Your viewing journal

Have now watched most of Battle Athletes Victory (dubbed), only a few eps to go, it does have Hideyuki Kurata and Yosuke Kuroda on scriptwriting duties and it's on a par with Read or Die in some key aspects even though the plot/story is simpler. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, at any rate :) I have also watched most of Sound! Euphonium Season 1 (subbed) and I can now see why it's so well regarded, I'll admit to not having really enjoyed the first episode when I tried it a few months ago but now I'm back into watching subbed anime again I appreciated it a lot more and I think it's one of Kyoani's best series (I plan to rewatch certain other titles of theirs such as Amagi Brilliant Park and possibly Violet Evergarden and Tamako Market + Love Story subbed as well at some point though, as while the dubs for those are not bad I want to see if they impress me more in Japanese). I have also started Sakura Quest from the beginning again in Japanese as the dub isn't as good and I am enjoying that too, though I'm only on episode 3 or so :)

Violet Evergarden is way better in Japanese than in English, I could hardly watch it in English. Didn't care for the English voices for Violet or Hodgins.

I suspect I still might not be the biggest fan even if I watch in Japanese but we'll see, I'm certainly willing to give the show another shot for at least a couple of eps in it's original language :)

Ah, ok - Violet Evergarden is my #1 Anime Of All Time now, even over all of my Girls With Guns anime I love so much...

Actually, Hanasakeru Seishōnen and Ancient Magus' Bride also jumped over my Girls With Guns anime, at #2 and #3. My beloved Noir is now #4.

Last edited:
Ah, ok - Violet Evergarden is my #1 Anime Of All Time now, even over all of my Girls With Guns anime I love so much...

Actually, Hanasakeru Seishōnen and Ancient Magus' Bride also jumped over my Girls With Guns anime, at #2 and #3. My beloved Noir is now #4.

I don't remember if I ever mentioned it but I watched Noir with my mum (subbed) and she actually really enjoyed it too! :) I am still meaning to get around to watching Hanasakeru Seishonen :)

Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles (English Dub) Episode 11

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (English Dub) Episode 1

Life With an Ordinary Guy who Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout Episode 9

She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man Episode 9

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt Episode 9

Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout episode 9 Princess woes.

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt episode 9 Momentum.

009-1 episodes 10-12 (Complete. An action sci-fi with a retro aesthetic which was fairly decent overall.) 3/5

3x3 Eyes
& 3x3 Eyes: Legend of the Divine Demon A supernatural ova series and its sequel which had their moments but were otherwise a bit mixed for me. 3/5, 2.5/5

Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon season 1 (rewatch): trying to see whether I can justify splashing out on season 2. Must have worked, as I cracked by about episode 7. Like I need food this month, anyway. :)

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro (English Dub) Episode 9

In the Land of Leadale (English Dub) Episode 4

In the Land of Leadale Episode 10 Ghost ship.

Police in a Pod Episode 10 Misplaced and Grisly outcome.

In the Land of Leadale episode 10 Doting.

Police in a Pod episode 10 Missing.

5 Centimetres Per Second (Film) A Makoto Shinkai film consisting of three segments which made for a solid experience. 3.5/5

11eyes
episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A so-so supernatural plot paired with unnecessary fanservice made for a lacklustre watch.) 2/5

I was wondering about the Crystal Palace which is prominently featured in a few episodes of Emma-A Victorian Romance and was amazed to find out how big the originial version of it was-1,848 feet long x 408 feet wide x 108 feet high at the tallest point. Good god, that was huge for 1851, I wish I could have seen it back then. It was most likely a once in a life time experience.

Last edited:
The Familiar of Zero season 3: Still the obsession of the way boobies jiggle and Louise victim blaming poor Saito. Just one more season left for her to show some small measure of trust in her familiar, Oh, and I should mention that the story was entertaining, too.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Season 2 episode 9 Invaders.

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits episodes 1-12 (Complete. A smaller-scale idol series with more of a focus on the local community than selling out arenas.) 3/5

The Familiar of Zero season 3: Still the obsession of the way boobies jiggle and Louise victim blaming poor Saito. Just one more season left for her to show some small measure of trust in her familiar, Oh, and I should mention that the story was entertaining, too.
Gotta agree with you on that, I have all the Sentai bluray sets and I've watched it 3 or 4 times and it never fails to entertain and amuse me.

Super Crooks ep9-11

I’m close enough to the end now that I want to see this through, but the show hit a real dip around the 2/3 mark and I don’t feel it’s quite recovered from that - the pacing is all over the place and the utterly flat characterisation is grating hard now. Still hoping the final heist will redeem it though, the action at least has been reliably entertaining.

The Familiar of Zero season 4: good conclusion to the whole thing, I liked how it used elements from all four seasons at the end, and that Louise seemed to finally grow as a person (such a selfless act!). It's poor Siesta I feel sorry for. She reminds me of Sake from Steel Angel Kurumi, with the knowledge that her love will always remain unrequited but that her loyalty shall never waver.

Hidamari Sketch Graduation
A charming end to the series. It's such a fun and easy watch this show. The characters are easy to root for. The humour is great but also gentle. It's silly but also manages to be emotional where it counts. Just great all round.

My-Hime
Interesting to rewatch after so many years. Remembered almost nothing. Was surprised how dark it got as it went along especially given it starts with a breezy fun action vibe. The drama goes exponential in the second half. And it's all the better for it. The dub definitely has a fair few ropey performances but I still enjoyed it.

Back