Your viewing journal

Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon - Arrow of the Orion: Enjoyable but it seemed a bit to short for some reason.

Campione episodes 10-13: Finally got to see how this ends. Action packed all the way to the finish. A few moments of melodrama (in the intermediate world) and a bit too much confusing mythical information thrown out in the heat of battle, but enjoyable.

Love of Kill ep 10
Slumming it.

CUE! ep 11
Unexpected homecoming.

SABIKUI BISCO ep 10
Giant problem.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform ep 11
Practice time.

My Dress-Up Darling ep 11
A case of mistaken reservation.

Absolute Duo Episodes 1 -12

Latest title from my backlog, Interesting concept for a fighting series mixed with a bit of "all the girls (whom mostly have oversized assets) fall for the main male character"..

Last edited:
Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 8

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 21

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 8

My Senpai is Annoying (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 5

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 11 Practice.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 24 Decision.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department Episode 10 To the stage.

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 11 Provocative situation.

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 11 Looming threat.

Amagami SS episodes 1-4: Not sure if I'll make it all the way through this dating SIM adaptation. Ah well, if I don't it was only a fiver for the lot. :)

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 12 Meeting. (Complete. It was nice to finally see the season completed and I found it to be a solid watch overall.) 3.5/5

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform
episode 11 Friends.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 24 New life.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 22 Stolen truth.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 10 Idol.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 11 Deep Breath.

Arion (Film) Whilst the animation has some high points the story is a bit all over the place though had its moments also. 2.5/5

Baki the Grappler
episodes 1-14

Outlaw Star eps 1 to 5 (or 6)

What could be lazily described as the poor man's Cowboy Bebop, but very lazily as it's nothing like Cowboy Bebop at all. Thus it fails to fill the hole in one's heart that Bebop leaves there. It's crazy to think the two shows came out the same year as Outlaw Star seems lightyears more dated. Still, I was enjoying the garish old school aesthetic and colourful characters, however the most recent episode I watched may have lost me with its nasty and cheap 90s comedy homophobia. Just do one Outlaw Star.

Black Lagoon rewatch
Great show. Heavy, dark, OTT, funny, action packed and crucially does a lot of great character work with Rock and Revy. The rest of the cast are great too. Everyone is so distinct and in many ways ridiculous but the show pulls it off and sucks you into the world as mad as it is.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun complete series: Well done to the people who recommended this in the MVM sale last week. It reminded me a lot of Ouran High School Host Club in its comedic style. I also especially loved the background music. All round excellent entertainment. Deserves a second season.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 86 Reasoning.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 241 Come back.

Shenmue the Animation episode 7 True strength.

Baki the Grappler episodes 15-33

Amagami SS episodes 5-8: Alternative dating scenario #2. I get the feeling he's going to kiss each girl on a different body part (so far, it's the back of the knee in a shed and the belly button in the library shelves). Meh.

Carol

A middling 1990 OVA, Carol had a few good ideas but didn't develop them very well.

Mai Mai Miracle (Blu-ray)

I really enjoyed Mai Mai Miracle. I had already seen Sunao Katabuchi's later film In this Corner of the World (which I absolutely adored) and you can see a clear familiarity in his style in Mai Mai Miracle.

Macross 7 - Episodes 19 & 20 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 74 - 76 (Blu-ray

Arion (Film) Whilst the animation has some high points the story is a bit all over the place though had its moments also. 2.5/5

Arion is one of my all time favourite anime films but I can see where you're coming from.

Mai Mai Miracle (Blu-ray)

I really enjoyed Mai Mai Miracle. I had already seen Sunao Katabuchi's later film In this Corner of the World (which I absolutely adored) and you can see a clear familiarity in his style in Mai Mai Miracle.

I'll admit I only managed to finish Mai Mai Miracle when I watched it dubbed but I did think it was a nice movie and I'd watch it again, I believe Sunao Katabuchi also directed Princess Arete which I consider to be utterly magical and have watched several times :)

Arion is one of my all time favourite anime films but I can see where you're coming from.

I think the animation is very cool in that one overall but I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I can see why you would hold such a high opinion of it though, it is beautiful and epic. I think once was enough for me for that one but I wouldn't mind rewatching The Venus Wars and Crusher Joe (same director) as I remember generally liking those. Wandering if you've seen Giant Gorg and what you thought of it? It's been on my list of things I most want to watch for a long time but I haven't gotten round to it yet :)

EDIT: They're doing a blu-ray box of Giant Gorg in 2022! Fingers crossed Discotek does a US release :)

:)

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (English Dub) Episode 81

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc (English Dub) Episode 5

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 86

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Season 2 Episode 11

Back