of the Rose King because it's too confusing. Complicated real historical politics filtered through Shakespeare with added modern gender themes in Japanese! That last part would have been rectified by waiting for the dub, but that wouldn't have helped the boring art and the poor/non-existent animation. And that would have been that for Funimation except my monthly payment went through today! There's still some shows on my queue that haven't made it to Crunchyroll yet, so I might try to get some of them watched in the coming month.

SABIKUI BISCO eps 11 & 12 (complete)
From the rust.
The story was occasionally confusing and parts of the world was a little too out there, but the action was good. It was quite old school with crazy action with a metal OST reminded me of the old school trailers from Manga Entertainment, especially the climax. There were a couple of nods to 80s films I spotted in the finale, Nausicaa with the giant and how it attacked and died and Akira with the bad guy getting crushed like Kaori.
Another show with fairly unique art and good animation.
7/10

Love of Kill
eps 11 & 12 (complete)
What's in a name?
I thought this was going to be a black comedy about professional killers falling in love, instead it was a mystery show with some of those elements although neither were done particularly well. The central mystery is about the past of the 2 MCs and how they met in the past, and although we got an answer it was only a partial one and could have come straight after they first meet, but instead we get strung along with a load of villains trying to off one or both which added nothing to the mystery. And then it ends with seemingly more to come, but I doubt there will be. Apart from the mystery surrounding them neither were particularly compelling characters and whilst she seemed quite capable always ended up as the damsel in distress!
The art was that lacklustre style that a lot of dramas I've seen have and animation was standard.
5/10

That's Winter almost done, just the final episode of AoT:FS p2, when ever that shows up and Vanitas s2 to finish tomorrow, which will also see the first episodes of some Spring shows.

2022-03-31_49.png

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (Japanese audio) - Episode 25
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation (Japanese audio) - OVA
My Dress-Up Darling (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
Princess Connect! Re: DIVE Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
SABIKUI BISCO (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 episode 12 Aftermath. (Complete. Though still not a great series this second season engage me more than I recall the first did.) 3/5

Black Jack TV
episodes 1-14

The Executioners Way of Life ep 1
Didn't realise this was isekai rather than fantasy. At least it's not going to be a male power fantasy as it seems all the main cast are female. Seems like the MC may have been isekai'd herself and will play into the plot. Did like the subversion of the trope that knowledge from our world would be a powerful tool!

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai ep 1
Fairly amusing so far. Aharen-san's behaviour is odd to say the least though.

RikeKoi s2 e1
Swapping saliva.

Haganai season 1 complete, and half the live action movie: Generally likeable series of a bunch of misfits. Pity Yuzuki is such a bitch (which was funny for a couple of episodes, but the nastiness isn't mellowing into friendship. Probably because the only reason she created the friendship club was to be alone with Hasegawa, and then all these rivals turned up). The live movie is entertaining and the occasional fan service is weird after so long only seeing it on anime characters. Will watch the rest when work quietens down.

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai episode 1 Communication.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu episodes 1-3 Happy to see this adaption return.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ episode 1 Desires and saliva.

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2 episode 24 Rooftop talk. (Complete. The second part to the season didn’t shy away from some darker content especially towards the end.) 3.5/5

The Executioner and Her Way of Life
episode 1 Misaligned.

Black Jack TV episodes 15-32

Fuuka Episodes 1-12

Nice story with music, although could see the ending coming a mile off

Pan de Peace! Episodes 1 - 13

Short episodes, nice SoL show

Lupin III: Part 1 ep9-10

It would probably be unfair to accuse Miyazaki of recycling ideas, but I think you can really see the genus of what would become Castle of Cagliostro in these two episodes. It’s more obvious in 9, as Lupin tries to flush out a master counterfeiter hiding in a booby trapped clock tower, but 10 I think might be the first time Lupin has been positioned as an altruistic hero - seeing him put his neck on the line for a complete stranger that the villain has kidnapped.

If it were a bit darker in tone, 10 would actually be a good potential remake for the current Takeshi Koike strand of Lupin; it’s down to earth and has strong action scenes. The setup of having the villain blackmail Lupin into committing a heist for him is also something I’m surprised hasn’t cropped up more in the recent anime, it works really well here.

Haganai live action movie (second hour): I did enjoy it but the majority of the second half had our main characters trapped in a dating sim gone haywire. Some of the cast could have stayed home, so few lines did they have. A lot darker than the anime with extra characters (not having read the manga, I can't say which was closer to the original).

Amagami SS episodes 21-24 and OVA's: well, the last scenario was a bit darker and there were a lot of unanswered questions. Interesting to note that, when the first scenario began, our hero had no female friends, but by the last all the girlfriends he had been with in alternate universes are now old buddies. The two OVA's were very much a stalker's charter. It's all been so exciting I can't remember the name of a single character.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 26 A tale to be told. (Complete. A fairly solid second half to the season though the twist in the final episode makes me wonder where the plot may go in the future.) 3.5/5

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2
episode 1 Exchange student.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster
Development Department
episode 12 Research complete. (Complete. A fairly charming series which may have gone overlooked this season.) 3.5/5

Black Jack TV
episodes 33-50

March 31st - April 2nd.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 10

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 7

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 9

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 23

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 10

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 7

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 1 Communicate.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 Episode 12 Aftermath. (Complete. Another average season from this series that isn't much better than the first bust still manages somehow to keep me watching.) 3/5

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
Episode 26 An untold tale. (Complete. A fairly solid second half to this series for what has been one the better fantasy isekai's in recent times.) 3.5/5

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2
Episode 1 Rival.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department Episode 12 Banded together. (Complete. Charming with it's multitude characters which made this somewhat more amusing and enjoyable than it should have been.) 3/5

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ
Episode 1 Seduction and seliva.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life Episode 1 Misaligned.

Princess Principal-Crown Handler 1-Rewatched this with the (excellent, accents and all) english dub. Damn but I love this show!! The capper at the end of Crown Handler 2 was just fantastic, too.

Back