Your viewing journal

Yesterday, Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl, ep 46-51, and The Rise of Darkrai.

ETA: Today, Pokemon: Battle Dimension, ep. 1-15.

Last edited:
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 6 Childhood friend.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 6 Copy of A.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening episode 2 Promises promises.

Remake Our Life! episode 6 Doujin.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 2 Underling.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 6 Tournament time.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 17 Ambitions.

Gourmet Girl Graffiti episodes 7-12 (Complete. A decent though unremarkable SoL focusing on food with occasional yet typical food-based fan-service to accompany it.) 3/5

Gravitation
episodes 1-13 (Complete. I came away from this series with mixed thoughts overall as the elements of humour and drama plus the characters and their relationships worked sporadically but not consistently which hindered the series overall for me.) 2.5/5

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 11

My Hero Academia Season 5 (English Dub) Episode 17

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 32

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 6 Childhood friends mediation.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka☆Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening Episode 2

Remake Our Life! Episode 6 Compromise.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Episode 2 Subordinate.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 40 Intentions.

Remake Our Life! Episode 1 - 6

The Honour Student at Magic High School Episode 6

Kageki Shojo!! Episode 5 - 6

I bought the Sentai Real Girl CE set shortly after it released; I watched a few episodes online and knew it was going to be good, but I haven't had a chance to watch the whole series yet, was planning on saving it for a watch with the neighbor couple.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 5
Trapped in another situation.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 6
Ashes to ashes.

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 6
Sabbath.

Sonny Boy ep 4
Batter up.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 6
Imitation.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 210 Infiltration.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 6 Sacred writ.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 6 New friends.

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor episodes 1-17

Record of Lodoss War OVA 6-7

Even with what seems to have been a pretty good budget behind it, I feel the anime does show its limitations a little while trying to portray a large scale battle scene. I don't mind them opting for a more stylised, symbolic approach to try and get around that, but without going back to check, I think the Arslan OVA and the original Berserk series may have been a little more successful in evoking that sense of scale with similar limitations.

On a more positive note, I'm actually quite onboard with the story now - even if it hasn't thrown up any huge surprises, it's certainly still compelling.

I still haven't got round to Lodoss War yet either but I am waiting for the blu-ray to arrive having picked it up in a recent RightStuf sale. It's definitely on my 'to watch' list this year.

While it doesn't seem to say anywhere, I suspect Funimation's stream is mostly likely from a BD source, and the show definitely benefits from that clarity - the characters' faces are very expressive, and you can really appreciate all the fine detail.

I bought the Sentai Real Girl CE set shortly after it released; I watched a few episodes online and knew it was going to be good, but I haven't had a chance to watch the whole series yet, was planning on saving it for a watch with the neighbor couple.

Awesome, it does have a little bit of yelling in it but I feel like it doesn't rely on it too much? (tbh it's mostly Yoshino 🤣). I hope you enjoy it, it's definitely an interesting take on the high school rom-com anime
and I think the way it indulges certain narrative contrivances like characters generally being in the right place at the right time so that there aren't as many drawn-out misunderstandings, allows the show to focus on a lot of important, meaningful things that a lot of high school rom-com anime never really get to because they're too busy drawing out the love confession part. It was criticised for relying on that kinda stuff from what i saw on MAL but I think it earns it by purposefully doing it to make the other aspects of the narrative and the couple's relationship progression far more compelling, romantic and passionate than the norm for this type of series. I'd also make the point that IMO it's perhaps no more guilty of relying on that than other shows are of going in the opposite extreme just so they can draw things out for long enough for the entire remainder of that season of the show (even though I love Kimi ni Todoke that was very guilty of that in the second season)

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (English Dub) Episode 10

EDENS ZERO (English Dub) Episode 1-3

EDENS ZERO Episode 18 Copy.

The Detective is Already Dead Episode 6 Sacred tome.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Episode 6 New friendships.

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 20 & 21

Shin Godzilla

I liked Shin Godzilla, unsurprisingly it felt like an extended episode of Evangelion but it was silly fun.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Episodes 1 - 5 [Final]

I can remember how excited I was when I watched the first episode of He Man and the Masters of the Universe in 1983 after a lot of hype beforehand so I was more than a little dubious about this sequel when it was announced but I actually enjoyed watching this, the voice cast was good and I quite liked the edgier tone to it.

Plus Evil Lyn saying "Oh bollocks" was brilliant and gave me a good laugh!!!

I honestly love Belladonna of Sadness :)

Don't get me wrong overall I liked Belladonna of Sadness, it's so unique and stunningly beautiful and I like the way the story plays out in places but it's a film that's not without its problems though.

Shin Godzilla

I liked Shin Godzilla, unsurprisingly it felt like an extended episode of Evangelion but it was silly fun.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation - Episodes 1 - 5 [Final]

I can remember how excited I was when I watched the first episode of He Man and the Masters of the Universe in 1983 after a lot of hype beforehand so I was more than a little dubious about this sequel when it was announced but I actually enjoyed watching this, the voice cast was good and I quite liked the edgier tone to it.

Plus Evil Lyn saying "Oh bollocks" was brilliant and gave me a good laugh!!!

Don't get me wrong overall I liked Belladonna of Sadness, it's so unique and stunningly beautiful and I like the way the story plays out in places but it's a film that's not without its problems though.

I am really looking forward to seeing Shin Godzilla and MOTU: Revelation :) Re: Belladonna of Sadness I think it's a matter of taste to an extent - what you like in a film and what you don't :)

Finished Real Girl, would def recommend it, I also watched Disney's animated Cinderella (I've seen it once before on tape and this is my first time watching on Blu-ray) and it actually holds up pretty well overall, the only real flaw is that Prince Charming is underdeveloped as a character but at least he's a nice guy. I loved how epic the mice trying to get up the stairs was! I've now popped on Fantasia which is mesmerisingly beautiful but I was sooo tired that I kept falling asleep and had to pause it and take a nap cuz I don't wanna miss stuff :)

To Your Eternity - Episode 17

Battle Game in 5 Seconds - Episode 5

The Devil is a Part Timer - Episode 1-6

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 6 Forced fun.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 3 Power of song.

To Your Eternity episode 17 Drugged.

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor episodes 18-26 (Complete. I recall watching the OVA series a while back and this series adapts closer to the source material and had some solid action though wasn’t that engaging at times.) 3/5

Hakone-chan
episodes 1-13 (Complete. A short-form Anime I came across on crunchyroll which was a decent if brief viewing.) 3/5

Last edited:
Back