Your viewing journal

Slow Loop episode 10 To the stage.

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 episode 10 Secret.

The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2 episode 21 Inside.

World’s End Harem episode 10 Eliminate.

After School Dice Club (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 (Complete. A nice rewatch for a series I enjoyed back in 2019.) 3.5/5

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 4

Girls Frontline (English Dub) Episode 6

Restaurant to Another World Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Arifureta : From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 Episode 9

CUE! Episode 10

Girls Frontline Episode 10

Slow Loop Episode 10

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 Episode 10

World's End Harem (Uncensored) Episode 10

3x3 Eyes & 3x3 Eyes: Legend of the Divine Demon A supernatural ova series and its sequel which had their moments but were otherwise a bit mixed for me. 3/5, 2.5/5

I'm currently watching the second half of Season 2 of Disney's Gargoyles and I read last night on Wikipedia that a lot of the Pioneer English dub cast for 3x3 Eyes are also in Gargoyles (yes, including Keith David!) so I will rewatch 3x3 Eyes dubbed in English soon (I have seen it before on the US DVDs but watched in Japanese) and see what I make of it now :) Really enjoying Gargoyles, it's a shame that S3 is by most accounts pretty lackluster so I don't think I'll be watching that.

I finished Battle Athletes Victory and the Battle Athletes OVA series, both were a lot of fun with very good English dubs and I'd recommend them (just be forewarned that the OVAs are quite racy in places if you're gonna watch them with company, but I wish more anime with fanservice scenes had this much effort put into characterisation so I'm not dissing the series for it - honestly, unless there are major gaps in my knowledge, this is one of the least creepy, most wholesome things AIC ever produced in this time period, apart from the Oh My Goddess OVAs which are mostly pretty innocent). I'm on episode 12 of Sound! Euphonium Season 1 :)

86 EIGHTY-SIX Part 2 episode 11 Speech.

Akebi’s Sailor Uniform episode 10 Cheer.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2 episode 23 Runaway.

Lupin III: Part VI episode 21 Support.

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department episode 9 Reach the beach.

My Dress-Up Darling episode 10 Fault.

Akame Ga Kill! episodes 1-18

Akebi's Sailor Uniform (English Dub) Episode 7

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 20

My Dress-Up Darling (English Dub) Episode 7

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest (English Dub) Episode 4

Akebi's Sailor Uniform Episode 10

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 23

Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department Episode 9

My Dress-Up Darling Episode 10

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest Episode 10

Super Crooks ep12-13 (End)

The last couple of episodes were a definite improvement on the little dip just before them, but overall this series definitely struggles when it’s not doing flashy set pieces. It’s a consistently good looking show and the action is great, with strangely loving attention paid to gore, but I’m at a loss to know what happened with the writing.

It’s not even just that there’s very little to the characters, it’s like the series consciously avoids numerous chances to develop them beyond the absolute bare essentials, even seeming to set up future developments with no pay-off. Thought this guy’s unhappy childhood would influence him as an adult? Nope. Thought the well-dressed smarmy dude was a love rival? No sir. Thought one of the older characters was someone‘s estranged father? Nah.

Apparently, only the last four episodes of the series are actually adapted from Mark Millar’s source comic, with the rest credited to Dai Sato and Tsukasa Kondo, working from additional material provided by Millar. Given that Sato in particular is usually a safe pair of hands with more western-styled content, it’s tempting to assume that they were under strict instructions not to deviate from the outline they were given, and that did not provide enough to flesh out 13 episodes, but we may never know the exact circumstances. To the series credit, I also likely wouldn’t have picked up on the change in writing if it hadn’t been drawn to my attention.

I would still mildly recommend the series, particularly if you’re into grue (not really my thing, although I can appreciate the attention to detail), but overall it does frustrate me. This is a production of real quality, crying out for better material.

SABIKUI BISCO ep 9
Rust to rust.

CUE! ep 10
Getting it down.

Love of Kill ep 9
Interrogation.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 9
Sleep.

Akebi's Sailor Uniform ep 10
Leading the cheers.

The Case Study of Vanitas s2 eps 8 & 9
Love sick and memories.

My Dress-Up Darling ep 10
Stylist.

Saturday watch:
86 EIGHTY SIX (Japanese audio) - Episode 22

Today watch:
Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 26

I do plan to watch more anime, but recently I've been in the gaming zone (and other factors that have gotten in the way). There are a few more shows I also intend to watch but I'm waiting on Funimation to add those titles onto Crunchyroll.

The ones on my to-watch list currently are:
  • ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2
  • The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2
  • My Dress-up Darling
  • The Orbital Children
  • Princess Connect! Re: DIVE Season 2
  • Sabikui Bisco
  • World's End Harem

Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon season 2 episodes 1-9: Loads of action, hardly any taking place in a dungeon. So much action, I don't think I've seen more than a half dozen boob jokes so far! Will finish the series after sleepy time.

