Your viewing journal

EVANGELION: 3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME (Japanese audio) - Film

My thoughts on the film can be viewed here.

Everyone: Shinji, get in the robot or...

Shinji: Ok

Everyone:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 7
Love bite.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 6
Climbing the corporate ladder.

1m Lives s2 e6
Defending the homeland.

Villainess s2 e7
Dream house.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 18 Open your heart.

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 7 Dollhouse.

The Case Study of Vanitas episode 7 Condition.

The Dungeon of Black Company episode 6 Awakening.

Shutter Island (Film)

Hidamari Sketch (Rewatch)
episode 12 & specials (Complete. Still a pleasant and fun experience to rewatch.) 4/5

Hidamari Sketch x 365 (Rewatch)
episodes 1-13

Last edited:
8 months later I've finished Rising of the Shield Hero Season 1

Love Live Superstar [up to date]

Precute A La Mode Episodes 3 + 4

Last edited:
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 7 Defending against the elements.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 7 Overcoming criticism.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening episode 3 Dreams.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 107 Old Friend.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 3 Feeding a friend.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 7 Play to win.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 18 Lacking.

Hidamari Sketch x 365 (Rewatch) episode 14 & OVAs (Complete. Likewise with the first season, an enjoyable rewatch.) 4/5

Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12 & OVAs, SP (Complete. Another solid rewatch with the season that introduced two new main characters to the Hidamari Apartments.) 4/5

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

I've been watching Night Head 2041 on CR, watched all 5 episodes that are out right now. It's been really awesome so far, an intense, supernatural psychic thriller, best thing I've seen in a while. The CG is done very well for this series.

Last edited:
Steel Jeeg - Episodes 22 - 25

Tenamonya Voyagers - Episodes 1 - 4 [Final]

This is the first time I've watched this since the 00s, it's silly and has a story that doesn't make a lot of sense but it is quite funny and entertaining and it still brought a smile to my face, I'd forgotten just how lovely the animation was, would be great to see this on Blu-ray but I don't think that's going to happen given Tenamonya Voyager's obscurity these days.

Warring States Destroyer GoShogun - Episodes 1 -3 (Blu-ray)

Fairly standard Super Robot fare so far.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated ep 3
Tall tales.

D_Cide ep 6
One hell of a shot!

Remake Our Lives has a recap this week, so I'll leave that till later.

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 7
Trying to break the curse.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 7
Never say never.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 211 Data theft.

Fena: Pirate Princess episodes 1-2 This looks like it could be a decent adventure series.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 7 Patch.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 7 Play for today.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Rewatch) episodes 4-12 (Complete. Feels a bit bittersweet getting to the end and knowing there hasn’t been another season since- graduation OVAs asides -but another fun rewatch overall.) 4/5

Hikaru no Go
episodes 1-12

Not really in the mood for Eva, so thought I'd watch a lighter film:

Farewell, My Dear Cramer: First Touch
A prequel to the TV series (although I think the film was supposed to be out before it, but got delayed and looking at the dates the manga came out (2009/10, even before Japan won the Women's World Cup!) way before the manga the series is based on (2016-20)).
It follows Nozomi Onda in her middle school years of struggling to get a game in the mixed sex team as the boys she once schooled in skill terms in elementary school have grown up and now out muscle her even though she is still the more skillful player. There's also a fair few flash backs to those elementary days. There was a fair few similarities to the series including the sex divide and trying various schemes to get the coach to let her (them in the series) play with the boys and equally there was no fairy tale ending with her coming on and winning the match, although she did get on by hilarious and nefarious means to make an impact.
The art and animation were a little better than the series. They used CG in the matches so the action flowed a bit better rather than mostly slow-mo or still shots in the series, although they were still used here. I'll give it the same score, but probably rate it a little higher than the series.
7/10

Princess Principal: Crown Handler 1

Was going to watch this, but there's no dub yet which is how I watched the series. Also it's only 50 odd minutes long and there's more to come, so I'll leave it for now till they're all out.

I have to watch something on HiDive as I paid for a year like 10 months ago and I have only watched one show, which was a rewatch:

Revue Starlight (dub, rewatch) eps 1-4
This is also a rewatch, but I've been meaning to since the action is great, but the subs of both the speech and the lyrics were distracting (I think I also watched on mobile at the time). They haven't dubbed the songs though and the English caps are laggy which makes it doubly distracting so I had to turn them off.

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 7 Shiso.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 5 Centerpiece.

To Your Eternity episode 18 Dead or alive.

Hikaru no Go episodes 13-24

Last edited:
August 13th - 16th.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (English Dub) Episode 11

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (English Dub) Episode 2

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 18

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 33

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 18

EDENS ZERO Episode 19

Fena: Pirate Princess Episode 1-2

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 7

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 7

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 18

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening Episode 3

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 19

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 7

Seirei Gensouki - Spirit Chronicles Episode 7

The Detective is Already Dead Episode 7

The Duke of Death and His Maid Episode 7

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 6

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 3

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 41

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 43 Into battle.

Hikaru no Go episodes 25-36

Back