I've finished Sound! Euphonium Season 1 (including the bonus OVA episode, all subbed) and I loved it, a really great series and I hope to watch the rest at some point, better writing than most other Kyoto Animation series as well IMO, and it now shares the top spot with Nodame Cantabile as one of my two favourite classical music themed anime :)

Have now popped Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 in the PS3 in my bedroom to continue from where I left off at the start of episode 6 tomorrow (watching that subbed too as IMO the dub's not the best) - I'm partly watching this now so I'll be fully caught up before Season 3 comes out :)

I've also watched most of Season 2 of Disney's Gargoyles now (I'm most of the way through episode 62 of the 65 that make up Season 1 and 2 combined), great series would recommend even if you're not much into Disney's animated works generally (I enjoy a fair bit of their stuff but objectively this is an outlier in it's overall vibe compared to much of their other stuff, and I'm not surprised that it was their attempt at a worthy rival for Warner Brothers' Batman: The Animated Series). After I finish Season 2, as I'm not gonna be watching Season 3 I will likely watch the last 6 episodes or so of Kaleido Star Season 2 as I've been meaning to finally get around to that for a long time, I honestly do think Season 2 is good and my issues with it are more it's outlook on work and effort (short version: I'm disabled and can't just push through things the way anime characters usually do and consider that aspect of anime to be rather toxic if I'm honest) than it's objective overall quality as a series in terms of writing and characterisation/story, so I will at least try to finish this season. Might be interesting to rewatch it all one day as a single 4-cour series, as there was a big gap between my viewing of Seasons 1 & 2 :)

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 episode 85 Plan in motion.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 240 Wave.

Shenmue the Animation episode 6 Practice.

Akame Ga Kill! episodes 19-24 (Complete. A decent watch though the final episodes show their anime-only construct.) 3.5/5

Anne of Green Gables
episodes 1-12

I'm currently watching the second half of Season 2 of Disney's Gargoyles and I read last night on Wikipedia that a lot of the Pioneer English dub cast for 3x3 Eyes are also in Gargoyles (yes, including Keith David!) so I will rewatch 3x3 Eyes dubbed in English soon (I have seen it before on the US DVDs but watched in Japanese) and see what I make of it now :) Really enjoying Gargoyles, it's a shame that S3 is by most accounts pretty lackluster so I don't think I'll be watching that.

I finished Battle Athletes Victory and the Battle Athletes OVA series, both were a lot of fun with very good English dubs and I'd recommend them (just be forewarned that the OVAs are quite racy in places if you're gonna watch them with company, but I wish more anime with fanservice scenes had this much effort put into characterization so I'm not dissing the series for it - honestly, unless there are major gaps in my knowledge, this is one of the least creepy, most wholesome things AIC ever produced in this time period, apart from the Oh My Goddess OVAs which are mostly pretty innocent). I'm on episode 12 of Sound! Euphonium Season 1 :)
I have the Battle Athletes Victory and ova series on dvd and I don't remember them being particularly nasty or lewd, as a matter of fact they seemed rather tame compared to a lot of anime.

I have the Battle Athletes Victory and ova series on dvd and I don't remember them being particularly nasty or lewd, as a matter of fact they seemed rather tame compared to a lot of anime.

They're not nasty I agree, I was comparing with other AIC anime there, as for lewd your mileage may vary, I more meant the OVAs than the TV series, and none of the content bothered me :)

Gdleen

Amusing one shot sci-fi/fantasy OVA from 1989

Night Walker Eradication of Evil Karura Dance: Nara Onyrou Scroll

Watched this as part of general research for podcast content, was a pretty decent supernatural movie. The Japanese title is quite obscure so this is a fairly literal translation.

Golden Boy - Episodes 4 - 6 [Final]

Golden Boy is still good fun and despite it's obvious lewdness actually has a really nice underlying story.

Macross 7 - Episodes 14 - 18 (Blu-ray)

Ranma 1/2 - Episodes 70 - 73 (Blu-ray

3x3 Eyes & 3x3 Eyes: Legend of the Divine Demon A supernatural ova series and its sequel which had their moments but were otherwise a bit mixed for me. 3/5, 2.5/5

I agree, I can remember first watching the first OVA back in the mid 90s and loving it but having watched both OVAs a few times again in the last 20 years have found them mixed and the second one is definitely the weaker of the two.
Aldnoah.Zero Episodes 1 -24

Over the last couple weeks, nice show with good character/machine designs.

I thought Aldnoah Zero was one of the better mecha series from the mid 2010's.

Last edited:
Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon season 2 episodes 10-12 & OVA: Good finish to the season. Not sure about the mushroom trip. Sword of the Orion arrived today so that's next (along with Sword Oratoria), then it's the wait for season 3 and 4 BR.

Back